Help, middle name on Passport not on sail pass?

mrs.coach

Hi, This is my first cruise w/ RC & I just tried to do the on-line registration, however my husbands middle name is listed on his passport, but does not show on the sail & sign card, even though I typed it in the information space? My travel agent says they only go by 1st & last names & it won't be a problem, but I'm anxious......we sail in 11 days!! any advise would be appreciated.

All my 3 kids have a middle name on their passports and birth certificates. But like you, there wasn't enough space to enter it when doing online checkin. I called RC and they told me the same thing - they only go with first and last names. We went on the cruise last month no problem. It was never once mentioned.

You will be fine, enjoy !

My first, middle, maiden and married names are on my passport and drivers license. I actually go by my middle name. All cruise lines go by my first name (which is confusing for me). Been on 27 cruises with first and last name on sail pass. That is indeed all they go by.

Have fun and enjoy your cruise.

macy

All my 3 kids have a middle name on their passports and birth certificates. But like you, there wasn't enough space to enter it when doing online checkin. I called RC and they told me the same thing - they only go with first and last names. We went on the cruise last month no problem. It was never once mentioned.

You will be fine, enjoy !

Never had a problem either. Also, my Credit Card only has middle initial on it. And, I am a Jr

First name, last name and DOB is all they have ever cared about with me.

Hi, This is my first cruise w/ RC & I just tried to do the on-line registration, however my husbands middle name is listed on his passport, but does not show on the sail & sign card, even though I typed it in the information space? My travel agent says they only go by 1st & last names & it won't be a problem, but I'm anxious......we sail in 11 days!! any advise would be appreciated.

It will work out fine. I had a terrible time with RCCL as the C&A does not use middle names. My first and last name are very common and I always use my middle name on anything legal (which is what is on my passport). My husband and myself were very concerned that our airplane tickets (booked by RCCL) did not match our passport, which I thought was a no no. Anyway we just did an international cruise in December and had no problem while traveling. We did have a problem on line booking things and had to call RCCL many times to get things completed correctly. Have a great cruise!!;)

I too go by my middle name, and it was not a problem for my first two RCI cruises to have my sail pass with first initial and middle name. For our upcoming RCI cruise in 2012, I had to switch to my first name. Now I'm probably going to be singled out at every customs check, just because I'm not used to someone calling me by my first name. I don't think it will be a problem getting on the ship, since my first name is listed on my passport.

Have a great cruise.

SetSail Pass will always only have first and last name..The only place on RCI website you put in your middle name is when you sign up for a "My Cruise" account with C&A also at that time you can link (activate your C&A #) with that account....Otherwise the above posters are all correct...

I was worried about my last name because I hyphenated my name when I got married last year. RCI's computer does not accept hyphens, and I was concerned about documents not matching. We've been on six cruises since then and it has never been a problem. Trying to pay online when asked for my name as shown on the credit card, then refusal to acknowledge the hyphen... that's a problem :(

I too go by my middle name, and it was not a problem for my first two RCI cruises to have my sail pass with first initial and middle name. For our upcoming RCI cruise in 2012, I had to switch to my first name. Now I'm probably going to be singled out at every customs check, just because I'm not used to someone calling me by my first name. I don't think it will be a problem getting on the ship, since my first name is listed on my passport.

Have a great cruise.

You may have to talk to the C&A people to make sure their system recognizes you. I had that issue with both Carnival and Princess, where I used my usually used middle name pre-9/11, and then was told to switch to first name after, and they didn't recognize me as a past guest.

Only time we had an issue (if you even want to call it) was when my wife listed me as "Bill" on the RCI docs and my passport reads "William" for a first name. They had to make some changes when we checked it, but minimal delay.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!!

my maiden name is on my passport but has never been on any of my cruise docs and i've never once had a problem. you won't have to wave goodbye to him as you sail away on monach:eek:. have a wonderful cruise!!!:)

So you don't have your married name on your passport? They still let you cruise? :confused: Dang! I just paid to get my passport renewed to my married name. Could have spent that money on my "cruise wardrobe"!:p

At this point in time the cruise lines don't care. It's the AIRLINES that now require the name on your reservation to match the name on your passport. If you have a middle name on your passport, is has to be on your airline reservation.

Not from my experience. I have flown internationally several times in the last year and my middle name has not been on my electronic ticket.

So you don't have your married name on your passport? They still let you cruise? :confused: Dang! I just paid to get my passport renewed to my married name. Could have spent that money on my "cruise wardrobe"!:p

But you would of had to carry other documentation.

Although your middle name isn't on your seapass, it is in the RCI system. When you check in, the Customer Service person pulls up your file which includes your full name. This name must match your passport. The information in the system is taken from what you input to the system when you completed your seapass document on your computer, prior to printing your seapass. You can go back into that document to check it at any time. If it is wrong, correct it and reprint your seapass.

Archived