concierge class evening snacks

mgmigs

this may sound like a wierd question so please bear with me. dh and i just got braces (as adults), needless to say it has been quite painful and we have been eating only soft foods like smoothies, mashed potatoes...very soft, mushy foods.

the question is, what kind of evening snacks do they bring you in the concierge class rooms? i'm guessing that neither of us will be able to comfortably eat any of these snacks, am i correct?

Hi there,

I cant speak to exactly what types of snacks they bring but from what I have read and if its anything like NCL its little canapes. You can request cheese and crackers instead. I have been an Orthodontic assistant for 15 years. You will be fine, when did you get your braces? Take Advil consistantly 3 times per day for a few days. Learning to eat with braces is a challenge for sure but I think you will find it wont be as hard as you think. The cleaning after eating, now thats a different story :) Do you have those little interproximal brushes (the ones that look like little christmas trees) those come in handy!!

You will have no trouble eating them. We just got off the Millie this past week and we were served small canapes- mostly egg salad, caviar, mousse-like things all on toast or meat stuffed with soft cheese. The only crunchy thing was cheese on celery.

We didn't always like the day's offerings, but it was nice to have them waiting when we got back to the cabin each afternoon.

Enjoy!

Hi,

I sailed in Concierge Class staterooms on the Summit and the Century late last year. I liked the canapes each evening. You should not have trouble eating them.

I really like the little extras in Concierge Class.

Enjoy your cruise,

Chuck

These are actually late afternoon snacks (around 4PM). If you don't like these you can ask for something else, order something from room service (all complimentary), have some of the fruit from the bowl in your CC room, head up to afternoon tea in the buffet where they have a wide selection of snacks such as tea sandwiches, scones, desserts and other goodies, head to the ice cream bar (hard or soft, with or without toppings and in a cone or a cup), salad bar, pizza station, salad bar, pasta bar or grill (how about some nachos, fries, or other goodies if you're not up to a burger or hot dog). You can also stop by the coffee bar and even if you aren't buying any beverages there they'll have complimentary pastries and other snacks as well. Or wait another hour and hit the sushi in the buffet area or the tapas at the coffee bar.

That's all I can think of but I might have left something out.

Hope that is enough for you to find something that matches your appetite and your dental work!:D

Hi,

I sailed in Concierge Class staterooms on the Summit and the Century late last year. I liked the canapes each evening. You should not have trouble eating them.

I really like the little extras in Concierge Class.

Enjoy your cruise,

Chuck

I agree. It's the little things that make your cruise special.

I did a search on this and found this shot.

canape-celebrity-cc.jpg

Looks inviting to me.

Hi there,

I cant speak to exactly what types of snacks they bring but from what I have read and if its anything like NCL its little canapes. You can request cheese and crackers instead. I have been an Orthodontic assistant for 15 years. You will be fine, when did you get your braces? Take Advil consistantly 3 times per day for a few days. Learning to eat with braces is a challenge for sure but I think you will find it wont be as hard as you think. The cleaning after eating, now thats a different story :) Do you have those little interproximal brushes (the ones that look like little christmas trees) those come in handy!!

got braces less than 3 weeks ago. leaving on the centry in about 3 more weeks. every day it seems to get a little easier but we are due for new wires soon, don't know if that will bring us back to square one. yes we have those little brushes, will make sure we don't forget them for the trip.

thanks to all for the responses. was very helpful.

this may sound like a wierd question so please bear with me. dh and i just got braces (as adults), needless to say it has been quite painful and we have been eating only soft foods like smoothies, mashed potatoes...very soft, mushy foods.

the question is, what kind of evening snacks do they bring you in the concierge class rooms? i'm guessing that neither of us will be able to comfortably eat any of these snacks, am i correct?

When did you get your braces and how soon is your cruise? While braces take some getting used to, any pain and discomfort should be gone within a few days.

• 4 months later...

So how did it go on your cruise? I am eager to hear your response, as I just got braces last week and am cruising in about 6 weeks. It's not the pain I worry about, it's the eating/cleaning of the braces. I guess I will have to carry supplies everywhere!

Good luck with your braces, I had them as an adult also and it does get better the longer you have them.

As for the afternoon 'snacks' in C class- soft whipped stuff on crackers- we thought pretty yuckky and after 3 days we stopped them. It was easier to go up and get some snack from afternoon tea in the buffet or order a cheeseplate or the asian teasers from room service-now that was a good snack!

Bev

We do not cruise concierge class so do not get the afternoon canapes. But, as room

service is available free (tip excluded), my quesion is. Can I order, from room service,

the same canapes that Concierge gets?

We didn't care for the concierge snacks so we had them bring us a cheese plate and a fruit plate each day. You could order that from room service, no problem. It mat not be as pretty but it tasyed better to us.

Just off Equinox in Concierge- the pics posted here are representative of the very tiny canapes now in Concierge. The pics are actually bigger than the snacks themselves-barely a bite each. They also repeated often- 3 different plates over 11 nights.

We asked for cheese/crackers rather than these from our steward-we were told changes could not be made and to call Room Service if we wanted them. It was actually easier-and tastier- to hop up to Oceanview and get some cheese/crackers/sushi and enjoy that on the balcony. Also they are delivered at 3-4pm and if you are in port they are often sitting in the room getting warm for a few hours until you return. Since most had cream cheese in some form....... not yummy!

Many of the Concierge pluses we enjoyed on our last Celebrity trip 2 years ago are gone now or downgraded. We were a bit disappointed in general.

I've had braces on since Nov 2009 and they're coming off in about 4 or 5 months. Just in time for my Nov Med cruise The pain will get easier and eating with braces will become better. You will become so used to them that you'll forget that they're there.

Always have lots of wax on hand for those times when they rub. Also buy some medicine for canker/mouth sores for when you get sores from the rubbing. It's been around 18 months and they still rub. Everyone tells me that all the pain and suffering will be worth it when the braces come off. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

So how did it go on your cruise? I am eager to hear your response, as I just got braces last week and am cruising in about 6 weeks. It's not the pain I worry about, it's the eating/cleaning of the braces. I guess I will have to carry supplies everywhere!

the cruise was fantastic. we cruised about 6 weeks after getting our braces on and by then, most of the initial pain subsided. however, eating with braces is a bit of a nuisance, salads are especially difficult because the lettuce gets stuck in the braces. thankfully there are bathrooms everywhere so just try to be careful and go strait to a bathroom right after your done eating to take care of your braces. it is just an extra consideration you would not normally have to think about. i just keep thinking about the day they will come off, the discomfort now will be well worth it.

i hope you have a great cruise.

We do not cruise concierge class so do not get the afternoon canapes. But, as room

service is available free (tip excluded), my quesion is. Can I order, from room service,

the same canapes that Concierge gets?

honestly, the cc class canapes were not very good. after the first day, i took everyones advice here and asked for a cheese plate to be substituted. i personally feel you will be more pleased with a room service order as opposed to those cc canapes.

Since most of the concierge class canapes are little somethings on a cracker, you shouldn't have a problem.

I also had braces as and adult and I learned a few lessons during the two years I wore them. Most importantly, if I stuck with totally soft foods for the first full day or two after and adjustment, I had much less pain and could then eat anything I wanted. Advil is your friend, take it before you go to the orthodontist and for the next day. Keep floss with you at all times so you can duck into the nearest restroom and take care of business.

Archived