where do I find which cabins have been booked

skydancing

we are travelling hopefully on the Noordam in September and i am interested to see if there is anywhere that tells me which cabins have been sold so far.

Is this possible. Cheers and thanks in advance.

sure you can - just go on the HAL website and go through the first part of the booking process - once you select the class of cabin you are interested in, it will want you to choose a cabin and should list the cabins that are not booked. then just exit.

You can see all cabins not booked this way. for each category you are interested in.

You can see all cabins not booked this way. for each category you are interested in.

Sorry, but this isn't correct. They will show you six (if at least that many are available) and possibly the choice of booking a guarantee. These six will often be at the front of the ship, in a block, or fairly close to each other. Maybe one will be mid-ship or aft. There are often many more than that available in the category.

To find them all you have to Enter a Requested Room number, and click Check Availability down at the bottom of the page, one room at a time. If it says "We are unable to find a stateroom that matches this Stateroom Number in this category" and you have entered a correct number for the category, then the room is taken. If it says "Yes, This stateroom is available!" then it is still open.

Pick a cruise that's 9 months or more away, and try it. :)

Sorry, but this isn't correct. They will show you six (if at least that many are available) and possibly the choice of booking a guarantee. These six will often be at the front of the ship, in a block, or fairly close to each other. There are often many more than that available in the category.

To find them all you have to Enter a Requested Room number, and click Check Availability down at the bottom of the page, one room at a time. Pick a cruise that's 9 months or more away, and try it. :)

apologies to the op - this has worked for me but based on what JT says, I guess because most of the ship is sold out. sorry for the mis information :o

What HAL was showing me was matching a website I use which shows all cabins (it's a travel agent website so can't be named), so I thought it was accurate. sorry.:o:o

As far as I know there isn't an easy way to find total cabin status. If you're just interested in a specific cabin or a few cabins then it can be done but a whole category with a number of cabins....ugh. On HAL's website you can go through the booking process and pick a category and try, cabin number by cabin number, to see if it's available or not. Good luck with that as it would take a bit of time and bookkeeping to say go through all the SA, SB, and SC cabins in the deluxe suite category on a Vista or Signature class ship to build a list of booked or available cabins. What you see on most TA websites is just a slice of what's available, typically no more than five or six available cabins down to sometimes just a guarantee choice or worst case no choice. Even then, depending on how far out you are from the cruise date, you'll see the availability of cabins go up and down and around and around as HAL works the inventory and TA's block cabins then return them to HAL and so on. I used to try to track a cruise but I gave up trying to get anything other than a general notion of how well a cruise is selling.

Checking number by number won't teill you the number of available cabins. You still won't know about guarantee bookings and there are lots of those. The percentage of guarantee bookings is not small.
Good point! :)

The travel websites, including HAL, only show about 6 cabins available. Many times, they choose cabins in a less desireable location. As others have said, in the bow or next to stairs etc. It is in the cruiselines best interest to book these cabins asap. If you really want to know if a cabin is availabe, you have to call your TA or HAL and ask. They will tell you on the phone. Some people love being close to the stairs and at the bow. Each to their own.

Archived