Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

When I wear a cocktail dress Tom will usually wear a nice Hawaiian shirt or one of his dress Guyabera (sp) shirts and if I have on a really fancy cocktail dress he will wear a shirt and tie or his Linen suit. When I am formal he is formal. He used to wear his Tux but it has gotten to small for him so now he just wears an black suit.

Does that help?

Have a great evening,

Gerry

Actually it does. DH really doesn't mind wearing a sport coat and tie. And I think for the specialty restaurants that is appropriate. He is definitely old school, so likes to be dressed.

Can I ask? If he wears a tux, do I have to wear a long gown? I am not comfortable in long gowns. Maybe it was the fit. But I really like my short cocktail dresses.

I have just about broken all the rules of packing. We leave this Sat. for our cruise and I just started to get things together. I am winging it this time. We did not know until yesterday if we would be going on the cruise. It all depended on my DH's Dr. I did not want to have to pack and then unpack. But we are going!! I still have to hem a jumper that I made! My plan is to be done by Thur. night.

Actually it does. DH really doesn't mind wearing a sport coat and tie. And I think for the specialty restaurants that is appropriate. He is definitely old school, so likes to be dressed.

Can I ask? If he wears a tux, do I have to wear a long gown? I am not comfortable in long gowns. Maybe it was the fit. But I really like my short cocktail dresses.

I don't know if there is a written rule that you have to wear a long gown when he wears a tux or not but I always wear a long super fancy gown when he would wear his tux. Since he gained weight and can't wear it right now doesn't really matter to me I still wear the gowns I want and most of them are really fancy. (but that is just me) Maybe one of the other ladies on here can give you more or better advice.

geocruiser, have a great time on your cruise. Don't stress too much on your clothing, one thing I have noticed is that most CCF's are well dressed even when they don't do a lot of preplanning because we are just made that way.;)

Have a great day

Gerry

All this talk about tuxes and long gowns/cocktail dresses warms my heart:). It just proves that we care about appearances. And the fact that some of you (and sometimes, I...) wear dress-up outfits even on casual nights reinforces the belief that good taste is alive and well. A friend once said, "There's nothing wrong with being best dressed."

When I see a couple onboard who are "dressed up" on a casual night, I think, "Don't they look great! Maybe they had dinner at a specialty restaurant...or they just love dressing up."

Not exactly the same line of thinking when a couple in wrinkled t-shirts (probably w/ some questionable printing) and ripped jeans are walking around the MDR...

geocruiser: Have a WONDERFUL cruise:cool:. You have packed several times and can easily put outfits together quickly. I'm envious and look forward to post-cruise postings!

Edited by indiana71

Finally, I got some to upload. Sorry they are the small pictures but I have been trying for a week to get them on here in the bigger sizes and I just can't figure it out.

My question is should I wear black shoes and carry black clutch or should I wear gold shoes and a gold clutch? Or any other ideas. When you look at the ones with me in the dress please don't look too close I only have a slip on under it and still need all the spanx and stuff to go with it.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Gerry

954382645_MyDress1(1).jpg.32ff4564782eb6d06e1f397f43971de5.jpg

2098717289_MyDress1(2).jpg.482124edf527c208833d751933103c2b.jpg

839001915_MyNewDress(2).jpg.57f2554efff1dd2262d4330b76e6a68a.jpg

1408189088_MyNewDress(1).jpg.2bbd4b8600e5db7b6bee317c7680f916.jpg

Edited by TNGALOHA

You are right! Us fashonists have plenty to wear in our closets. I did make four thing to take with me. As soon as I can learn to post pictures and use my windows 8 computer I will post. Thanks for keeping me grounded with the packing. In the AM we are off!

Finally, I got some to upload. Sorry they are the small pictures but I have been trying for a week to get them on here in the bigger sizes and I just can't figure it out.

My question is should I wear black shoes and carry black clutch or should I wear gold shoes and a gold clutch? Or any other ideas. When you look at the ones with me in the dress please don't look too close I only have a slip on under it and still need all the spanx and stuff to go with it.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Gerry

I love your dress!!! can you tell me where you got it from?

I love your dress!!! can you tell me where you got it from?

Thank you, I got my dress from Twilight Dress Company. They are thru AliExpress. The dress is custom made and they did a beautiful job on it. I just love it and feel so good in it. I have been working on making the jewelry to go with it today. I made a necklace that has Pearls and crystals in the front and then 2 stings of gold chain and 2 strings of the pearls and crystals in the back. When I finish it I will post a picture on here of it.

Have a great weekend,

Gerry

The first and 3rd picture are the front of the necklace and the 2nd is of the back. My dress is partially backless and I thought this would look nice on it.

Have a great weekend

Gerry

Great look with that dress!

You mentioned having trouble putting up full sized pictures. Are you using a hosting site like flicr or photobucket?

Great look with that dress!

You mentioned having trouble putting up full sized pictures. Are you using a hosting site like flicr or photobucket?

Scrapnana, first off I love that name. You must be a fellow scrap booker.

Thanks you for the help on my necklace.

To answer your question, I have tried to use Shutterfly but I always get the message the it has failed when I tried to up load on here. And when I copy and paste it won't paste on here. So I just give up and do it with small pictures.

Hope everyone has a great weekend,

Gerry

Scrapnana, first off I love that name. You must be a fellow scrap booker.

Thanks you for the help on my necklace.

To answer your question, I have tried to use Shutterfly but I always get the message the it has failed when I tried to up load on here. And when I copy and paste it won't paste on here. So I just give up and do it with small pictures.

Hope everyone has a great weekend,

Gerry

Yes, I am a scrapbooker (with more stuff than I can probably every use:o).

I have not used Shutterfly but see if there is some place that you can get the URL of the picture you want to put on CC. Then use the icon at the top of the reply box that looks like mountain in a box (I have no idea what it really is supposed to be) but will say "insert image" when you put your cursor over it. Right click over the highlighted "http" and paste. Your picture will show up in your reply. Maybe someone who uses shutterly will be able to give you more help there.

Kathi

Kathi,

You sound like me. One entire shelving unit in my "craft" room is full of scrapbooking paper, scissors, stencils, stamps, embellishment and anything else scrapbooking. My daughter, in Cheyenne, was a Creative Memories consultant, until they reorganized, and of course mom was always called on when she needed a boost in sales. So I now have enough to start my own business.:eek:

With helping out raising my 2 granddaughters here in Yuma and doing my jewelry, I really don't have the time to scrapbook like I would like so the stuff just sits and collects dust. One of these days I am going to box it up and take it to my daughter in Cheyenne and surprise her with it.

Last Thurs Tom came home and said if you can find a short cruise cheap we will go on it. Well, I got to looking at all my cruise emails and lo and behold I found a 3 nighter out of San Pedro Ca for $159 each and we now have a cruise booked for Oct. 4th.:cool: I guess that will teach him to tell me to find one and we will go.:D

Later I try to post a picture the way you said Kathi and see if it works.

Have a great weekend,

It is 103 here so I am going in the pool.

Gerry

Gerry,

That is a beautiful necklace you've created. I have one question, though. What prevents the weight of the back side of the necklace from pulling it down farther and "choking" you in the front? Do you have some method to ensure it lays where you want it to? I have used tape on my back under clothes to make a longer necklace hit in the front just exactly where it looks best with the garment neckline, but I do not see how that would work with your dress. Just trying to figure out the mechanics here. :confused: Betty

Betty,

There are S hooks where the front strand and the 4 back strands are put together and those will slide into the small clear loops I have put on the opening of the dress at the shoulders. I will take a picture of the dress with the necklace connected later today.

Hopefully that helped you with the mechanics.:)

You must be a fellow beader. I absolutely love working with beads, it is so relaxing and you can get so completely lost in what you are doing.

Have a great day,

Gerry

Gerry

I try but what turns out is never what I had in my mind. I have made a few wearable pieces. I do more loom beading for native regalia than actual jewelry making. Although my eyes and wearing progressives has slowed that down a lot too. I just love beads the feel in my hands, the natural stones and variations in the colors, etc. I can spend large amounts of time looking and handling the beads in the craft stores when I get the chance. I guess its along the same lines as having to run my hands over every bit of fabric in the fabric department. Looking is never enough, I have to touch. I just wondered, as I could picture the added weight in the back and could almost feel the line across my neck!:D How clever of you to add those loops and s-hooks to hold the necklace in place!

Now back to the previously scheduled discussion......

Edited by betty em
add comment