United Economy Plus Annual Option

NHBob

Pardon me if this is old news, but I don't recall seeing it before.

United is now offering an annual Economy Plus upgrade for a fee of $425. There are two additional options: Economy Plus with Red Carpet Club, $699; and Economy Plus with Premier Fast Track, $799. Details on UA website at https://store.united.com/traveloptions/control/product?product_id=UM_EPA&category_id=UM_LEGRM&navSource=Travel+Options+Main+Menu&linkTitle=UM_EPA.

I assume that the upgrades can be used on both purchased tickets and award tickets - there's nothing on the website saying they can't be - and I recently had no problem purchasing Premier Satus for MIA/IAD/BOS award ticket.

It is only available to Mileage Plus members and is not applicable to flights operated by Continental.

Obviously whether it is worth it or not will depend on how often and how far one flies UA over the course of a year.

That's been around for quite a while. If you get the annual option, your travelling companion can also be seated in Economy Plus. If you don't want to buy the annual pass, it is available on individual flights.

Yes, this has been around for a very long time, for at least a year, but I'm not sure exactly how long. It can't be applicable on CO as they have no E+ seating. Note that E+ seating can never be guaranteed, and with this option, you still can't select exit seat rows.

I recently had no problem purchasing Premier Satus for MIA/IAD/BOS award ticket.

You can't purchase premier status. I think you must mean you purchased E+ access?

You can't purchase premier status. I think you must mean you purchased E+ access?

What I actually purchased for $65, per my E-ticket receipt, was "Premier Travel", (UA's words, not mine) which gave me Economy Plus seating on both flights and two bags checked free - a bargain in this case since it only cost $5 more than the $60 it would have cost me to check 2 bags.

Obviously this won't always be the case.

Bob

Also this may not be available everywhere you fly..We have purchased this on an as needed option and LAX-LHR it was worth every $...Especially booking the first 2's UA econ+ just behind business/first, an amazing amount of legroom;):D

It can't be applicable on CO as they have no E+ seating...

As 6rugrats has stated, E+ is not available on CO metal right now. BUT, I'm very happy to hear last week that the "new" UA/CO merger management has decided to convert all CO aircraft to have E+ seating (this comes as a huge relief to many of us UA FF). Only issue is they will not start the conversion until 2012 and have no set plans on how long this will take. Soooo, this should be interesting how to confirm the "new" United aircraft you may take will or won't have E+ seating:confused:

John

Archived