Past Guest Rate - for Princess Customers

bankerbabe

If I remember correctly, passengers that have previously sailed with Princess cruises (or any other cruise line under the Carnival umbrella) are eligible for past guest rates.

Am I remembering correctly?

I ask because some friends of ours that are sailing with us are past guests of Princess and, if my thinking is correct, they are eligible for a small price drop under the past guest rate. (Yes, they are booked Early Saver.)

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Have a great day!

You do not get past guest status onboard, but you can book at a past guest rate. I would have their TA call Carnival and ask how to establish this. I have never tried to transfer past guest rate TO Carnival, but I know after my 2007 Carnival cruise, I suddenly had a Mariner Society number with HAL. EM

My understanding is...

You can book the Past Guest rate, but you aren't entitled to the Past Guest stuff like the party & such.

That was my understanding as well. Although my "understanding" has been known to be a little off from time to time. :)

That was my understanding as well. Although my "understanding" has been known to be a little off from time to time. :)

Same here. :o

I'll be doing a Princess cruise to Alaska in 2012, so I assume the same applies there, past guest rate (if offered)for prior Carnival cruiser. :confused:

If I remember correctly, passengers that have previously sailed with Princess cruises (or any other cruise line under the Carnival umbrella) are eligible for past guest rates.

I ask because some friends of ours that are sailing with us are past guests of Princess and, if my thinking is correct, they are eligible for a small price drop under the past guest rate. (Yes, they are booked Early Saver.)

Have a great day!

I sailed with princess in 2008 and booked a trip with friends for a first cruise on Carnival in 2009. When I inquired about a past guest rate, they gave me it for sailing on Princess...when I boarded carnival my sign and sail card was still blue representing a first time cruise on Carnival ..so I didnt get any perks or credit for sailing with Princess..just the lower booking rate.....

Our upcoming cruise was booked with Past Guest rates because we cruised with Princess in 2003. Our TA had to call Princess to retrieve the necessary information but, in the end, we did qualify for Past Guest rates with Carnival. BTW, I have CC to thank for that because I read it on here somewhere before we booked....for us, it was an extra $200 off on two cabins!!

I am not expecting any other perks on-board, but will certainly report back here after our cruise if we did.

If you are booking directly with Carnival, I would give Princess a call first.

Have a great day!

For what its worth, my understanding is the same as yours!!!!

Seems some disagree, but Im wondering if they are basing it on actually trying it or not.

So booking a Princess cruise will not count towards my count with Carnival on my quest to Platnium?

No it will not count. You cannot use cruises from sister lines towards Platnium. You are elegible for past guest rates. I got them on Princess because of previous Carnival cruises but did not receive any perks as a past guest (like Past Guest Party, etc.).

I sailed on Holland America and was able to use my Past Guest on Carnival on that HAL cruise for pricing so I'd say just to make sure, ask. You can call the line to make sure. In our case it saved us a bit of money.

We used that with the initial booking though. Not sure how it works if one has already booked a cruise. Either way they should probably call to see if it can be done in their personal situation. Good luck!

This is what I received from Carnival recently when I asked how I could get the past guest savings when booking online from their website when I had only cruised on Princess previously.

"

.. Any guest that ever sailed on any of the WLCL brands is qualified to benefit from the "VIP Program".

.. The "VIP Program" only provides for cruise fare savings - amenities are excluded. For example: If a WLCL line is offering their past guests a discount on their cruise fare along with amenities on board, such as ship board credits, free shore excursions, red carpet check-in, alumni baggage tags, alumni cocktail parties or any other benefits, activities or alumni recognition, the "VIP Program" will only provide for the currently applicable cruise fare savings that any line is offering to their past guests.

.. Proof of prior WLCL cruise: In order for the rates to be adjusted, the travel agent/guest must submit a letter at time of deposit with the booking information (booking #, names, ship, sail date, cabin #, promo fare code) along with ONE type of proof (see types of proof below you can suggest) of the previous WLCL cruise

Forms of Proof: final payment receipt; copy of cruise document; boarding pass; shipboard account card; ship photo. "

I specifically called and asked about getting a past guest rate (would have saved us a bundle!) since we have sailed Princess 6X and this is our first time on Carnival. I was given a very firm "NO". Now that we are paid in full and our cabin category has been sold out, I'm guessing there is no chance. Kind of puts a damper on the trip, though :(

I specifically called and asked about getting a past guest rate (would have saved us a bundle!) since we have sailed Princess 6X and this is our first time on Carnival. I was given a very firm "NO". Now that we are paid in full and our cabin category has been sold out, I'm guessing there is no chance. Kind of puts a damper on the trip, though :(

Who gave you the wrong info? Was this Carnival or a TA?

Yes you qualify for the past guest rate when you book the cruise......that's it. We received past guest rate on Princess because we were past guests on Carnival.

this is great news...as I will be booking Princess as soon as I get back from my NCL cruise...it would have been CCL again for that cruise...but they do not go year round out of NYC...seems to me that NCL is not having any trouble filling 2 ships each week out of NYC....:confused:

no..you just didn't follow the tried and true rule of....making 3 calls about each and every single thing you want to know about...usually..now I said usually...at least 2 of those 3 reps on the phone will be in agreement...at which point you get a confirmation number from them to refer back to when they don't give you what they promised they would give you...got it?:D

Archived