I feel like I hit the jackpot booking early

kruzerci

We booked our upcoming Freedom cruise while we were on the Majesty back in July, so it was almost 12 months out. I checked the pricing today, for the first time in months, and our cabin category has nearly doubled in price since we booked :D. We have never booked so far out before, but I guess sometimes it works out for the best (saving us over a thousand dollars) as well as giving us something to look forward to for a year!

I booked a B2B on the Freedom for this coming May when we were on the Enchantment in October. I keep watching the prices hoping for a drop, but am also now very glad I booked then. The price increase has not been as much as you describe, but it has done nothing but increase.

Unfortunately its an inexact science, nothing to guarantee history will repeat itself. Sometimes they go up, sometimes down, depends on the market, time of year and port(s). We booked our upcoming EOS trip about a year ago, it dropped through the floor a couple of months ago but has gone through the roof in recent weeks.

Best bet for us is to find a trip we are comfortable with about a year in advance, including price, book it and hope the price drops. Regardless, we would still go if the price held as it does give you something to look forward to. As nasty as this winter has been in the Northeast, we have had this cruise to look forward to, only 20 days to go.:D

most of our cruises have been booked 1-2 years out. I diligently check the prices just about each time I sign on to the computer. I will do the same with the air fares once I've booked it. I have had air credits waiting for me to use for another vacation. Southwest if great with that. We have had our cruise price drop nicely on some also. Now with the new pricing we will be entitled to onboard credits only ( I believe, this is how they are doing it now). Either way, it seems the early booking has worked best for us. Especially if you have a favorite cabin...and we do:D

Archived