Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

I see great photos of your son, and was curious why your daughter Arielle was unable to come on this cruise?

As mentionned in my introduction, Arielle had other commitments (new part time job) and could not come with us. :(

Hi again Mike,

I commented a few times on your last review and this one sure keeps the same high review standards! Good job again. Glad you had a good time and all the best to Tracy in Regina. I'm sure your daughter was sad she missed out. My kids are younger than yours but we find that cruises are great family holidays.

We just got back from the Carnival Elation with the kids and my inlaws who are snowbirding down in Alabama and we had a great cruise with great weather. So nice to leave the cold behind for a week or so. Next Feb I'd like to do Fascination out of Jacksonville to HMC, but Nov/2012 my wife wants to go on the new Disney Fantasy which will be big bucks. She doesn't think we can swing both...

We saw her sister ship (Disney Dream) in Port Canaveral, she's a beautiful ship. I will have photographs of her tomorrow.

Hopefully when Tracy gets back you guys can plan more cruises. As you know, there's nothing like them! How long will it be until Tracy gets vacation time off after she completes her training and starts full time? Any idea?

She graduates in August, I would say at least 6 months or more. She might be able to bank some overtime and that would give her time off. I'm really hoping we can cruise again in the spring of 2012. :)

The third options was Memorial Day, sleeping with the dead.

On our cruise, the longest married couple had been married over 60 years. His response for question 10 was "A hooker in the missionary position!"

Loving the review even though we just got off the Pride two weeks ago!!

Thanks Steven.

Mike, thanks for the address for Tracy. I just wrote a note in a card and plan to drop it by the PO this afternoon! I think it would be fun to get cards and notes from people who "know" you from something as widespread as the Cruise Critic boards---these make the world such a smaller place.

I enjoyed your previous review so much that when you promised a review of your Pride cruise, I kept watching until you started it! I love seeing all the pictures. I know I will never get to travel as much as I'd like, so it's fun to travel vicariously through others' photos and reviews. I do have my next cruised booked, my 3rd, for the end of May. There will be 6 of us from the Nashville, TN area. I can hardly wait. My suitcase is in the guest bedroom waiting to be packed again and the clothes are lined up in the guest closet! All I have to do is fold and pack, then get to the airport!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do the review.

Tracy---Show 'em how it's done, lady!

LaRose (Tennessee Rose)

After dinner we all went to the Taj Mahal Lounge for ‘ The physical comedy of Max Winfrey. Very funny, especially when he brought Tracy up on stage to be his assistant. Kirk started the show off by bringing a young girl up on stage and to no one’s surprise ‘New York’ was mentioned and up came Andrew from New York. He performed his funny jumps to prove how much he loved his wife.

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0456.jpg

He's getting better.

She graduates in August, I would say at least 6 months or more. She might be able to bank some overtime and that would give her time off. I'm really hoping we can cruise again in the spring of 2012. :)

I think all your CC friends and review groupies need to start up a collection for Tracey as a graduation gift from the academy. :D;) Ya'll will be needing a cruise by then. What an amazing woman, Wife and Mother Tracey is. Thank You so much for the link to the article on her. I let my DD(9) read it too. I am starting school in the fall and keep telling her that it's never to late to follow your dreams. Reading that article also showed her that you can do and be anything you set your mind to. What a great insipration and role model.

As mentioned earlier, Tracy prefers sitting on the balcony and I prefer sitting up front. Luckily it was my turn because Mitch and I had the pleasure of seeing Tracy brought up on stage.

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

DSC_0477.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg

After the show we went to the ‘Starry Night Lounge’ for ‘Karaoke with Melvin’. I love seeing Tracy get up on stage to sing karaoke but to my dismay she didn't feel like it. I guess she felt like she had enough exposure for one night. :)

These two guys were very good.

DSC_0515.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

The next day we drove the remaining 4 hours to Baltimore. On our way, we stopped at the Cheesecake Factory in Cherry Hill, NJ. Tracy’s favorite restaurant; beside my meal I had a cheesecake in the restaurant and one to go, yummy!

Ah.....you were the my neck of the woods!!! I live in Maryland now, but I'm from the Cherry Hill area and I'm there weekly!

Edited by jerseygirl79

Now for a little love story, this guy brought his girlfriend up on stage and after they sang a duet together he knelt down and proposed to her. If anyone reading this knows who they are I would love to send them the photos, because I don’t believe that their friends took any photographs, since it seemed to be a surprise to everyone.

DSC_0507.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

An hour and 40 minutes and I'm all caught up.

Thanks Mike for another awesome review. So good to "see" the family again. Tell Arielle her beautiful face is missed :(

The Pride is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so excited. I justed book a Balcony on her for Sept 25. It's a girls cruise. Leaving the men at home :D

I think it's great that you met so many CC members on the trip. Everyone has a story and is fascinating getting a peek into not only your life, but the lives of those you encountered along the way.

Also, now I'm convinced, Mitch will one day meet his future wife on a cruise ship, LOL.