"Deals" question

39august

Yesterday I priced a cruise marked "deals" marking all applicable boxes. Of course, with the new web site, we can no longer see what "deal" we are getting. Just out of curiosity, I then went back and priced the same cruise and catagory without checking any of the special rates boxes. Imagine my surprise when the rate was exactly the same. What gives with the "deals" notations anyway? Are they just changing basic rates instead of giving various discounted rates? And also, the day before yesterday that same cruise was about $200 higher than it had been a week ago, also marked as "deal". Happily, yesterday the price went down to the previous price, so I booked it. But I sure didn't get a "deal"!

I really miss the old RCCL website. The new one is not user friendly!:mad:

You are not alone!!

It is too frustrating and I miss seeing all the other cabin categories on the first page that showed the prices at one glance.

It is not user friendly, I agree.:mad:

Our Allure cruise just showed up as a "deal". It was better pricing for seniors (over 55). We are way past final payment but between the senior discount and Diamond member discount we moved from an inside to an ocean view balcony guarantee for $140. Ended up with D5 on deck 11.

cruise guy, you may be correct. Maybe it was a deal for a state other than mine. loudbmw-How could you tell it was a senior rate? Did it show up on the screen like it used to? I hate the new web site. It is so user unfriendly!

cruise guy, you may be correct. Maybe it was a deal for a state other than mine. loudbmw-How could you tell it was a senior rate? Did it show up on the screen like it used to? I hate the new web site. It is so user unfriendly!

I have the same questions. On the old site you could see both the regular price and the "deal".......senior, residency, military etc.

I don't know if the cruises I'm looking at don't have a "deal" or the "deal" is the price you see. :confused:

Maybe tick the senior box and see if it comes up cheaper? Then you will know?

It is frustrating when there is a deal but you don't see it. That happened with the old web site too, I think.

But yes, I am with you on the feelings about the new site.

I do like the search portion.

But I HATE the pop-up that says "upgrade to JS for $64 a day?" (for example).

Give us credit for figuring out the price differential ourselves. I wish RCL would dump this "car-salesman approach". It is tacky. IMO.

Archived