Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Kim, I was in Marshalls today and they have ZigiSoho and Zigigirl for circa $30:eek:

I managed to escape without buying any (OK they didn't have my size), but I found a nice pair of those ankle shoe/boots with a four inch heel and glittery toe cap!

I need to go check that out! Have you ever had the beading cone off any of yours? I emailed the company yesterday about mine but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm afraid the whole strap will be naked if it keeps unraveling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to go check that out! Have you ever had the beading cone off any of yours? I emailed the company yesterday about mine but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm afraid the whole strap will be naked if it keeps unraveling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not so far Kim and I have quite a few pairs as you know. My UK Curt Geiger ones that started this chat off did have some beads come off after about two years but I got good use out of them and actually glued some other beads back on those.

Touch wood my Zigis are all going strong. They should replace yours as you have not had them that long. You could always try taking them back to where you bought them?

Since I'll be at the Lake House a couple days, it should be safe to say that the First Month of No Clothes Buying will be successful:).

The hardest time will be in October when we're in Minneapolis. Usually DDL plans shopping time at Mall of America:rolleyes:. If I see something that calls my name...I WILL buy and plead special dispensation;).

Three weeks until The Packing Process begins. I'm SO looking forward to time in the Cruise Room:cool:. Seeing TNGALOHA's dress and reading about shoes, etc. is making me anxious to pull out the fun tropical clothes!

70% of women purchase at least 1 new skin care product each month

$43 - the amount a woman spends on beauty products per shopping trip

34% of women buy beauty products exclusively from drug stores

I easily fall into that 70% group, but not as often spend $43 (only when my foundation needs replaced), and I buy from drug stores, but not exclusively.

Do these statistics show that with new products being introduced all the time, we are always searching for "the perfect" foundation, mascara, lipstick, etc.?

My confidence level for buying clothes is much higher than trying to choose cosmetics. It's easy to try something on, check the quality, read the label for care and fabric...but cosmetics need more time IMHO. What sounds good in an ad, doesn't always work in practice.

And then when a new cosmetic finds it's way to my vanity, it must prove itself before I take it on a cruise. There are a couple products that I've used for years and have no reason to look for replacements...but others (i.e., lipstick) that I have no loyalty to.

How about you? Do you change your makeup routine (More or Less?) when cruising? Do you take a new product?

How do you compare to the stats above?

We're getting ready for an autumn trip to Minneapolis to see DS & family. I'm packing, but none of the Cruise clothes are involved. They must be wondering what's going on;).

When we return, I'll be so-o-o ready to start The Process:cool:.

BTW - looking @ Pinterest, I saw suggestions for packing jewelry. Wow, thought I was so creative for using Days of the Week pill containers...but there it was - along with another idea I had - using a hard glasses case for my watches. Pinterest could take up a serious amount of time....so much good info!

We're getting ready for an autumn trip to Minneapolis to see DS & family. I'm packing, but none of the Cruise clothes are involved. They must be wondering what's going on;).

BTW - looking @ Pinterest, I saw suggestions for packing jewelry. Wow, thought I was so creative for using Days of the Week pill containers...but there it was - along with another idea I had - using a hard glasses case for my watches. Pinterest could take up a serious amount of time....so much good info!

Careful Indiana Pinterest is addictive!! I started out just looking and ended up with a ton of boards.

Gerry

Enjoy your trip to Minneapolis. You better talk to your cruise clothes and let them know that you will miss them!

• 2 weeks later...

Returned from Minneapolis Tuesday and went to the lake house Thursday! No shopping!! The weather was autumn-perfect. We had delicious food (proven by a couple nasty extra pounds to be shed in the next couple weeks:eek:).

My hair stylist did a great job again! DH laughed and said this is the longest I've stayed with the same stylist;). The blonde shade was a bit too blonde for me so she added some low lights and now the color is just right. And the cut! She cuts the back while it's wet, and dried the rest before snipping. IMHO - genius!

The very first step in The Process has been taken...I covered the Cruise Room bedspread (chenille) with a quilt. Lesson learned after dark shorts were covered in lint while packing for the Last Cruise:eek:.

Indiana,

I can't believe it's almost been a year since your December 2012 cruise! I remember that you had a great cashmere sweater/capri pant outfit (right?) selected for your embarkation day and that the weather that day was VERY warm. Time flies!

What a wonderful fall we have had in the Northeast. Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues.

I am in the throes of debating where to go with our family for DD's h.s. graduation trip. Stressing out about options for Med cruises. Nothing is quite right for our timeframe. Had started to consider an Oceania cruise (a bit pricey but great itinerary), but when I heard today on CC that there are no formal nights, I knew that one was out. Family loves to dress up (or at least all but DH do!). Funny how clothing can influence your cruise choices!!

lovestx: What a good memory you have! Recalling what I wore for SailAway last Decembericon14.gif. You're right! Weather was quite mild - no coat needed:cool:.

Clothing styles definitely would influence our cruise choice, too. Since we have only been on RCI, we know what is appropriate and love the formal nights.

With so-o-o many itinerary options, it's hard to believe that one can't be found to fit the calendar. I looked for an autumn cruise that would fit in to DH's busy sports announcing schedule - just like lovestx, nothing worked. Not a serious disappointment...since our next cruise is just over 6 weeks away!!

Right now (as leaves are falling quicker than we can rake!), I'm daydreaming about our private cabana on Labadee...no concerns about finding a good lounger...beverages brought to us...a separate picnic buffet for cabana-ites...several books on my kindle...ahhhhhhhh.....

lovestx: What a good memory you have! Recalling what I wore for SailAway last Decembericon14.gif. You're right! Weather was quite mild - no coat needed:cool:.

Clothing styles definitely would influence our cruise choice, too. Since we have only been on RCI, we know what is appropriate and love the formal nights.

With so-o-o many itinerary options, it's hard to believe that one can't be found to fit the calendar. I looked for an autumn cruise that would fit in to DH's busy sports announcing schedule - just like lovestx, nothing worked. Not a serious disappointment...since our next cruise is just over 6 weeks away!!

Right now (as leaves are falling quicker than we can rake!), I'm daydreaming about our private cabana on Labadee...no concerns about finding a good lounger...beverages brought to us...a separate picnic buffet for cabana-ites...several books on my kindle...ahhhhhhhh.....

The private cabana sounds like heaven. I guess it is easier to know how to dress if you are sailing the same cruise. I been on 16 different cruise line over the years and most of the dress has been about the same from one line to another (at about the same year). But, there has been a change from being very formal (back in the 70's) to a little less formal now. I can remember on non formal nights the men wore a dark suit or a white dinner jacket. I had either a gown or a fancy dress each night. I can also remember sailing on Home Lines S.S. Oceanic and them not wanting women to wear shorts while in port. They asked you to wear a sun dress (not low cut) while in port.

Hi Ladies. I was wondering if you all would help me. I love this thread and think you all have great taste. I purchased this red dress for my Dec cruise. I have these 3 pair of shoes. Which pair would look the best?

I am not good with picking out shoes and jewelry. PLEASE HELP!! Sorry about pics. I don't know how to fix.

IMG_8400.jpg.a37c79aa29e6372893eefa7d89a5eeb0.jpg

IMG_8401.jpg.17a573f5f5f3dfabaabb05ad5b014371.jpg

IMG_8402.jpg.1456556930106f257f0022502ea043d4.jpg

Edited by footballbabe3

Hi Ladies. I was wondering if you all would help me. I love this thread and think you all have great taste. I purchased this red dress for my Dec cruise. I have these 3 pair of shoes. Which pair would look the best?

I am not good with picking out shoes and jewelry. PLEASE HELP!! Sorry about pics. I don't know how to fix.

I love the color of that red/burgundy dress. Really pretty!

I would chose the silver sandals first and then the black. The bone shoes are out in my opinion.

Silver!!!!!

I agree with the silver depending on what color bag you have. If you have a black clutch you could wear the black shoes with very sheer black hose. The silver is the best choice but also the dressiest choice. IMHO