Silly Question - Shrimp Cocktail

charlielinda

Hi All

The Black and Blue soap is only in the Crown Grill what you get in the MDR is a French soup but not as good as the Crown Grill one.

yours Shogun

How's your new pup coming along?

Fettucini Alfredo is on the "Always Available" side of the menu. It's served in a cheese bowl. You can order it as an appetizer, side dish with your entree or as your entree.

The fettucini Alfredo in that cheese bowl is the greatest. Last cruise I think I had it 4 times in 15 days. Yummy!:D

The Pub Lunch has a limited menu of about four items. Only went once while on board the Star in January so I don't know if it changes each day they offer the Lunch.

Food was good.

The Pub Lunch has a limited menu of about four items. Only went once while on board the Star in January so I don't know if it changes each day they offer the Lunch.

Food was good.

Used to be the same four choices, but they seem to be offering four others on the 2nd sea day this year. Not sure what else besides fish & chips, bangers & mash, cottage or shepherds pie, and ploughman's lunch. I've heard scotch eggs and steak & kidney pie....I'm sure someone can fill us in with the rest.

Guinness and Boddingtons beer, too.

On all the ships with Princess I. Have been on they had shrimp. I start every dinner with a double order with extra sauce. I tell the waiter to just bring them and all have had them out for an appetizer every night for me.

I'll be travelling with friends and one is British. I heard about the Pub Fare lunch one day in a Speciality Restaurant. Do you know if they do this on the Coral? We'll be sailing from Whittier to Vancover. I'd love to tell him he can get his Bangers & Mash :)
We did Vancouver to Whittier on the Coral this Summer. Opposite direction, but the Pub Lunch was offered twice in Bayou Cafe in Ketchikan (12:30 - 2:30) and College Fjord (11:30 - 2:00). They only had the original menu at that time but it did include Bangers & Mash.

I'll be travelling with friends and one is British. I heard about the Pub Fare lunch one day in a Speciality Restaurant. Do you know if they do this on the Coral? We'll be sailing from Whittier to Vancover. I'd love to tell him he can get his Bangers & Mash :)

Nice hijack! Why would you think of posting this in the middle of a thread about shrimp cocktail?

You should have started a new thread!

Lew

Two Weeks ago 1/14-1/24 Pub lunch was in the Bayou cafe. They had bangers& mash (I had that) They also offered fish & chips with a small side of mushy peas, two other offerings and Bread & butter pudding for dessert. Multiple beer offerings as well.

It was only offered one day and you had to catch it in the Patter's to know when and where it was. Not very well publicized. We went a haldf hour before lunch ended and there were only 4 other people total in the place. I was good, I would do it again.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the shrimp cocktail was a pretty good size on the Island last month. If anyone thinks they are small they should sail on NCL and try their shrimp cocktail in the MDR. It was itty bitty tiny salad shrimp and very salty/fishy tasting. Everyone one in our party ordered it and thought it was disgusting :eek:

If I remember correctly, there was two pasta's one that changed and the other standard Fett. Alfredo.

Then there were shrimp cocktail and ceasar salad, a salmon dish, beef tenderloin, and a grilled chicken breast.

I also ALWAYS ordered steamed veggies to go with my meal every night.

If I didn't ask for them, I didn't get them.

On other ships, once I had made a request several times I was offered it each night BUT they were very busy and I guess it is a safe way to cut down on food waste.

Dinners were great.

We had the Pub Lunch offered twice on the ship as well as a sushi/oriental. French, and Italian theme lunches as well.

They did a great job of offering all sorts of foods!

Safe Travels.

Chass

[quote name='crews4fun']The fettucini Alfredo in that cheese bowl is the greatest. Last cruise I think I had it 4 times in 15 days. Yummy!:D[/QUOTE]

Agree...this is a favorite for our family as well, and a VERY filling appetizer. The small and mushy shrimp not so much, however. FWIW, we prefer tails on

[quote name='Kinkacruiser']We have a prawn/shrimp cocktail most nights. I do wish the tails were removed. Prawns (king size) are also featured in some main courses.[/QUOTE]

Remove the tails? Dear me, no! How would you pick them up?

[quote name='whale-watcher']Agree...this is a favorite for our family as well, and a VERY filling appetizer. The small and mushy shrimp not so much, however. FWIW, we prefer tails on[/QUOTE]

The best part of the fettucine is the cheese bowl. Yummy!

This is what a shrimp cocktail should look like, folks ...

[url]http://www.evernewrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Banana-Shrimp-Cocktail-Recipe.jpg[/url]

Can any of you honestly state that you've been served something like this in a Princess dining room, other than a specialty restaurant? As I noted before, what passes for one is simply about five smaller shrimp (probably no larger than 31-40 ct.), previously frozen (and therefore soggy and waterlogged), "dressed" with some generic sauce. But I'm sure it's pretty much the same on most cruise lines (I know that Royal Caribbean's looks and tastes the same to me). Really good shrimp and prawns are expensive, even in bulk ... and if what was served resembled the photo, everyone would be ordering two or three. Although I'm a seafood fan, I usually find another appetizer, so that I won't be disappointed.

Archived