WOW Sales

BillDg

I received an email from a online TA with my 12 night 10/14/11 Mariner cruise Priced at Balcony: $ 1699 pp RCI's price is HOT DEALS FROM $ 2,219 USD for Balcony. How come? I though TA could not undercut RCI. and this is a $1040 difference for the cabin!!:mad::mad:

How do WOW sales differ from RCCL's Tuesday sales? How can you access the Tuesday sales?

A wow sale means half price deposit and obc. A Tuesday sale is discounted cabins for select sailings. Both are for new bookings only.

We booked during the WOW sale last August for our cruise this October, so I'm not sure that it's only during spring and fall.

Royal Caribbean offers their Wow sale twice a year, typically in the spring and fall. There is a travel agency that offers an occasional sale and uses wow in their advertising in order to capitalize on the branding that Royal Caribbean has created. Honestly I'm surprised that Royal Caribbean has not trademarked Wow Sale. If they had, I think this would be a pretty clear case of an infringement.

Royal Caribbean offers their Wow sale twice a year, typically in the spring and fall. There is a travel agency that offers an occasional sale and uses wow in their advertising in order to capitalize on the branding that Royal Caribbean has created. Honestly I'm surprised that Royal Caribbean has not trademarked Wow Sale. If they had, I think this would be a pretty clear case of an infringement.

I don't think they care who says 'wow' if it sells their cabins.

I received an email from a online TA with my 12 night 10/14/11 Mariner cruise Priced at Balcony: $ 1699 pp RCI's price is HOT DEALS FROM $ 2,219 USD for Balcony. How come? I though TA could not undercut RCI. and this is a $1040 difference for the cabin!!:mad::mad:

Exact same category? Same location? Could be group space they are holding from back a bit.

I do not use TA's and I called RCCL and booked with them directly. We only paid $250 pp for the deposit and got an on-board credit. Is this not the WOW sale?

I do not use TA's and I called RCCL and booked with them directly. We only paid $250 pp for the deposit and got an on-board credit. Is this not the WOW sale?

A major feature of a "real" WOW sale is half price deposit, and that is the regular deposit, so it had to be some other kind of promotion.

:)

Archived