Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Laura

I use a couple of swivel clips( the kind that are hard to open) and a sturdy length of ribbon. A minute with the sewing machine and I have a very tiny leash-like setup. The Pacsafe bags have interior metal rings to clip things to.

The clips and ribbons are readily available where jewellery fittings are sold...Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's.

You can order the same thing online from here:

http://www.daymakers.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=108&cat=Optional+Wrist+Straps%2C+Strap+Extensions%2C+and+Extra+Long+Straps

I love the fact I can't accidently leave my wallet behind in a shop or have my keys drop out of the bag. Plus the pickpocket thing!

Thank you!

Would appreciate tried and true recommendations for a crossbody bag/purse to use for day trips/excursions. I have a nice MEC pod, but it tends to get heavy and looks like a knapsack in photos! Tks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got some great responses on this thread!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2153536

I need to finally decide which one to order. I haven't had luck in store so far

murfturf: Thank you for the crossbody info! My Bagalini tote is perfect for air travel but too big for carrying longer periods of time. I'm gonna check out Bagalini's crossbody options on amazon.

Outfits Try Ons begin tomorrow (think: the Annie Tomorrow song again;)!) The room heater goes to the Cruise Room before breakfast and will be high 70s for as long as I need to try on.

As I say every time: each outfit looks like a winner right now...but after Try Ons, there will be at least one "what was I thinking???" moment:rolleyes:.

Temps are in the teens today. Snow is swirling around with every gust of wind. There is NO color outside my window. And tomorrow could be even colder. Perfect day to listen to Caribbean music and look at brightly colored apparel! ...and DH, good guy that he is, will bring coffee mid-morning and wine mid-afternoon....:cool::)

Laura

I use a couple of swivel clips( the kind that are hard to open) and a sturdy length of ribbon. A minute with the sewing machine and I have a very tiny leash-like setup. The Pacsafe bags have interior metal rings to clip things to.

The clips and ribbons are readily available where jewellery fittings are sold...Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's.

You can order the same thing online from here:

http://www.daymakers.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=108&cat=Optional+Wrist+Straps%2C+Strap+Extensions%2C+and+Extra+Long+Straps

I love the fact I can't accidently leave my wallet behind in a shop or have my keys drop out of the bag. Plus the pickpocket thing!

I really liked the "leashes" they showed on the website but boy,I thought they were pricey. $7.75 plus shipping for one. Guess I will have to talk with my sewing friends because it is a great idea.

Hi CCF's,

I would like to know what color do you favor for you Caribbean cruise wardrobe?

I love blue, turquoise, and yellow. Then comes green, orange and purple. I tend to wear prints a lot.

My first cruise was a blend of browns, based on a few shirts I found: one was a brown palm floral, another was a bohemian purple and brown shirt, and one more was a cruise theme shirt with rhinestones! Accents were pink, purple and green :)

My last three have been turquoise and navy mostly. I add in some pink, or purple as accents. I like to pack three solid pants - white, black, navy etc. Then a variety of shirts. I love prints too! This upcoming cruise I think I won't be doing much shopping, I'm pretty happy with what I have in my closet, but a few new things are always nice!

Hi CCF's,

I would like to know what color do you favor for you Caribbean cruise wardrobe?

I love blue, turquoise, and yellow. Then comes green, orange and purple. I tend to wear prints a lot.

I'm all over the map with my colors, too. Because I'm a blue-eyed blonde, I have a lot of turquoise prints. But, there's alsor coral, royal blue, and black/white. All prints.

For evenings I wear lilac, seafoam, black, and I have a great brown/gold burnout top.

I take 1 pair each long black, white, and brown pants. Capris are 2 pairs each of black and white. A white tank, a black tank, and 2 each black and white camisoles since all my blouses are chiffon and pretty sheer.

When I look at the clothes selected for the Next Cruise, there are lots of bright pastel colors - pinks, limes, coral, yellow. Rarely do I choose neutrals...and that can make it more interesting when mixing and matching. BUT, bright pastels make me happy, put me in a tropical frame of mind and are so-o-o different from my daily winter attire;).

Today (during all the pre-Super Bowl television viewing), I will take my handwritten Outfit Worksheets and put all the info into the Spreadsheet.

This week some photos could be taken and posted. There should be time since Old Man Winter keeps reminding me of where I live!:p

Staying inside is the best choice...and arranging outfits for a photo shoot sounds like a good way to escape:cool:.

Nice color line up. You made me remember how much I wear white on a cruise.

I all was take a long white skirt to wear in ports.

All that white and black are my capris, evening pants, and tank/camisoles. I wear only those colors, plus a brown tank and pants, with all my tops.

sherilyn70: Thank you for posting Formal Night photos! How elegant you both look! The long dresses are so beautiful:).

We will be in Nassau on St. Patrick's Day. I'm not wearing green during the day while we are off the ship and sightseeing, BUT can't decide if the "wearin' of the green" should be part of my casual dinner/evening...

Let me say - green is not a good color for me, especially near my face...and therefore, my clothing selection is very limited.

First - here is my original Outfit choice:

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B884%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C38334%3C7335nu0mrj

Yellow and orange is one of my happy cruise combinations...

This is my only possibility - Is the blouse enough green to satisfy St. Patrick?

OPINIONS, PLEASE!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33353%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C38334%3C8335nu0mrj

Here are a couple more Next Cruise Outfits:

Since Day 2 will still be chilly (cold??), the orange Eileen Fisher cashmere is coming along. The Capris are Liz Claiborne, shoes are a comfy favorite - Earth Shoes (yes, from WalMart:rolleyes:), and that's a favorite necklace made out of painted wood discs, from an Art Festival. I'm a big fan of Dooney & Bourke - love this crossbody.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B%3B54%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C38334%3C6335nu0mrj

The straw clutch has been on my "want to take this" list but hasn't made it until now. It's vintage - from DH's aunt who passed away many years ago. She was a single working lady in the day when that wasn't so fashionable and she traveled all over the world! The clutch was purchased in the early 1950's in Hawaii.

The knit top (in Caribbean blue!) makes me smile. It came from a consignment shop. The gold Bandolino flats are from TJ Maxx.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33998%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C38334%3C5335nu0mrj

Just one more photo today - I gotta say, after seeing sherilyn70's formal photos, this Ann Taylor dress isn't nearly as elegant as hers! BUT, it has never been on a cruise AND hasn't appeared in any photos. My other Formal Night dress is a brown chiffon halter style (and doesn't look like much on the hanger).

Anyway, here's the Ann Taylor dress with snakeskin Anne Klein heels. The brown clutch is small but only needs to hold SeaPass, comb and lipstick. The 3 necklaces (can't see them very well) are gold chains that DH gave me on different Valentines' Days - and they haven't cruised much either...

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv34%3A4%3B%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3C38334%3C4335nu0mrj

Very pretty dresses. Are both black or one navy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! The first one is purple and the other is navy blue.

I think you can see the color better in this picture.

bd1704ec3f12ac3293dc2847b4a6a471.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by sherilyn70

I have a navy dress as well. What color shoes did you wear and did your husband have a color coordinating tie with wearing a black suit with your navy?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sherilyn, I know you were posting some concerns about your hair before your cruise. It looks great in the pictures. You look great and healthy!

Indiana-- the green shirt you have posted is perfect for St. Pat's Day.

I have a navy dress as well. What color shoes did you wear and did your husband have a color coordinating tie with wearing a black suit with your navy?

I just have a nice pair of dressy chiffon black flats that I wore wroth both dresses. The only thing my husband really changed was from a dark gray shirt to a light gray one. He has a black and silver tie he loves.

Sherilyn, I know you were posting some concerns about your hair before your cruise. It looks great in the pictures. You look great and healthy!

Thank you. :) it's funny how many compliments I have had from strangers on it. Even the hair dresser in the ship spa commented on it when he saw me.

As for the healthy part, I'm a pretty good faker, lol. I'm sitting here the day after my cruise getting blood (hemoglobin was very low) and potassium infused into me. I also had an ear infection on the cruise and stopped at a local Dr in St Martin for antibiotics. I also had issues with my legs swelling up badly. Overall though I had a great time, I'm pretty exhausted and paying for it a little right now. I would do it all over again.

Edited by sherilyn70