You've Got Mail!

On Adam's letter it states beginning January 21, 2011, but under item 1 "How do your cruise credits convert to points?" it says "Please note, the cruise credits reflect all cruises that have been applied as of January 12th, 2011."

Diana

Yep. See it now. Typical C&A. Different answers to the same question.:rolleyes:

Nothing here on Long Island in our mail either.

I was able to log into my account however on the website and they have already converted my cruise credits to "points". We are now emerald instead of platinum. I believe there is an added welcome gift for our room of snacks and choice of soft drinks. Thats about the only extra I see. We will need to do atleast one 4 day cruise to reach diamond. I think we will do this in October. We are booked on the Allure for April 2012 and would like to be diamond for that sailing. There is a diamond lounge just down the hall from our cabin.

Overall, the changes seem fine.

Carol

I haven't received the nice brochure yet, but I did get an awesome EMAIL from Adam Goldstein yesterday. I copied it over:

(Dear Patricia,

Congratulations and welcome to the new top tier in the Crown & Anchor® Society! In honor of your incredible loyalty to Royal Caribbean International® we're very pleased to announce your membership status has been elevated from Diamond Plus to the Pinnacle Club.

We're also proud to bring you four new enhancements to the Crown & Anchor® Society program as of January 21, 2011. We listened to you and have made many of the changes you asked for. We told you there was more to come and here it is!)

Much to my surprise, since I only have 188 cruise credits.

NOT to my surprise was that it was sent by MISTAKE..... Really, you think so.

Miami made a booboo.... And NO I'm not Pinnacle, but still a Diamond Plus.

I'm not complaining. Just wanted to share my "Moment of excitement" with all ...;) still laughing about it !!!!!

Today, a lovely brochure with all of the details about the January 21 Crown & Anchor changes arrived in Merion.

Of course, it was addressed to my son, who is Diamond, but maybe they assume that I know what I need to know already.

;)

:D

Anyone else?

DH got his,,,nothing for me yet,,his came yesterday:rolleyes:

My husband got his :rolleyes:

Does anyone else get bothered that everything gets sent to the MAN of the house, regardless that he has less credits than the WOMAN of the house? Browns me off, I have to say. :p They even gave the crystal block to DH, even though I have 20 credits to his 7. Really, RCI? Really? In this day and age? It isn't Saudi Arabia, ya know... :rolleyes:

Does anyone else get bothered that everything gets sent to the MAN of the house, regardless that he has less credits than the WOMAN of the house? Browns me off, I have to say. :p They even gave the crystal block to DH, even though I have 20 credits to his 7. Really, RCI? Really? In this day and age? It isn't Saudi Arabia, ya know... :rolleyes:

Ahem. Well then.

Anyway, it is actually an etiquette guideline to address all mail to the head of the house and the traditional head is the man. You know "mister and misses," "sir and madam" etc. Is it sexism? I guess, if you want to look at it that way. I don't personally find it offensive because I understand it is simply an old tradition.

Ahem. Well then.

Anyway, it is actually an etiquette guideline to address all mail to the head of the house and the traditional head is the man. You know "mister and misses," "sir and madam" etc. Is it sexism? I guess, if you want to look at it that way. I don't personally find it offensive because I understand it is simply an old tradition.

I think that may be a 19th century or at best up to mid-20th century tradition.:rolleyes: Today mail goes to the person it's supposed to - I get my own credit card statements, frequent flyer correspondence, phone bill, etc. Not to mention mailers from Princess, HAL, Carnival, Celebrity, Azamara, etc. But almost never anything from RCI. Then again, DH doesn't get anything either. We are in our own little invisible category of C&A.:mad:

Ahem. Well then.

It is an old tradition - and that's the point. ;) 50 years ago - perfectly acceptable. Times have changed, at least in the Western world.:rolleyes: I introduced DH to cruising (I cruised RCI first, and as I said, have 23 credits now -old system - to his 7). To give him the block (he was in a separate cabin with our son) really exemplifies how backwards RCI is. I'm a TA, do all the bookings, all the work, and everything is still addressed to him. Not one email or letter comes to me.:rolleyes:

And I wouldn't call DH the head of the house - we are partners. He would know better than to say that, actually! :p

I think that may be a 19th century or at best up to mid-20th century tradition.:rolleyes: Today mail goes to the person it's supposed to - I get my own credit card statements, frequent flyer correspondence, phone bill, etc. Not to mention mailers from Princess, HAL, Carnival, Celebrity, Azamara, etc. But almost never anything from RCI. Then again, DH doesn't get anything either. We are in our own little invisible category of C&A.

Merci, mon amie. :)

RONALD got his a couple of days ago.

Too bad my husband's name is RICHARD. :p Whoever this RONALD guy is, he gets C&A info long before we do. ;)

We are still waiting for our Platinum and Diamond pins. Maybe we'll get Ronald's? :D

Hmm, I get stuff for someone named Carelyn! Yes that is how it is spelled. Do you think she knows Ronald? Carelyn's stuff arrives a day or so before ours.

Maybe some of our stuff goes to her.

Annieeee

Now I know why my DH, Ronald never gets his RCCL email.

Can you tell me why I never get RCCL email?:)

Do you know who might get get my email?:)

Help!!!:)

Hmm, I get stuff for someone named Carelyn! Yes that is how it is spelled. Do you think she knows Ronald? Carelyn's stuff arrives a day or so before ours.

Maybe some of our stuff goes to her.

Annieeee

Heyyyy, maybe we have this figured out! Igot2cruise -- is your name Carelyn???? :D:p

If so, then we have a match! ;)

And Patricia -- I think I would have held onto that email and welcomed myself right into that Pinnacle club! HAHAHAHAHA

We are sailing in March and DH's brochure arrived a few days ago. We will officially be Diamond after this cruise. All was explained in brochure.

Years ago you were treated special if you had 5 cruises under your belt. With the ease of cruising now it is not unusual for people to have 3 cruises a year (not us). We started cruising in 1989 and our cruise back then was more expensive than the cruise we are taking in March. Things change. Sometimes good, sometimes not. But I do wish that RCCL would address me sometimes rather than just DH. I guess it is only one per household to save $. All cruise lines are doing everthing by email now. It must save them thousands to do that.

Happy Sailing everyone!

Heyyyy, maybe we have this figured out! Igot2cruise -- is your name Carelyn???? :D:p

If so, then we have a match! ;)

And Patricia -- I think I would have held onto that email and welcomed myself right into that Pinnacle club! HAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, not Carelyn.

And I also do all the planning and booking and neither of us gets any mail from RCI. But it could be worse if all the mail was addressed to DH.

I think that may be a 19th century or at best up to mid-20th century tradition.:rolleyes: Today mail goes to the person it's supposed to - I get my own credit card statements, frequent flyer correspondence, phone bill, etc. Not to mention mailers from Princess, HAL, Carnival, Celebrity, Azamara, etc. But almost never anything from RCI. Then again, DH doesn't get anything either. We are in our own little invisible category of C&A.:mad:

Credit cards are different because it is solely in your name. Whenever something is for the household (and CAS is mailed out via household, typically) tradition still allows for it to be mailed to the head of the house and tradition still states the head of the house is the man. I'm sorry you feel etiquette rules should bend to your whim, but they don't. It is still quite common within the circles of those who know the rules.

Again, I'm not sure why this is offensive to some. It isn't like they addressed it "Mr. So and so and that lazy chick that has to have some man to take care of her because she couldn't possibly do the work of a man"

And I also do all the planning and booking and neither of us gets any mail from RCI. But it could be worse if all the mail was addressed to DH.

Same here. I do the planning, booking AND paying. It goes under MY name, MY credit card, the seapass credit is MY name, he is authorized to use MY credit on the ship but who gets the mail (if and when we get it, which is rare)? Care to guess?? Not me. It has his name on it:confused:. Wake up RCC.

Also "head of household" being the male. We have been married 45 years, he has his own business, I work full time and carry the insurance for both of us. I do most of the buying and pay all the personal bills. So who IS the "head of household" here?

Ok -- off soap box and done venting:). 24 more days and we will be where it is warm and sunny.

Archived