RSVP Caribbean Cruise February 2012

Boytjie

Thanks for the reply.

I an considering the Caribbean cruise.......if the bank account can handle it. I will be sailing into Ft Lauderdale on the 12th disebarking the Ruby Princess, so all I would have to do is drive the car over fron the Princess parking garage to the one on the other side of the port serving HAL.

I have never done a back to back.......how to handle clothes for a second cruise...but then Princess has self serve laundry facilities and dry cleaning... so I guess it can be done.

I will look over the share categories as doing a solo like I usually do is negated by sailing the Ruby.

Have to adit there are alot of guys I would like to see again......especially the guys that added so uch to the Hawaii trip.

Hobie...glas to hear you survived the Atlantis sailing........hope you didnt behave.;)

Tom,

I was a good boy (mostly!).

This is the first time that I ever did back to back cruises (Atlantis 20th anniversary and RSVP 25th anniversary). It was difficult packing for two weeks but I did send out some laundry near the end of the Atlantis cruise.

I would do Atlantis and RSVP back to back again next year, except there is a week separating the two cruises next year. I could stay in Fort Lauderdale for a week but I don't think that I can get away for 3 weeks!

It would be great to see you on the Nieuw Amsterdam next February![/indent][/indent]

On this years Caribbean cruise did RSVP indicate any other sailings in 2012....either in europe or elsewhere in the Fall?

RSVP indicated more 2012 sailings would be announced in the future. I got the impression Atlantis makes the announcement decisions.

Must admit I would love another Greek Island cruise...still the best RSVP memories I hold dear to my heart. But on a smaller ship it seems much nicer......but who has small ships anymore.

Guess I will wait and see what RSVP announces before I commit to the Feb cruise........:o

RSVP indicated more 2012 sailings would be announced in the future. I got the impression Atlantis makes the announcement decisions.

I think you are correct on this one as well. Atlantis did not make any announcement on 2012 apart from the Allure. From what I understand they are still negotiating about their March cruise and it might go to a completely different cruise line than what we're used to.

I told Jeff that if they are smart they will plan the cruises to be back-to-back, although the overlap in target audience might not be that big.

I think you are correct on this one as well. Atlantis did not make any announcement on 2012 apart from the Allure. From what I understand they are still negotiating about their March cruise and it might go to a completely different cruise line than what we're used to.

Would RCL be willing to charter with Atlantis after all the bad press it brought to the cruise line after this years cruise?

Would RCL be willing to charter with Atlantis after all the bad press it brought to the cruise line after this years cruise?

I am sure they are willing to take Atlantis' money. I was led to believe that the decision is more the one of Atlantis. If I have to guess they try to get the best bargain by pitting the companies against each other.

All gay charter is very profitable for the cruise line (just think on the alcohol consumption in addition to the fact it is charter). Bad press or no bad press, the money will speak louder than anything, as the press will be forgotten very quickly.

I thought I could bluff my way through it with Tom but those damn pictures are pretty incriminating!

Only if you don't know what was really and truly happening (which is exactly why they aren't going on Facebook- most of my friends have very dirty minds!). :p

I am sure they are willing to take Atlantis' money. I was led to believe that the decision is more the one of Atlantis. If I have to guess they try to get the best bargain by pitting the companies against each other.

All gay charter is very profitable for the cruise line (just think on the alcohol consumption in addition to the fact it is charter). Bad press or no bad press, the money will speak louder than anything, as the press will be forgotten very quickly.

Take the money, and in due time, the bad publicity will be forgotten.

http://www.rsvpcruises.org/Caribbean_RSVP_Cruise.htm

The amount of time in all ports looks great. I hope we will be having a party (Underwear 2009) like we did last time as we sail out of San Juan.

A full day in St. Thomas for those that want to head over to St. Johns without feeling rushed.

haha, there is a slight typo.....the schedule shows at sea from feb 18 through feb 29!!!! thats a lot of t-dances to plan for!!!!

:eek:

For those who have been on an RSVP cruise recently, what are the general theme parties and entertainment? I'm used to the Atlantis format, but looking forward to the RSVP July Med cruise. Just not sure what to expect from RSVP vis a vis Atlantis.

And, for those on the Niew Amsterdam last month, how was the ship? Cabin size and layout? Dining venues? Gym? Public spaces? Bars? Etc?

Thanks. :)

For those who have been on an RSVP cruise recently, what are the general theme parties and entertainment? I'm used to the Atlantis format, but looking forward to the RSVP July Med cruise. Just not sure what to expect from RSVP vis a vis Atlantis.

And, for those on the Niew Amsterdam last month, how was the ship? Cabin size and layout? Dining venues? Gym? Public spaces? Bars? Etc?

Thanks. :)

RSVP also has their routines and schedules. But atmosphere wise it's far more laid back and friendlier as Atlantis. It's a bit of an older, socially mature open minded crowd. I never came across attitude on an RSVP Cruise. And as a solo travelling European I felt very welcome.

During the Caribbean cruise, there are always theme parties on deck. RSVP'ers take the costumes very seriously. However I don't know how it will be in the Med. There is the sail away get together, a colour themed T dance, a leather themed party etc. Parties usually last til about 3 AM and are a lot of fun. No illegal substances are required. I can remember very good times when after a party we all went snacking in the Lido after a party.

Amy & Freddy are cabaret regulars. And there are shows etc every night. Like Atlantis once a cruise there is a guest entertainer. Paul & Paul are great entertainment directors, very approachable and sociable. They and the RSVP staff make you really feel at home and at ease. I normally never like bingo, but Sister Helen Holy's Church bingo is a blast.

The Med cruise will have lots of long hot hours of intense sightseeing so i imagine the evenings to be a bit more quite than in the Caribbean. HAL is marketed towards an older clientele and it shows on the ship. It means pretty good food and service. Interiorwise the ship is OK but definitely not my favourite. However very comfortable, no big crowds and relaxed. I haven't done the gym but it looked fine for me. And you will not find so much nickle and diming as on RCI or other lines. Cabins are industrie size, even though I once stayed in an inside which was rather small. (No service charge for room service) The lounges and bars are not really utelized as normal. Everybody usuallu attends the parties on the aft end deck.

You will really enjoy it. I am still considering join the Med cruise! ;-)

Reint

You will really enjoy it. I am still considering join the Med cruise! ;-)

Reint

Thanks, Reint, for the info. I'm looking forward to the cruise and enjoying the RSVP "vibe." It will be an interesting comparison to that of Atlantis. Has RSVP kept the practice of having a special head-liner(s) for entertainment? Is the rumour about an "underwear party" true? If so, is it a T-dance or a late night party? I'm partial to T-dances, but enjoy an occasional good late-night theme party.

I presume, like Atlantis, RSVP gives the passengers a couple of weeks advance notice on both party themes and entertainers.

BTW, is Danny Williams still around on RSVP? :confused: He was enjoyable in the '90s when I last sailed RSVP.

Hope to see you onboard in July! ;)

What are your thoughts of Half Moon Cay at the begining and 2 full days at the end?

It's been nice to end the past cruises (08, 09, 10) with Half Moon, but it will also be nice having 2 sea days to unwind and enjoy the ship before ending the cruise.

Interesting point.

I believe having Half Moon Cay as the first port is a smart idea, by RSVP.

For those who were on the 2011 cruise, one of the first big parties was the underwear party, which seemed at the time, odd, because usually it is held later in the week. However, getting everyone down to his or her skivies, was a great ice breaker, and set the tone for an amazing week. The energy on the 2011 cruise was phenom.

Having Half Moon Cay at the begining of the week, allows for everyone to get to know each other in a very relaxing and inviting environment. Who doesn't like to be on a wonderful beach, doing fruit loops (or in this case laps), and/or mingling with the other passengers?!?!? Plus we have the entire island to ourselves. I just hope the ocean water is warm enough to take a dip in. Smart move on RSVP if you ask me.

Plus San Jaun is very gay friendly, specially and specifically old San Jaun. Oh and child, the shoppin---my credit card already has the shakes. To top it off, St. Johns, which is also a phenom place, is just a fairy (no pun intended), jaunt from St. Thomas. I'm sure there will be an excusion planned to that little piece of heaven here on earth. Isn't that a song?!?!

And I say Brava!

Looking forward to more discussion, and you'lll see this hippie on board!

I did a HAL cruise in 2003 and the first stop was Half Moon Cay. It was really nice on the first day to sit at that great beach in the sunshine. It will surely give the cruise a special vibe.

In 2009 we had an underwear party around departure San Juan. I can remember people on the other cruiseship peeking over the rail to see what's going on the the "gay ship":)

Has RSVP kept the practice of having a special head-liner(s) for entertainment? Is the rumour about an "underwear party" true? If so, is it a T-dance or a late night party? I'm partial to T-dances, but enjoy an occasional good late-night theme party.

I presume, like Atlantis, RSVP gives the passengers a couple of weeks advance notice on both party themes and entertainers.

BTW, is Danny Williams still around on RSVP? :confused: He was enjoyable in the '90s when I last sailed RSVP.

I was impressed with the quality of information RSVP had provided and the whole check-in process. The shore excursion were published in advance and a date was set when the booking will be open to allow everyone to review the excursion and to be fair. All the communications were on time and with enough time before the cruise (unlike the Allure ones).

There was an underwear this year and it was late night party. The themes this year were - leather party, bear party, orange party, underwear party, sail away party, 70-80's party and I'm sure I'm missing something.

On the med cruise I'm sure it would be tuned down somewhat - with only one sea day, and most other days leaving ports at 8-9 PM, I'm sure the late night party will not go on so late.

Danny Williams is still around (but not one of my personal favorites).

There was an underwear this year and it was late night party. The themes this year were - leather party, bear party, orange party, underwear party, sail away party, 70-80's party and I'm sure I'm missing something.

On the med cruise I'm sure it would be tuned down somewhat - with only one sea day, and most other days leaving ports at 8-9 PM, I'm sure the late night party will not go on so late.

As you may know, this cruise is in limbo on the first Port of Call - Tunis. All things considered, I'd be happy with another sea day just meandering around the Med. And, another perfect excuse for a T-dance.

Since orange is not my favorite color I hope they'll choose something more summery for July in the Med - white is good (but probably too much like the underwear party). We'll see.

I foresee cabaret cocktails for moi on the bear and leather party nights! :eek: Those are not really my scene.

Again, thanks for the info.

Since orange is not my favorite color I hope they'll choose something more summery for July in the Med - white is good (but probably too much like the underwear party). We'll see.

I foresee cabaret cocktails for moi on the bear and leather party nights! :eek: Those are not really my scene.

I think they change the color each cruise. I said on the cruise that orange is the great equator - everyone looks bad in it - but it still was loads of fun. You cannot imagine how creative some people are.

Bears and leather are usually not my scene either - but still had a blast.

Coming from the Allure, the ship was small enough to change venues easily. I'm sure you'll have a blast no matter what.

I think they change the color each cruise. I said on the cruise that orange is the great equator - everyone looks bad in it -

:rolleyes::rolleyes: How very dare you! Dutch people look fantastic in Orange!!!:D:D:D

Archived