Which Specific Ships Have Single Cabins

HLR

Hi All!

A) Which Specific Ships have Single Cabins? (I know Epic is one)

B) Which Specific Cruise Lines tend to offer an Exceptional Deal for Single Cruisers?

Starting my homework! Actually I have a friend to go with, but she smokes and [oh my goodness!] does she snore!

Is there already a thread asking this? You can guide me there!

HLR

Some P&O ships have solo cabins, I think Azura is one.

Prinsendam, of Holland America, has solo cabins. But that's a luxury ship and it will be quite expensive.

Fred Olson Cruise Lines has a few solo cabins on some of their ships.

One Royal Caribbean ship will install three inside cabins that will be for singles.

Unfortunately, the lines with the best single supplement are the luxury lines. You can get a 25% single supplement on Crystal, Silversea and on some Regent cruises.

If your friend smokes, make sure to find a line that's more smoker friendly. Some lines are greatly restricting smoking in cabins, balconies and in most public rooms.

Edited by kitty9

I have recently discovered that MSC cruises offers some special pricing to solos and couples with AARP membership. I priced (had to call and ask) a cruise for a solo Carribean cruise next year and it worked out to about a 35% single supplement rate.

I have not had the time to research the line any further though...

Janet

The Costa ships with pure single cabins (ie no pullmans) are on the following...

Allegra

Marina

Classica

Romantica

Fortuna

Magica

Favalosa

Pacifica

I have sailed aboard Allegra twice now and had single cabins on both cruises. They average out at around 155sqft and have all the usual amenities you would expect in any other size cabin. There are both inside and outside cabins to choose from on a variety of decks.

Each ship has tween 4 and 10 single cabins, they are identified as either IS or ES (inside or outside).

The solo supplement is sliding...30% for those like me who book early, to a maximum of 75% for those who book closer to departure. That goes fleetwide regardless as to whether or not the ship has single cabins. I am sailing aboard Costa Victoria in a few weeks, she has no single cabins but I was only charged 30% supplement.

Last year I sailed on Allegra for 33 nights, Singapore to Savona, booked a year out and with flights & 4 nights pre-stay in Singapore, I still got change out of £3100/$4990 :)

Edited by Goldryder

Iv been on the Costa Magica 2 times and I got singles room both times with no singles suplement. I find if I book 120 to 90 days before sailing I get the best rates. I think like most lines they want to fill rooms and if they havent sold they want to fill the ship . I also got a solo room on the Fortuna at about 10% suplement . They didnt have any solo rooms left but I got an outside at same rate. CARL

The Epic does have solo cabins as you know. What's nice (IMO) about them are that you can only get to the with a key card from one of the solo cabins so people can't just walk through. They have small cabins and then a big 'living room' that is shared with all the singles. They have snacks and you can get bar service and socialize with other singles. There's a white board people can leave notes on to find people to eat with. I met a few ladies that were traveling together but in single cabins on the Epic last time and they spoke very highly of it. They said they felt safe and enjoyed having their own cabin but still having friends to travel with.

Some of the others that have solo cabins are high end lines or traveling very distinct itineraries like Voyages to Antiquity, Voyages of Discovery, etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Cunard no longer has single cabins. The QE2 had them in various cabin grades but the ship is no longer in service. Her last voyage was in Nov 2008. :(

Edited by DKNYC

Ive checked Cunard many times for solo rooms. Iv been told they have none. What ship has them. I just called the co. and no one knows of a solo cabin. CARL

That was bad information from the person who said Cunard has single cabins. The old QE2 had some solo cabins, but now that she's permanently ported in Dubai, Cunard no longer has solo cabins.

Edited by kitty9

Thanks for the update on Cunard KITTY . Iv been checking for single rooms and rates for my jan cruise. The people at Cunard acted like I was nuts when I told them I was told they had singles rooms on cruise critic . I asumed the person posting knew what they were talking about . Cunard definatly told me they have NO singles ROOMS . They do run ocasionally a discounted rate but no desanated singles rooms . Too bad Iv been looking to sail on them. Ive been on 8 cruise lines but not Cunard.

• 4 years later...
Thanks for the update on Cunard KITTY . Iv been checking for single rooms and rates for my jan cruise. The people at Cunard acted like I was nuts when I told them I was told they had singles rooms on cruise critic . I asumed the person posting knew what they were talking about . Cunard definatly told me they have NO singles ROOMS . They do run ocasionally a discounted rate but no desanated singles rooms . Too bad Iv been looking to sail on them. Ive been on 8 cruise lines but not Cunard.

Updating this old thread. Cunard has Category LC for single staterooms on QE and QV ships.

Royal Caribbean has at least 3 ships with solo cabins.

1. Brilliance of the Seas - Interior. I stay in one and really like it. It is small but felt more cozy than cramped. Plus it was very quiet.

2. Anthem of the Seas - I am staying in a Studio Balcony stateroom next month.

3. Harmony of the Seas - both Interior and Ocean view. I will be staying in an Ocean View the end of this year.

That is all I know about - but my guess is that other ships have solo rooms as well.

Carnival does not have solo cabins, but sometimes the inside cabins are available for solo cruisers at a good price. And since the cabin was originally designed for two people there tends to be lots of space.

For the last two months I have been looking and have *NOT* found any good prices with Carnival for solo cruising, but in Dec.2014 I was on the Breeze for 6 nights for $460 CDN and on the Dream in Oct.2015 for 21 days for $1800 CDN.

I also just missed a cruise in March 2015 for 7 nights for about $540 CDN.

Since then the only bargains I have seen have been on NCL, but not all of them were in the solo cabins, some of the good pricing were the inside cabins instead (that what I did in March instead) including at one time the price for a solo traveler was cheaper of an inside cabin than for the solo cabins. Which really makes sense for you to look at since you are traveling with someone.

PS. Once you go solo it is hard to change back even with a travel companion, my last two trips to Las Vegas (with my niece) and Cuba (with a friend) I still ended up renting a room just for myself, and my next trip to Cuba again I will have a separate cabin from the one my travel companion is staying in. In contrast on both the trips to Quebec City and Sandbanks we shared large waterfront cabins with separate sleeping areas and still found ourselves getting in each other's way.

Edited by Earl Colby Pottinger

Why are there no solo cabins with verandahs?

Sure they would be priced higher than an Inside cabin but why aren't there some offered. Because we sail solo, we are assumed to not want a verandah?

All four of the Fred Olsen ships have single cabins with verandahs. It is the only cruise line I have run across that does. I wish more did!

Fred Olsen has the right idea.

Sadly, I will not be traveling to sail on those ships but I sure would like a verandah solo cabin being offered by other lines.

There is no way I am booking an Inside cabin. I commend those who are fine with it but I would rather stay home. :o

I ignored the Anthem suggestion as that is a ship I'd never sail.

WAY too big for my taste and not happy with the recent bad publicity for now two cruises.

Of course, I realize others may be delighted Anthem offers verandah solo cabins.

I'd be happy for most any mid-size ship to do so.

Edited by sail7seas