Fishermans Wharf in Victoria

There's a celebrated outdoor fish-and-chips place there but Fisherman's Wharf is not a destination. You'll walk by it on your way into the tourist area of Victoria if you turn left out of the cruise terminal and follow the coastline. An evening stroll along the water in June is lovely.

Our cruise ship will be docking in Victoria from 6-midnight in June. Is Fishermans Wharf in walking distance to the cruise ship dock? Will there be much to see in the evening there?

Just a few blocks on Dallas Rd:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=212770407613531027445.0004665d7f3e28f06866d&ll=48.418977,-123.369255&spn=0.02045,0.055747&z=15

And Barb's fish and chips is excellent.

• 3 months later...

Fisherman's Wharf is a lot of fun! In addition to Barb's Fish and Chips, which we ALWAYS eat at when in Victoria, and the whale watching excursions, there are some really playful harbor seals that hang out in the water right across from the fish store (right next to Barb's). Buy 5 fish for $1, and they'll jump out of the water for them.

Also, from Fisherman's wharf, you can hop on one of the little Harbour Ferries (click on this link) and "taxi" into the downtown Harbour (right across the street from the Empress Hotel). It's a kick!

FYI, here is a pic showing Fisherman's Wharf on the way to downtown Victoria. As said,

there is not too much there as far as visitor's are concerned but Barb's Fish and Chips

is very good and the seal feeding and Harbour Ferries are also worth considering on the way

into the city.

29dfwjr.jpg

Once you are off the ship, and since you have to be back 30 minutes prior to sailing, you're really in Victoria for less than 5 hours. I absolutely wouldn't bother. It's not worth it. This board has lots of threads on Victoria and what to do, since it is such a short stop. You could look up some of those threads using the "Search this forum" function back on the first page.

Victoria is beautiful and I used to live there for over 30 years. Fisherman's Wharf is not some place I would go with only a few hours there. JMHO. In all my years there I only ate at Barb's once. :) They might not even be open when you arrive in the evening.

Fisherman's Wharf had really been fixed up since we were last.

We live near San Francisco--I work there--and we don't go to their Fisherman's Wharf very often either (real locals look down their noses at it), but it's great fun for tourists, just as Victoria's is.

Fisherman's Wharf had really been fixed up since we were last there.

We live near San Francisco--I work there--and we don't go to their Fisherman's Wharf very often either (real locals look down their noses at it), but it's great fun for tourists, just as Victoria's is.

Archived