Economical way for a group to go from FLL to the docs

gundan

Probably two cabs. It is a VERY short drive. Check google earth and you will see. The docks are almost within sight of the airport. The cruise transfers for that number would probably be three to four times the cost of the cabs. Cabs are so convenient and lots quicker.

Mark

Well, initially we anticipated a bit of luggage but since I found out I could opt for unlimited laundry for $49/7(per stateroom as per HAL,confirmed via email) days we probably will cut down the luggage by half. We may just be able to fit in 2 cabs.

Thanks,

Gundan

We used Alianza transportation last time. Their van had quite a bit of room and it was the same price I believe. if I recall correctly to get from Port Everglades to the airport it was $35 last year.

worked very well for us. lots more room for luggage. Might be worth checking out to see if they can get you all in one van (I think they can) or two max.

You should be able to get a van to accommodate everyone and their luggage. We had six adults in December. I have a taxi cab/shuttle owner that I use and recommend highly. I think he would be able to assist. If interested, I can put you two in touch.

Please do, email me at gundu.thadiyan@ gmail.com

Thanks,

Gundan

You should be able to get a van to accommodate everyone and their luggage. We had six adults in December. I have a taxi cab/shuttle owner that I use and recommend highly. I think he would be able to assist. If interested, I can put you two in touch.

Now that is neat, I will give that a shot, I like this option.

Thank you Nina!.

Go to the rental car terminal at FLL and take the free bus to the cruise port. ( a tip for the driver helping with the bags would be nice.) You do not have to rent a car, the airport bus is FREE.

Thank you Nina!.

On the flip side, going from the cruise port to the airport:

Not all the rental car companies are affiliated with the free shuttle. And we were asked. We rented from Alamo and had our papers to prove it so we were fine.

LOTS of people were doing this as we disembarked the Oasis of the Seas so maybe it isn't as busy other times. Had to wait out in the sun as the first bus left and waited for the second one to arrive. There were a lot more people behind us.

Go to the rental car terminal at FLL and take the free bus to the cruise port. ( a tip for the driver helping with the bags would be nice.) You do not have to rent a car, the airport bus is FREE.

Thank you Nina!.

Be warned the bus driver will check and see if you have a rental contract with Alamo or National!

Car Rental

A number of car rental firms are licensed to do business at Port Everglades. Some companies provide shuttle service from the cruise terminals to their off-site but nearby rental locations. And, the Rental Car Center at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) houses many rental car companies under one roof that share a shuttle bus to and from Port Everglades. We suggest you confirm shuttle service with the car rental service prior to reserving a vehicle.

The following companies are located at the Rental Car Center:

Alamo 800-462-5266 Level 2Avis800-331-1212 Level 3Budget800-527-0700 Level 4Continental 800-221-4085 Level 3 Dollar800-800-4000 Level 4Enterprise800-325-8007 Level 4E-Z Rent A Car800-277-5171 Level 4Hertz800-654-3131 Level 3National800-227-7368 Level 2Payless 800-729-5377 Level 4 Royal800-314-8616 Level 3Thrifty800-847-4389 Level 2

Archived