Sailaway at 10 PM, embarkation day

tropicalkerry2002

Just out of interest....when not sailing until 10 PM, may you still embark starting at 11AM, or might it be later?

Thanks!

I am not sure if I really understand your question.

You can always embark later, just not earlier (as long as it is at least 2 hrs before sailing time).

If I am wrong, I am sure someone will corect me.

Just out of interest....when not sailing until 10 PM, may you still embark starting at 11AM, or might it be later?

Thanks!

If you documents say you can embark at 11 am then no problem

We are in the cheap seats so have to wait but we have gotten on around 2 pm in some embarkation ports.

We could not board early in Amsterdam ( the suites did) & we sailed at midnight

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

just wondering if embarkation usually STARTS later than 11AM, if you aren't sailing till 10PM.

Our 2 previous cruises, we have sailed at 5PM, so embarkation started at 11 AM...maybe if not sailing till 10PM, you can't board as early.

Doesn't really matter, and I know I'll find out when I get my documents...just wondering....

you could board at 2 PM, though not sailing till midnight?

Thanks.

Marian

PS: enjoy your cruise!

Amsterdam they started boarding for the peons around 2:45 I recall sail away was closer to midnight as it was world cup night ..they HAD to see the end of the game

In L.A. (San Pedro) we saw people boarding around 2 pm but we had an agent's tour that day as well so very crowded sailing was 11:59pm ;)

I think is just depends on the port agents

I would think you can still board at 11 am unless the ship arrives late in the morning which is unusual

Only 20 days to go

Take care

Lyn

I had/still have the impression that Oceania policy was that with everyone on the prior cruise off the ship by 9 AM, the higher-priced cabin occupants could board at 11 AM and the rest at 3 PM, no matter when the sail-away, even if you had an overnight in the port of embarkation.

Of course, we only have the three-cruise experience so far and these were the boarding times for all three although all three sailed at different times (plus two had overnights in the port of embarkation.)

On our recent Oceania Regatta cruise out of Miami - they started boarding around 11AM starting with the suites and working down but all were being boarded by Noon.....that said - none of the rooms were available until around 1PM for the suites and later for the remaining. You were able to board late morning but you could not go to your cabin until mid afternoon. The Terrace Cafe was serving lunch and most of the public rooms were available to enjoy while waiting for your cabin.

Archived