Silly Question - Shrimp Cocktail

charlielinda

Does Princess always have Shrimp Cocktail in the menu as an appetizer? We've never sailed with Princess. Is there an appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert. Are there certain items you could always order for each course? For example, shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, chicken for an entree, berries for dessert? Thanks for your help.

They have a section "Always available and the shrimp cocktail is on that list." If there is something else you want every night just talk to the head waiter and they can normally have it for you the next night.

I'll be travelling with friends and one is British. I heard about the Pub Fare lunch one day in a Speciality Restaurant. Do you know if they do this on the Coral? We'll be sailing from Whittier to Vancover. I'd love to tell him he can get his Bangers & Mash :)

Remember when the shrimp was the size of lobsters and were placed around the outside of the glass

Yep ... what passes for a shrimp cocktail today is a poor excuse. If it were served to you in a restaurant, you'd send it back. The shrimp are puny ... and having been frozen, are pretty soggy, as well. On the other hand, we always find something great to order as an appetizer, and have been served escargot several times ... all we had to do was ask our headwaiter.

I'll be travelling with friends and one is British. I heard about the Pub Fare lunch one day in a Speciality Restaurant. Do you know if they do this on the Coral? We'll be sailing from Whittier to Vancover. I'd love to tell him he can get his Bangers & Mash :)

Yes they do have the Pub Lunch - usually in the Wheelhouse bar (if my memory serves me correctly) they don't have it every day but they will announce it in the Princess Patters. We didn't partake as that is what we were brought up on as part of a weekly diet when we were young.... once in a while though would be ok I suppose.

Yes. I believe this is on the Coral, on sea days. We had it on the Crown last September and the Sapphire last month.

I often have the shrimp cocktail as an appetizer. On the Sapphire last month, they were bigger than I'd seen before. I also ask for extra cocktail sauce on the side. They tend to put a little sauce over the tails which makes it messy to take off the tails and then you're left with just a little sauce.

I have read somewhere that there is some pasta dish that is offered every night but not on the menu. Does anyone know if Princess still offers this? What is it called? I think I read that is served in a cheese bowl.

I have read somewhere that there is some pasta dish that is offered every night but not on the menu. Does anyone know if Princess still offers this? What is it called? I think I read that is served in a cheese bowl.
Fettucini Alfredo is on the "Always Available" side of the menu. It's served in a cheese bowl. You can order it as an appetizer, side dish with your entree or as your entree.

The same thing would apply to their Black & Blue french onion soup and escargot. You could have these every night if you wanted to - simply tell the head waiter.

Is this just for traditional dining or can anytime dining make a special request? For example if I have anytime dining can I request escargot that night or request I have it the following night?

You can request escargot for the following night in anytime dining as well. Just speak to a head waiter.

The black and blue soup is like French onion soup except with blue cheese and a splash of Jack Daniels. Yuck to me, but some people love it.

Berries aren't listed on the "always available" side of the menu, but they are usually available.

The caveat always applies that they have to be carrying escargot for that run. If its not planned for any of the menus or functions they may only have limited quantities if at all..

Is this just for traditional dining or can anytime dining make a special request? For example if I have anytime dining can I request escargot that night or request I have it the following night?

At least ONE of the at sea days, (when they have the pub lunch), they will have Bangers and Mash . As a fan of this combination, I have enjoyed it every time. It is NOT Cumberland sausage, but it's pretty good. Probably more meat than filler, unlike true bangers, but your British friends should enjoy. They also have cottage or shepherds pie and fish and chips. The ploughman's platters are disappointing, however.

Fettucini Alfredo is on the "Always Available" side of the menu. It's served in a cheese bowl. You can order it as an appetizer, side dish with your entree or as your entree.

And, as I just discovered on my most recent cruise, you can order it as an entree with sliced chicken breasts on top! Delicious! :)

Archived