ok ladies help re jewellery please

Lewing

Hi Ladies

Lookig at my delicate jewellery especially necklaces how is it best to pack these for our cruise? Some necklaces would seem to be best kept flat but then I'm wondering is it better to roll them all up in something?

What do ladies find is best so as not to break any delicate parts to the necklaces?

Many thanks

Linda

Hi Ladies

Lookig at my delicate jewellery especially necklaces how is it best to pack these for our cruise? Some necklaces would seem to be best kept flat but then I'm wondering is it better to roll them all up in something?

What do ladies find is best so as not to break any delicate parts to the necklaces?

Many thanks

Linda

Gotta tell you that I'm sticking (it will be my first cruise) to less delicate and less valuable stuff.

I wanna have a good time, and not worry about jewellery.

I have a travelling rigid jewellery case. I pack all earrings, rings etc in their own ziplock mini bags and them put them all in the case which protects them. This way keeps earrings together and it's easy to choose what to wear. For larger "flat" necklaces I find it best to wrap them flat in tissue and layer between clothing. It works for me. Don't forget to keep any valuable jewllery in your hand luggage or wear it. Have a great time.

I match each set of jewellery up i.e. necklace, earrings, bracelet and then I pack each set in one of these: https://www.jewellerymaker.com/searchAccessories.aspx#Product=SDQZ71

Then I put them all in a vanity style make up bag and keep them in my hand luggage. Then when I want to use them I just take out one bag at a time. Simples!!!!:rolleyes:

Ann xx

• 2 months later...

Like Cruiseluvva, I use a padded jewellery roll with lots of zipped pockets, padded roll for rings, etc, etc, for more valuable pieces and keep it in my handbag during flights. Its very pretty too, embroidered on the outside. I think I got it quite reasonably at Past Times :). The 'junk' jewellery I simply wrap in bubble wrap and pack with my clothes in main luggage.

I have an earring stand that takes 12 pairs which I then put in a bubble wrap bag. I put each necklace into an envelope, then write the description of each one on the out side, then put the envelopes into a some-thing like a big cosmetic bag with a zip. They have some good cheap ones in Primark.:o

I have an expensive sapphire & diamond ring that never leaves my finger. I also have a rather nice pearl necklace. I wear that to the port and then it goes in the safe until the evening. How much jewellry to you girls need?

I have a couple of V. nice necklaces that I wear on formal nights to pack them I tend to pin them onto board, wrap them in felt and place them inside a pencil tin (lakeland artists pencils type) ~ this way they aren't obviously jewellery being carted about in their boxes and they are protected from bumps etc. I always carry them as hand luggage.

I have an expensive sapphire & diamond ring that never leaves my finger. I also have a rather nice pearl necklace. I wear that to the port and then it goes in the safe until the evening. How much do you girls need?

Wow - a lot more than that for me! Different earrings / necklaces for each formal outfit for a start, plus daytime earrings in different colours............

Archived