Breakfast menu main dining room

ilandlvr

Well, she is simply wrong.

Your travel companion is incorrect.

Mwah HAH! She basically is an expert (or so she thinks) but she has nooooooo idea of how much I've stalked this forum for he past three months...I will have to try not to show off my superior knowledge of the amenities :-)

How long does it take to eat breakfast in the mdr and can you have whatever you want off the menu? It's looks very tasty!

You can take as long as you like. But normally, you can get a nice breakfast over the course of an hour -probably less than that. It is hard to say exactly because the experience is so pleasant that you can easily lose track of time.....

Mwah HAH! She basically is an expert (or so she thinks) but she has nooooooo idea of how much I've stalked this forum for he past three months...I will have to try not to show off my superior knowledge of the amenities :-)

I know what you mean :D My daughter is also an expert on everything. I have basically learned to look appreciatively at her, say Oh...and ignore most of what she has to say....;)

Do you have to pay for juice? This will be my first cruise with Princess and I'm still trying to sort through whats included and what isn't. Our last cruise was with Oceania and everything except alcohol was included...juice, canned pop, mocktails, specialty coffees...

Do you have to pay for juice? This will be my first cruise with Princess and I'm still trying to sort through whats included and what isn't. Our last cruise was with Oceania and everything except alcohol was included...juice, canned pop, mocktails, specialty coffees...
Juices are complementary in the dining room and buffet during breakfast. OJ is not fresh squeezed.

Is service relatively quick? On some cruises we've taken, breakfast in the MDR takes forever.

I found service is like in any restaurant. It will take longer than in the buffet. It also depends on what you order. One day my wife had 3 breakfasts-a bowl of oatmeal, a fruit plate and bacon, eggs and toast!

Obviously, that took a little more time:)

Is service relatively quick? On some cruises we've taken, breakfast in the MDR takes forever.

If you are in a hurry, ask for a table for 2 (or whatever the size of your party). If you let them seat you, they will fill a large table, and you will have to wait until it's full before you can order. When you're by yourselves, you can tell your waiter that you are in a hurry, and you will be out of there within 30 minutes.

Never knew that! Have only seen British bangers for BK at HC...never noticed British bacon there or in MD (and that was on a cruise out of Southampton.) Any Brits able to confirm this on other ships at other times? Full English/Scottish/Welsh Cooked Breakfast is one of life's blessings, although one's cardiologist might disagree.:p

OK, you’ve got me on this one! I know “American” bacon and I know “Canadian” bacon but I have never heard of “British” bacon. Would someone please describe it for me?:confused:

I've never thought about breakfast in the MDR. Can anyone have breakfast there? The scrambled eggs with asparagus sure sounds good; that sounds like something I'd fix at home some Sunday morning.

I've never thought about breakfast in the MDR. Can anyone have breakfast there? The scrambled eggs with asparagus sure sounds good; that sounds like something I'd fix at home some Sunday morning.

As far as I know, if you have a room on board there is nothing stopping you. Keep in mind that the MDR has specific hours for breakfast:at sea breakfast is usually between 7:30 and 9:30. On port days, it is from 7:00 to 9:00.

It is also open on disembark day typically from 6:00 to 8:30.

These are all typical times, the patters will have the exact times for your ship.

Try it sometime you might be quite pleased.

As far as I know, if you have a room on board there is nothing stopping you. Keep in mind that the MDR has specific hours for breakfast:at sea breakfast is usually between 7:30 and 9:30. On port days, it is from 7:00 to 9:00.

It is also open on disembark day typically from 6:00 to 8:30.

These are all typical times, the patters will have the exact times for your ship.

Try it sometime you might be quite pleased.

Thanks. The hours are certainly accommodating, I usually am up by 7, even on a cruise.

Archived