Bear Viewing Out of Ketichikan

theshowmestate

I would recommend the Neets Bay floatplane tour. Have been on it twice and saw LOTS of bears, some as close as 15 or 20 feet.

They are too early for Neets bay. The last several years, Neets hasn't started tours until the third week of July.

Hi there - we were there in August last year and we went to Traitors Cove with Island Wings - it was fantastic. Saw loads of bears catching salmon at a waterfall and they came really close. We later went to a bridge that was over a river that the bears were walking down. Lots of great photo ops. I notice on Island Wings website that they go to Anan Creek from July to August and then to Traitors Cove for August and September. Hope you get to see lots of bears and have an awesome holiday.:)

When we first starting making plans for our Alaskan cruise I thought we could do without bears but then I happened upon the CruisingGoddess review & pictures and changed my mind real quick. So we are booked for Anan in mid July and cannot wait, I know it will be a highlight of our trip. :)

When we first starting making plans for our Alaskan cruise I thought we could do without bears but then I happened upon the CruisingGoddess review & pictures and changed my mind real quick. So we are booked for Anan in mid July and cannot wait, I know it will be a highlight of our trip. :)

I'm so glad my review convinced you! You won't be sorry. Seriously, one of the most AMAZING experiences in my life!

Archived