My co-worker insists that you didn't always have to pay for soda

tropical.dreams

In 1998 on the Imagination my son got soda free in the dining room with dinner.

That was the last time I remember seeing it for free on any cruise ship we've been on.

None of us drink soda anymore, so it's not an issue for us. :D

Gma is correct. I also started crusing back when she did and soda was free on any cruiseline I went on. It didn't matter much to me as I was never a soda drinker.

Ditto, here,

I enjoy a Diet coke once in a while...but, water is my first choice...and not from a bottle. I was weaned at about 9 months old.

:D:eek:

And where did my Lido deck horse racing go???:(

Absolutely....how much fun was THAT????

I recall yout "team" could even make costumes for your horse.

And, halloween parties when nobody brought a costume from home but was made from whatever you, your friends and your cabin steward could round up..Big parade....with winners....

My first cruise was on Carnival Celebration in 1995. You had to pay for cans of soda at the bars but the buffet had free fountain soda, even when it was closed. I remember specifically my girlfriend and I walked up to the machine and filled our glasses, not sure if we were allowed to do that being that the buffet was closed. I cannot remember if it was free in the diningroom but I don't think it was there either.

Had free soda in the MDR on Royal Caribbean when we started cruising and that was not that long ago. It stopped after our first or second cruise. Disney had it at the buffet for anyone when we went on that line. I have never had free soda on Carnival but not saying it never was. Just not in my time.

Back in '89, not only did we get free soda on RCL in the mdr, when we came to dinner, our drink of choice was already there waiting for us!

My first CCL cruise was in '98, no free soda anywhere. But, they did have in the buffet area, a hopper of oranges and a juicer that you would toss the oranges into and out would come fresh oj!

Archived