RSVP Caribbean Cruise February 2012

Boytjie

In 2009 we had an underwear party around departure San Juan. I can remember people on the other cruiseship peeking over the rail to see what's going on the the "gay ship":)

It was similar at the departure of Mahogany Bay this year... The Retro T Dance started before departure and we were docked alongside of an NCL ship (I think it was the Spirit). Granted, most people weren't in their underwear but there were a good many over-the-top outfits. :D

RSVP also has their routines and schedules. But atmosphere wise it's far more laid back and friendlier as Atlantis. It's a bit of an older, socially mature open minded crowd. I never came across attitude on an RSVP Cruise. And as a solo travelling European I felt very welcome.

During the Caribbean cruise, there are always theme parties on deck. RSVP'ers take the costumes very seriously. However I don't know how it will be in the Med. There is the sail away get together, a colour themed T dance, a leather themed party etc. Parties usually last til about 3 AM and are a lot of fun. No illegal substances are required. I can remember very good times when after a party we all went snacking in the Lido after a party.

Amy & Freddy are cabaret regulars. And there are shows etc every night. Like Atlantis once a cruise there is a guest entertainer. Paul & Paul are great entertainment directors, very approachable and sociable. They and the RSVP staff make you really feel at home and at ease. I normally never like bingo, but Sister Helen Holy's Church bingo is a blast.

The Med cruise will have lots of long hot hours of intense sightseeing so i imagine the evenings to be a bit more quite than in the Caribbean. HAL is marketed towards an older clientele and it shows on the ship. It means pretty good food and service. Interiorwise the ship is OK but definitely not my favourite. However very comfortable, no big crowds and relaxed. I haven't done the gym but it looked fine for me. And you will not find so much nickle and diming as on RCI or other lines. Cabins are industrie size, even though I once stayed in an inside which was rather small. (No service charge for room service) The lounges and bars are not really utelized as normal. Everybody usuallu attends the parties on the aft end deck.

You will really enjoy it. I am still considering join the Med cruise! ;-)

Reint

You're alive! And a big hello to everyone else! Reint-send me an email, we were going on Med but cancelled. We bought a condo in St. Pete/Tampa but we're definitely planning 2012 RSVP Carib. David is still doing Med. Having dinner with RMSOlympic next week.

Just my two cents, but two years ago the underwear party was the night of departure from San Juan. Crazy fun! We had a Costa ship on one side and Celebrity (Solstice or Equinox?) on the other. Flashbulbs were going off on both sides of us as we pulled away from the dock with massive oversized underwear hanging from the mainstays over the fantail, music blasting, lights and all. Also had spent the evening with a co-worker's best friend who lived in San Juan. We got the local's tour and got to see some great beaches. She took us to an awesome restaurant, and she even introduced us to one of her friends, Miss Puerto Rico! That day in San Juan was one of our top five favorite travel memories. Can't wait to go back.

• 2 weeks later...

On the Atlantis Alumni site Rich just announced that in 2012 there will not be another Caribbean cruise but the Allure. This should get the RSVP one sold pretty quick.

I know many people (me included) would have gone on the smaller March Caribbean cruise had it been offered. It seems that they cannot sale out this year, and with the Allure sales proabably somewhat sluggish they will just not take this chance.

It will be interesting to see what they will line up for the rest of 2012.

Regardless, made me must happier that I've booked on RSVP for next year.

On the Atlantis Alumni site Rich just announced that in 2012 there will not be another Caribbean cruise but the Allure. This should get the RSVP one sold pretty quick.

With oil over $100.00/barrel, both companies, even though they have the same owner are being cautious should the cruise lines impose a fuel surcharge. Who knows where the economy is headed later this year?

With oil over $100.00/barrel, both companies, even though they have the same owner are being cautious should the cruise lines impose a fuel surcharge. Who knows where the economy is headed later this year?

They can always impose the fuel surcharge. When the cruise lines will start charging them, don't be surprised that both companies will do the same.

They can always impose the fuel surcharge. When the cruise lines will start charging them, don't be surprised that both companies will do the same.

I fully expect to see a fuel surcharge added to the 2011-2012 cruises very soon.

I am on vacation in San Juan.....was up at El Morro touring when a beautiful ship came into view!

IT WAS THE EURODAM!!! I was so excited.....seeing the ship that I was on in Feb 2010!!!

Also Celebrity Soltice came in right behind her!

I can't wait to get on the Amsterdam!

dave

Our TA had our reservation forms with him on the cruise and got us booked into the same cabin we had in 2009 and 2010. :)

I wish we had thought of that. We are holding off committing since we weren't able to get the onboard discount.

I wish we had thought of that. We are holding off committing since we weren't able to get the onboard discount.

If Peter got the on board booking discount, then I would certainly think you should be entitled to it. Peter may have to enlighten us as to whether or not it was offered to him.

I know the brochure makes it quite clear you actually had to be on board to qualify. However, regular guests such as yourself and Bob should certainly be entitled.

If Peter got the on board booking discount, then I would certainly think you should be entitled to it. Peter may have to enlighten us as to whether or not it was offered to him.

I know the brochure makes it quite clear you actually had to be on board to qualify. However, regular guests such as yourself and Bob should certainly be entitled.

I never said we got the onboard discount, I said our TA had our reservation forms onboard. ;)

It would have been nice if we could have booked it on the Hawaii cruise...

We also were able to put in a request prior to the last cruise and get the same cabin we had in 2009, but I can not reveal my sources. Also, nothing was PROMISED, so we understood that we might not have gotten it. Never-the-less, **** came through. ;) We did not get an on board discount (since we weren't on board), but we had other credits (past cruises, referrals) that allowed us to knock off a sizeable chunk of change.

We already cashed in most of our VIP Points. It is too bad that those of us who took the Hawaii cruise instead of the Caribbean cruise weren't offered the same discount as those who did NOT take the Hawaiian cruise.:mad:

We already cashed in most of our VIP Points. It is too bad that those of us who took the Hawaii cruise instead of the Caribbean cruise weren't offered the same discount as those who did NOT take the Hawaiian cruise.:mad:

Max,

I did BOTH cruises, but do you think I got two discounts, NOT !

It is a shame that the 2012 Caribbean was not bookable onboard the Hawaii cruise.

Try emailing Jeff, it couldn't hurt.

Good luck,

r.

"Only guests who are actually onboard this cruise are eligible for the onboard booking discounts listed in this booklet. At RSVP's discretion we may allow bookings for guests not onboard, but no discount applies."

"Only guests who are actually onboard this cruise are eligible for the onboard booking discounts listed in this booklet. At RSVP's discretion we may allow bookings for guests not onboard, but no discount applies."

Okay, then.

Possibly one reason is because at the time of the Hawaiian cruise, although they may have been contractually tied to Holland America, no details had been hammered out. Feb 2012 would have been well over a year away. I don't recall an on board boking credit when we did 2007 Alaska for 2009 Caribbean. Peter?

Archived