jhteam78

i just read a post about an 18 year old trying to cruise. What is the age that you are able to cruise by yourself. Just curious i have been one three cruises but i have an 18 year old step daughter that has said she wanted to go with friends?

i know she is 18 and i am strick and will cross that bridge when she tells me when she is going! I think it is all talk

Only three US based cruise lines allow 18 year olds to cruise alone. They are Cunard (very expensive and for the older crowd), Disney (very expensive and loaded with little kids) and Crystal (a luxury line that does not attract teens and that would cost $3000+ for a one week cruise).

Every other line has a rule of 21, or they must have someone either 21or25 in the cabin with them.

I know this wasn't your question but it isn't a great idea for young girls that age to cruise without an adult along to watch over them. It is a potential recipe for very bad goings on. Hope you can discourage her from going forward with this idea until she is older.

Huh, how is cruising versus going to say Florida or Cancun on spring break any different, or perhaps anywhere else with friends.

I've seen adults act like children and children act like adults irrespective of where they are :D

Teaching responsibility is the most important thing, why 18 versus 21 is magical I think has more to do with other things I think. To many 18 - 21 takes away from "legal" alchohol drinking cabin filling customers is my belief

;)

I know this wasn't your question but it isn't a great idea for young girls that age to cruise without an adult along to watch over them. It is a potential recipe for very bad goings on. Hope you can discourage her from going forward with this idea until she is older.

[2 cents]

It's all about the money. The cruise lines just want to make money from booze sales and will miss out by filling cabins with under 21 passengers. If you can't trust an 18 year old to vacation on their own we all have serious problems. That 18 year old can vote and fight for our country. If something bad happens as a result of an 18 year old being on their own then there was obviously a flaw in their upbringing and/or their own personal problems.

[/2 cents]

Archived