NCL Fans- what don't you like

gargoyle999

What I don't like about NCL is that they cut corners to keep the rates down instead of keeping things "special" and have people pay a few dollars more. My last cruise on NCL was in 2008 on the Pearl to Alaska. That was when Freestyle 2.0 was in full swing. Free champagne upon boarding, several free alternative dining establishments. Now I read it was done away with? That was a nice touch, and made the start of the cruise special. How much does NCL save per person for the one free glass of cheap champagne $1.50? Another thing that they did away with was the cruises to Bermuda that offered Dine Around. OMG that was the best thing ever. They did away with that also. And did I read they did away with the free cappacino after dinner? I certainly wouldn't extra for it, it wasn't that good, but it was a nice touch. NCL "invented" Freestyle, and those who have been here for years remember the ruckus it caused. lol now all of the other lines are copying them. NCL keep your brand from becoming second best, stop cutting corners. People love Freestyle and would rather pay a few dollars more if they receive a good value for the money.

how much do they save? probably less than a buck fifty but multiply that by 2000 or more and thent think about the other things that cost money. Everyone has his own idea on this, to me, keep the prices low and let me decide where I want to spend my money. It always amazed me how many people took the bubbly and just left it sitting, mayb 1/2 drank. What a waste!! As far as I know only one line offers the bubbly and normally that line is a little more pricey. Not always, but most of the time. You think people would rather pay a few extra dollars for a glass of bubbly, cap after dinner or a mint on your pillow, maybe not?

Nita

Well to me, cruising should have a little ambiance. Maybe it is only an illusion, but I like to pretend that taking a cruise is different than the real world. I like to spend at the speciality restaurants and I get that others don't. Cruise vacations especially are to get away from the reality of every day life. A nice glass of champagne or OJ, nobody forces anybody to take it, and a smile to start your cruise off right, along with the sweet dreams of candy on your pillow. When we get home we can dream of our bills and ills, etc., but a cruise should be a fantasy land. jmo. If it costs $5.00 pp, more per week, I would pay to have that fantasy.

BTW, love the idea of Le Bistro being no jeans. To me that is the NCL "special occasion" venue. And I love it.

Gotta say, glad you're not in charge.

For me, Le Bistro is where the French food is. Nothing more, nothing less.

To make it archaic, restrictive, and uptight would do nothing to improve its atmosphere.

I wore jeans to Le Bistro on the Spirit one night when I chose to dine alone. It happened that I knew almost everyone in the room, and Prem & the F & B director came over & chatted....to the extent that this wonderful group of people (old enough to be my parents?) invited me to join them for dessert because they loved my 'energy'.

LOL.

They didn't seem the least bit concerned about my jeans.

I agree with FishBait17 I too would like a more varied line of day activities. I think based on the NCL cruises I have taken it pretty much depends on your cruise director. I have been on NCL cruises that have had crafts, dance classes,enrichment classes and even an Irish theme for the week . I have also been on those who only have wii golf, bingo, early morning crosswords, the traditional drink sampling and seeing an ice scupture created.( other than the shows) Boring..... Again depending on the cruise director... the cruise staff may mingle thru out the trip making which makes the experience a bit warmer.

However on the with that being said, overall NCL has wonderful staff, they are warm, friendly and very helpful. Even when you run into them while in port they are just as wonderful. The food in the dining rooms is very good and there is plenty of it. The buffet after the 1st couple of days is gets a little tired. However the afternoon cookies are great..

especially the oatmeal !:) I love the finding the towel animals on my bed or hanging from my ceiling each nite..:)

Archived