Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Hi, not sure why your pictures are being deleted:eek:....nothing wrong

with posting them. I love purple too and is the 2nd picture a top

that zips in the back? If so, I have one that looks like it as well:D...zips about 3 inches

from the collar down....no need to zip/unzip LOL...just pop over your

head. I love that top:)

I was able to open the pictures from the quote in your post.

The tops are nice. I like both of them.

PS I just went back to sunnydaygirl post and was able to click on the little pictures to make them larger. May she fix it?

Edited by geocruiser

Sunnydaygirl: Love the photos! What a great idea for sundresses! Will keep that in mind next visit to a consignment shop:).

Here I go again - wasn't liking hair in my face and the time to dry/flat iron...so took a picture of a short do to my hair stylist...and I'm back to short hair:rolleyes:. It was a really difficult choice since the bob was well suited to my face shape. DH will take a photo before we leave for his Class Reunion...consignment shop dress, necklace & earrings...and new hair cut...(BTW - DH said he liked the hair...especially if it stops the complaining about the former look...)

Could I ask something on this thread?

I am new to cruising - we have one booked way ahead but I want to start thinking and planning! We are doing Seabourn with hot temperatures.

I have no idea on this question... bikini versus swimsuit. Could I explain, we have a home in the Med we go to in hot temps and I wouldn't dream of wearing a swimsuit, only a bikini . Is it not the done thing to wear a bikini either on board or beach wise, does everyone wear a one piece swimsuit?

I don't want to feel out of place...

Thank you in advance, I thought it best to come onto the fashion and beauty section of the forum, as opposed to the Seabourn section. ;)

I am new to cruising - we have one booked way ahead but I want to start thinking and planning! We are doing Seabourn with hot temperatures.

I have no idea on this question... bikini versus swimsuit. Could I explain, we have a home in the Med we go to in hot temps and I wouldn't dream of wearing a swimsuit, only a bikini . Is it not the done thing to wear a bikini either on board or beach wise, does everyone wear a one piece swimsuit?

Thank you in advance, I thought it best to come onto the fashion and beauty section of the forum, as opposed to the Seabourn section. ;)

Hi,:) you will see all sorts of bathing suits.....from bikinis to one piece

styles. I have never sailed Seabourn but my sister has..the demographic

is what I consider older...and I am 56;)...I do know Seabourn is

considered a luxury line...would love to try them one day but their

$$$ are out of my league. Anyway, the ships are much smaller than

Mass Market lines...I am guessing you will probably see women in

bikini's as well as one piece suits though.

There are all different styles of swimsuits.....one piece, 2 piece,

bikinis. thankinis, swimdresss...

A bikini is a swimsuit....so when you say you would not dream of

wearing a swimsuit? I think we have a language difference;)

I'm completely stumped as to why most pics of mine are being deleted. They are taken by an iPhone. I suppose they could be corrupted somehow. I see the sundress post is still there.

I've decided to keep both tops. The one actually has brown in it and do have brown pants for fall. Ha, although I think we're skipping fall and going right into winter.

Will finally start trying on tomorrow. With a bike ride with my husband. Skipped a couple of riding days but will ride till I fly!!!!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

The last few days have been so-o-o busy...DHs Class Reunion and a trip to Minneapolis coming up. I always plan an activity with the grandkids and Wow! This trip is coming quickly and no idea what to do. But Wait! We're going on a Family Cruise next June...that's a good theme:cool::)! Kids will be "Tour Directors" and we will "explore" the 4 Ports of Call then serve a Picnic Lunch (as done on Labadee).

With the Plan in place, I can move on to checking Threads:).

First - the 50th Class Reunion was fun. Nice to see that those attending were in good health, dressed attractively (no "old lady" dresses;)). My consignment dress, necklace and earrings fit in perfectly.

I really like my Timex watches with different colored leather bands. The green one was a good match, and the yellow shoes were DHs choice. BTW - none of the women attending had platform or heels over 3 inches (the only concession to getting older;)!)

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6653%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E27883%3B9%3A%3B%3B244ot1lsi

I have been on 2 Seabourn cruises now (in both the Med and Carribean) and have seen all sorts of women in all sorts of swimwear. If you feel comfortable in a bikini then by all means, wear it! The guests on board tend to skew "older", but age and body type/how one looks in less clothing are not necessarily the same thing.

You will love your Seabourn cruise. I think they are overall the best line out there! Oh, and PS, don't judge the majority of the people you will meet onboard by the minority of the folks on the Seabourn CC board. (Let's just say you asked your question to the less judgmental fashion folks) :p

The last few days have been so-o-o busy...DHs Class Reunion and a trip to Minneapolis coming up. I always plan an activity with the grandkids and Wow! This trip is coming quickly and no idea what to do. But Wait! We're going on a Family Cruise next June...that's a good theme:cool::)! Kids will be "Tour Directors" and we will "explore" the 4 Ports of Call then serve a Picnic Lunch (as done on Labadee).

First - the 50th Class Reunion was fun. Nice to see that those attending were in good health, dressed attractively (no "old lady" dresses;)). My consignment dress, necklace and earrings fit in perfectly.

I really like my Timex watches with different colored leather bands. The green one was a good match, and the yellow shoes were DHs choice. BTW - none of the women attending had platform or heels over 3 inches (the only concession to getting older;)!)

Great outfit! Has it been on a cruise yet? It looks perfect for a warm evening onboard.

Edited by Scrapnana

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6653%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E27883%3B9%3A%3B%3B244ot1lsi

Love, love the dress. I am a big fan of flowers and the color yellow. It looks wonderful on you.

Wow, it fits like it was made for you. Awesome pattern. Looks "cruise worthy" for later. Double duty item.

I have been on 2 Seabourn cruises now (in both the Med and Carribean) and have seen all sorts of women in all sorts of swimwear. If you feel comfortable in a bikini then by all means, wear it! The guests on board tend to skew "older", but age and body type/how one looks in less clothing are not necessarily the same thing.

You will love your Seabourn cruise. I think they are overall the best line out there! Oh, and PS, don't judge the majority of the people you will meet onboard by the minority of the folks on the Seabourn CC board. (Let's just say you asked your question to the less judgmental fashion folks) :p

Thank you Chefchick. :) I think I will take both one piece swimsuit and bikinis too (even though I'm not young!) I've got plenty of time for all of this but I've always like the anticipation and planning a holiday!

Hi:)...I would love to try Seabourn one day. I remember when my sister

came home she said the food was some of the best she had ever eaten,

on land or sea, anywhere. I know the ships are small so the galley

can really cook to order.

Thanks for all the positive comments! Love it when a consignment shop rack has just what I NEED...even when I didn't know I needed it;);)!

Anyone who has the self-confidence to wear a bikini - should!! Cruise ships are full of different cultures with different fashion sense. Clothes should be chosen because you are comfortable wearing them.

Could I just ask... as far as a hot weather cruise to Asia on Seabourn and my husband taking what I call a DJ (a tuxedo?), would that be a black jacket? I just wondered with it being a hotter climate whether most men wore a white/cream jacket, or if black is fine (do hope so, as he has that!)

Thanks in advance. I might have quite a few fashion questions coming up! :)

Could I just ask... as far as a hot weather cruise to Asia on Seabourn and my husband taking what I call a DJ (a tuxedo?), would that be a black jacket? I just wondered with it being a hotter climate whether most men wore a white/cream jacket, or if black is fine (do hope so, as he has that!)

Thanks in advance. I might have quite a few fashion questions coming up! :)

Well, I am no Seabourn expert (yet :p) but I was pleasantly surprised at the caliber of dress onboard both voyages. Almost all women and men dressed according to the stated dress code each night and really stepped it up on formal nights. Now, the majority of men (especially in the Carribean) wore dark suits as opposed to tuxedos, but I saw those as well. I didn't see a white dinner jacket, per say, but I think it would be VERY appropriate and downright sexy (very James Bond). In other words, I don't think you can overdress on a Seabourn cruise. It's an upmarket experience, but with very down to earth passengers. Have fun with your fashion and enjoy!

I look longingly into the Cruise Room. We're almost under 100 days. It's too soon, I know...perhaps after Labor Day, Outfit Selection could begin. DH chuckles when he sees all the potential clothes & accessories coming out of closets and drawers, (especially when we're WEEKs/MONTHs away):rolleyes:.

It's warm & humid today - much like the Caribbean:cool:. Maybe I will check to be sure all items are organized: By Color, By Style...just to be ready when the serious Process begins...

Well, I am no Seabourn expert (yet :p) but I was pleasantly surprised at the caliber of dress onboard both voyages. Almost all women and men dressed according to the stated dress code each night and really stepped it up on formal nights. Now, the majority of men (especially in the Carribean) wore dark suits as opposed to tuxedos, but I saw those as well. I didn't see a white dinner jacket, per say, but I think it would be VERY appropriate and downright sexy (very James Bond). In other words, I don't think you can overdress on a Seabourn cruise. It's an upmarket experience, but with very down to earth passengers. Have fun with your fashion and enjoy!

Thank you, that's very reassuring (especially as I like any chance to dress up!) :)

How very cool is it to dress up smartly at dinner on a cruise ship. Light colored, lightweight jackets are perfect in the Caribbean or South Pacific. If a white dinner jacket is selected may I suggest that you not order anything with marinara sauce. Seriously, show some class and good taste on formal nights or just because you want to on other nights. :)

I look longingly into the Cruise Room. We're almost under 100 days. It's too soon, I know...perhaps after Labor Day, Outfit Selection could begin. DH chuckles when he sees all the potential clothes & accessories coming out of closets and drawers, (especially when we're WEEKs/MONTHs away):rolleyes:.

It's warm & humid today - much like the Caribbean:cool:. Maybe I will check to be sure all items are organized: By Color, By Style...just to be ready when the serious Process begins...

I totally get it. We are at 60 days (yay!) and I am pretty much packed :o Can't help it! I have to try things on, even wear it once before we go in case it does not fit right. I went through my travel toiletries bag - tons of travel size and samples to sort.

I even started pulling DD's clothes - she is such a tomboy her clothes don't last the Summer. So I went through the clothes that still look good and hid them in a suitcase ;)

Sirenitas: It's nice to know there are others out there who can't wait to pack! Loved reading that you hide some of DDs clothes in a suitcase! I might use that ploy for DH;)...

NewFloater - Loved the comment RE light colored dinner jackets and the perils of Marinara sauce. That works for ALL light colored clothing:rolleyes:. Remember to pack the Tide To Go stick. It does a good job removing those messy stains!