WHAT IS GOOD EXCURSION/TOUR THAT KIDS ENJOY IN PANAMA??

pjfnme

Hi! I have a 5 year old daughter who is going on her first cruise! I am interested in any tour/excursion that we might all enjoy while we are there. My hubby & I definintely want to see the canal..but, I dont know if she will get anything out of it being so young. My cruise line offers a railroad excursion that runs along the canal and also the ocean to ocean tour that actually goes thru the canal...has anyone had experience with these? Or can anyone suggest something different that she might like??

Thanks!

If you read down this board and read the backboards you'll see tons of reviews of the railroad tour and the Ocean to Ocean tour.

The Ocean to Ocean boat is much smaller than your cruiseship and doesn't have much in the way of "distractions". If she isn't enjoying just riding on the boat and seeing the sites it could be a very lengthy 3-5 hours.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I did a partial transit on the Island Princess Oct 03 with my husband and am returning with my teenage children this Thanksgiving. Last year we did the two ocean railroad. I don't remember what they called it, but they also offered a domed car. I thought the excursion was OK not great. We heard alot of good things about the Embera Indian excursion... but I am not sure if it will allow you to get a view of the canal.

Archived