Will Celebrity offer a new affinity credit card?

Hypo

We liked, and used, the Bank of America affinity credit card with Celebrity Cruise. Now that BOA has discontinued the affinity card, we wonder if Celebrity has any plans to offer a new affinity credit card program?

We would definitely be interested.

Hypo

I could be wrong, but I think Celebrity has little to nothing to do with this; I would imagine the last card and any future cards would be up to Bank of America rather than to Celebrity. It was not a Celebrity credit card. It was a Bank of America credit card that instead of giving cash back as a perk, gave perks/discounts/OBC towards a Celebrity cruise.

• 10 months later...
We have the old AMEX X card but it no longer is exclusive to X. Does X currently offer an affinity card?

Hi Cruisin-Family,

Celebrity does not currently offer one. I will ask Celebrity, and see if there are any plans to offer another card. If I hear anything, I will post on this thread.

since 90% of us have to fly to a cruise port and from it, I would consider seeing what airline serves those ports you anticipate going to or from in the future. Then select the airline that best meets your future needs.

Dont fall for the one card all airlnes, they have a different pay out schedule not very good compared to the 1 airlines card. I say this after 30 years of flying.

Living in Hawaii and traveling to South America ,Aisia, the Mainland and Europe United does the best job and saves me thousands of dollars every year ( $24,000 last year alone)

I avoid any other programs and concentrate on one card for everything from beans to gas.

since 90% of us have to fly to a cruise port and from it, I would consider seeing what airline serves those ports you anticipate going to or from in the future. Then select the airline that best meets your future needs.

Dont fall for the one card all airlnes, they have a different pay out schedule not very good compared to the 1 airlines card. I say this after 30 years of flying.

Living in Hawaii and traveling to South America ,Aisia, the Mainland and Europe United does the best job and saves me thousands of dollars every year ( $24,000 last year alone)

I avoid any other programs and concentrate on one card for everything from beans to gas.

Good advice, we have family in Austrailia and I travel often and am considering the United card...my quick math suggests that I could literally save thousands of dollars by using it for trips next year. I've used the Royal Caribbean affinity card in the past and had mostly favorable results...but I agree that some planning can provide significant benefits - THANKS!

if you get the united card, first you have to join milage plus. Then you get like 30,000 ua miles. then you get miles for everything.. and as long as you buy with the card you milles never expire. ! Just going to the store and gas station, paying our bills through the card earns my wife and I about 40000 miles a year, Thats without flying !!! you get double miles for United Purchase . We never use cash because every dollar charged is miles ( George Clooney, Up in the Air)

Guess what, they are now doing cruises too. I got 20,000 miles for 2 a 14 day cruises. + I charged with the united card for even more miles. so 38,000 miles for my cruise !! Thats free business class air from Hawaii to South america one way !!!:D

I should mention we pay off in full our card every month, automaticaly. so no debt. If you cant do that dont get the card.:o

I like Uniteds program because if you fly more than 25,000 miles ( easy to do for me in a year) you get free up grades to first class, free baggage, priority use of frequent flyer seats..... for you and who ever flys with you !! I will fly a UA flight over a cheaper one because the payoff is huge if your fully understand the massive savings in the long run

I caught on slow but I caught on good... and I never use my miles for free coach or domestic travel in any class. I save it for international travel.

Next year goung to South america Rt, free. in a bed, $ 6800 pp regular fare!!! with Miles $10.

Celeb was involved with the card & getting the points applied etc....in the end it was a struggle but we got most everything we were entitled to..just lucky timing. We really miss the card but now we get cash back on another bank card..

we still have the Royal BOA card but use it infrequently as we have no plans to cruise with them for now...too many big ships..

Hi Everyone,

I spoke with Celebrity today. They are looking into offering another branded card, but they could not share a timetable. Let's hope it happens in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who still have the (former Celebrity, now BOA Rewards) American Express card, BOA is offering 5X points (up to 2500 points) on qualifying travel purchases through March 31, 2012. Qualfying purchases are listed as the following categories: Airfare, Hotels, Travel Agencies, Car Rentals, and Cruises.

Register at www.bankofamerica.com/easyrewards or call 1-888-205-5781.

Archived