Silly Question - Shrimp Cocktail

charlielinda

That's not an appetizer, that's a main course!! You wouldn't even get something like that in the Steakhouse. The shrimp (prawn) cocktail on the main menu is supposed to be an appetizer, that's exactly what it is.

[quote name='hansi']That's not an appetizer, that's a main course!! You wouldn't even get something like that in the Steakhouse. The shrimp (prawn) cocktail on the main menu is supposed to be an appetizer, that's exactly what it is.[/QUOTE]
Nope. I've never seen a shrimp cocktail offered as a main course anywhere ... and we dine out frequently. My point is simple ... Princess' version a very disappointing selection to me. Perhaps if they weren't so soggy .... I've heard similar comments on several cruises, so I'm not alone. Hey ... whatever works (or doesn't).

[quote name='sandcrab434']what is black and blue onion soup?[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]Onion soup that's been beaten up by minestrone and clam chowder.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]Seriously, it's the onion soup served in the Crown Grill (the specialty steak house). I believe it features Jack Daniels bourbon (black) and blue cheese in the recipe. The regular dining room French Onion Soup, by the way, has traditional cheese, no bourbon, and is delicious. Ask your waiter what night it's served as it's not always listed on the menu. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Shrimp cocktail is the ONLY appetizer my brother will even touch. Last time we cruised with them he would eat 3 every night. After the 2nd night he never had to ask for a 2nd one, it would just automatically appear.

Personally, I prefer the chilled fruit soups.

Mike

[quote name='Mist_ynight']For those of you wondering about the always there selections of the menu someone posted the 7 day menu from the Crown Princess. I saved them to my computer to browse before my upcoming cruise. Hope that helps :)[/quote]

Thank you for posting, but am I alone when saying Please Princess change up the menus!!! I am tired of seeing the same items, none of which 'wow' me... Please, please, a little variety :o

[quote name='crusinpeg']I have never had the cheese bowl...is this something you have to ask for..or is it only if you get it as an entree?[/quote]
The fettucine comes in a parmesan cheese bowl placed on a plate. Just ask for the fettucine. :)

[quote name='crusinpeg']I have never had the cheese bowl...is this something you have to ask for..or is it only if you get it as an entree?[/quote]

I believe it only comes with a cheese bowl if you order it as an entree.

[quote name='avalong']I believe it only comes with a cheese bowl if you order it as an entree.[/QUOTE]

If you specifically ask for the Parmesan cheese bowl with the appetizer fettuccine they will bring it to you (at last on the Grand, in early February).

[quote name='MGnut']If you specifically ask for the Parmesan cheese bowl with the appetizer fettuccine they will bring it to you (at last on the Grand, in early February).[/quote]

I did this 7 or 8 nights on our last 10 daySAPPHIRE cruise this Jan.....OMG YUM :)

For about one month after that cruise, I think I would have oozed out cream and cheese if I got a paper cut:eek:

Archived