Update/Resolution to my previous thread

snigg

I woke up this morning and checked my email on my iphone and noticed I received an email from RC at 2:18am with a copy of my booking information. On the email it has us now listed in SO-90XX. I called early this morning to confirm the information and was informed that they did in fact put us into the Superior Oceaview Stateroom on deck 9 at no additional cost.

I'm not sure what made someone have a change of heart and make the change for us last night, but I am glad that RC ultimately came through in the end and resolved the issue in a satisfactory manner. Thanks again to all of you that offered advice and helpful responses.:)

I woke up this morning and checked my email on my iphone and noticed I received an email from RC at 2:18am with a copy of my booking information. On the email it has us now listed in SO-90XX. I called early this morning to confirm the information and was informed that they did in fact put us into the Superior Oceaview Stateroom on deck 9 at no additional cost.

I'm not sure what made someone have a change of heart and make the change for us last night, but I am glad that RC ultimately came through in the end and resolved the issue in a satisfactory manner. Thanks again to all of you that offered advice and helpful responses.:)

Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy your cruise.

That's great! To me, this is an issue of customer service. You absolutely should have been told at the time of booking that the beds could not be converted to a queen. I'm glad RCI did the right thing. Good customer service is what keeps companies in business. Enjoy your cruise!

Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you.

Enjoy what you got this time; it probably won't be repeated in the future....

:rolleyes:

That's great! To me, this is an issue of customer service. You absolutely should have been told at the time of booking that the beds could not be converted to a queen. I'm glad RCI did the right thing. Good customer service is what keeps companies in business. Enjoy your cruise!

I agree and thank you.

I'm glad to see that Royal Caribbean came thru for you. Thanks for the update.

Probably some lessons for others that read your thread last night. As a first time cruiser, you believed that all rooms have the same configuration ie......that all beds can be converted to a queen bed. Upon your own realization that it was not the case with your cabin, you went back to have the cabin changed so that you could have a queen bed.

I would not agree that it was just Royal Caribbeans fault, as you lacked asking the most important question......."in this cabin will the beds make into a queen bed?" So I would say that there was a bit of fault on both sides.

I'm very happy that Royal Caribbean came thru for you, in the way that you wanted it to end. Hopefully corporate made a new customer, a customer for life.

Come back and let us know how you enjoyed the Majesty, and your trip!

Rick

I am glad it worked out for you but am a little confused. Who did you call to confirm? RCL isn't open yet.:confused:

That's good to hear. If you don't mind and can take the time to do so, how about either write a letter or fire off an email to corporate just explaining your trials and tribulations and that all of it could have been avoided if the CVP (Certified Vacation Planner, the first guy you talked to) had notified you that the beds could not be pushed together. Perhaps that will filter down to the call center and make sure that, especially for first time cruisers, CVPs take more time to explain things such as cabin limitations.

Have a wonderful cruise! I'll be with my girlfriend on the Monarch that same week, though not in a SO mind you :p

Thats great that it was resolved for you.

I think its sad that many have flamed you for the agents error, you and your GF both where on the phone during the reservation and the agent should have warned you of the rooms limitations. I could understand if you booked the stateroom online and chose not to read the warning, but that was not the case. Have a great cruise!!!:D

Thats great that it was resolved for you.

I think its sad that many have flamed you for the agents error, you and your GF both where on the phone during the reservation and the agent should have warned you of the rooms limitations. I could understand if you booked the stateroom online and chose not to read the warning, but that was not the case. Have a great cruise!!!:D

People were still calling him a liar as early as this morning by saying that there was no way he could have called as RCI doesn't open until 8am. One post was edited after the poster realized that now RCI is open 24/7. Basically said there is no way you could have called. Poster, why would he lie about this??? Very odd that more than one person would think this. What does OP have to gain??

The SOV's are a nice cabin and will be quiet a bit larger than what you are you would have had on deck 2.

I could be wrong but my guess is a Diamond+ member had this cabin and RC moved them to the Grand Suite thus freeing up the SOV for you.

Come back and let us know how you enjoyed the Majesty. I was on Monarch in May and loved it.

People were still calling him a liar as early as this morning by saying that there was no way he could have called as RCI doesn't open until 8am. One post was edited after the poster realized that now RCI is open 24/7. Basically said there is no way you could have called. Poster, why would he lie about this??? Very odd that more than one person would think this. What does OP have to gain??

Think there are some people who are peeved he got an upgrade;)

Well done to the OP for standing up to them.

Archived