DO YOU HATE DAYS AT SEA or IS IT JUST ME?

winncruiser

It's you! :)

Actually, I love sea days and I book cruises with more sea days than port days (though eventually I will book a Med cruise). I enjoy using the thermal grotto on sea days as well as spending time relaxing with a good book (ebook) on our balcony or near one of the pools. My wife and I also make sure to get a workout in on sea days either by walking on the track or using the equipment in the gym. I think for me, doing nothing but resting and relaxing or participating in numerous activities on the schedule for that day is a choice I enjoy having. On my recent Sapphire cruise, I was more relaxed than any cruise I have been on. Between the thermal grotto and resting and reading near the lotus spa pool, I have never been more relaxed.

For me, the ship is the destination!

IMO Sea Days are great, my wife and I play bridge, go to wine tasting, attend other things on the daily program, meet up with the friends that we have made.

If sea days bore you, then maybe cruising is not for you.

Just writing this reminds me of how good sea days are.:)

john

It's just you.

I don't need to be "entertained." I have my stack o' books brought on board to read, the sun and the pool if itinerary-applicable, and a never-ending supply of liquid refreshment appropriate to the time of day. Plus no telephone or email to respond to. It's perfection; what I imagine heaven would be like if God were Captain Stuebing.

I love the sea days as much as the port days. I rest up and take part in various activities such as trivia and catching up on movies I have missed. I enjoy the shows and meeting with CC members, lazing on the balcony and reading a good book or two, going on the internet and checking out the shops and watching the various demonstrations going on. I love the transatlantic cruises where you have 5 or 6 sea days in a row. It's amazing how quickly they pass.

They are my favorite time of the cruise.

Get to sleep in - no excursions we have to get to. No schedule to follow. Get to read the books I always planned to read but don't have time to at home. No emails to check and return (refuse to pay the prices for inet on board and my staff know that I will be incommunicado).

DH and I get to enjoy each other, spend quality time and generally relax together. Its a nice change from our regular life! ;)

I travel with a friend who gets antsy and stir-crazy after 3 days at sea whereas I'm perfectly happy with lots of sea days. I bring books (and have a Kindle with about 20 more in case I run out), go to movies I don't see at home, go to lectures, bring my knitting or needlepoint, etc. I never run out of things to amuse myself and don't feel I have to be entertained.

It's just you.

I don't need to be "entertained." I have my stack o' books brought on board to read, the sun and the pool if itinerary-applicable, and a never-ending supply of liquid refreshment appropriate to the time of day. Plus no telephone or email to respond to. It's perfection; what I imagine heaven would be like if God were Captain Stuebing.

I think the OP is outnumbered! We had more sea days than port days on my Hawaiian cruise and loved every one of them. My hubby brought his guitar and he found a little nook to play while I took part in as many trivia games as I could, as well as learned how to make leis and how to hula. Also got some reading done. And we watched a ton of movies. Hubby got away from his toxic job, which was probably the best thing he's done for himself lately.

For me, sea days are great! :D

It's so much more relaxing with nothing to get up early to do like days in port where you're restricted due to the schedule. The things I enjoy at sea may not be good for others but there are so many options that I haven't heard of many who say they're bored.

I enjoy listening to lectures, enjoyable food, catching up on movies & exercising. I'm not big into games but many enjoy them tremendously. And there's always the option to just enjoy the beauty of the ocean while reading a book. I learned to appreciate to beauty of the ocean even while working 12 hour days as an enlisted man on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier & eating off of tin trays...it's much more fun cruising. :D

Bottom line IMHO...there's plenty to do for nearly every passenger onboard...hopefully for the OP also.

We love sea Days and very pleased on a recent 10 day crusie that alloted us 4 wonderful sea days! What did we do?

• Slept in late
  • Enjoyed breakfast in the dining room
  • Went to the gym
  • Walked the track
  • Layed in the sun
  • Went for a swim
  • Back to the room
  • Went to Lunch
  • Took a dance class
  • Read a book
  • Went to a Lecture
  • Caught a movie
  • Learned how to make Martinis
  • Enjoyed our balcony
  • Took a cat nap
  • Shopped the ships store
  • Played a game of Bingo
  • Met some friends
  • Played Poker
  • Went to a Bar
  • Got a massage
  • Went on a cabin crawl
  • Had a slot pull
  • Went to a meet and greet

And this was only on one of the sea days! ;) We would consider a 7 day cruise to nowhere if it were a little cheaper than a a regular cruise! :D

HATE HATE HATE SEA DAYS!!!!!!

I love waking up in a new country everyday. I seek new adventure and seeing gods creation before I die. I do have fun on sea days but its NOT the same as port days to me which is why I travel in the first place.

Thank you all for your very kind responses...and yes, I love days at sea also and I LOVE cruises just as much as anyone. I was just asking what you do on your days "off".. RDSGRL..I am fine with cruises and appreciate your response.

Huh? In your first post you say that you "hate" sea days.

As for me, I love sea days. My last cruise had eight of them and I wish there were more! I like to sleep in, do some reading, exercise, socialize with others on the ship, relax on my balcony, have a couple martinis, have a lengthy dinner, and attend some of the ship's activities.

I enjoy seadays in warm climes where I can sit out on a lounger, listen to the Ipod, read, go for a dip when I get too warm....but once we get beyond 3 days...like going to Hawaii in mixed weather...well it starts to grow a bit thin.

Concur.

Amen!

This is why we picked the port intensive Carnival Victory for our 2nd cruise. Every morning we woke up in a new port and we loved it.

Now we have to decide between the Ruby and Emerald for our first Princess cruise it's not an easy decision.

I get so bored on days at sea....what do you do to stay entertained?

Never been bored at sea.

Actually, the more sea days, the better for me. That's why I cruise....

I'm not much interested in ports. There are a few islands I like to run off and get lunch at a favorite place..or meet friends who live there. But, basically, I am shipbound on purpose.

Reading is my favorite thing to do....being an avid reader, there is never too much time for that activity.

I like some of the trivia, have afternoon tea, take a nap but the thing I enjoy the most is sitting on my balcony simply watching the sea....

Archived