Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Pride review (photos, funtimes & more)

MikeyA53

An hour and 40 minutes and I'm all caught up.

Thanks Mike for another awesome review. So good to "see" the family again. Tell Arielle her beautiful face is missed :(

The Pride is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so excited. I justed book a Balcony on her for Sept 25. It's a girls cruise. Leaving the men at home :D

I think it's great that you met so many CC members on the trip. Everyone has a story and is fascinating getting a peek into not only your life, but the lives of those you encountered along the way.

Also, now I'm convinced, Mitch will one day meet his future wife on a cruise ship, LOL.

Thank you jerseygirl79, nice to hear from you again. :):)

Hi Mike & Tracy,

My daughters(2) and are from Prince Edward Island and this is our first cruise we'll be going on (Mar 27). It'll be with Valor and from what I've read and saw of your cruises it looks like we'll have a blast:D Its great to read other "locals" insight on something totally new for me. Good luck Tracy with your training!

Nancy

"West Coast Chick"

Edited by East/West Coast Chicks

Mike,

Loved the pictures when Tracy turned the camera on you!:)

Did you see any Manatees when you were in Port Canaveral?

They seemed to like the warm water from the ships when we were there.

Thanks for the pictures of the Disney ship. She looks awesome.

As usual we had dinner in the Normandie Lounge. Tonight we were served by Joel and Rizal, they were very good and we decided to stay with them for the rest of the week.

Menu

Pridemenuday4a2.jpg

Pridemenuday4b2.jpg

Pridemenuday4c2.jpg

Tracy had Yukon Gold Potato Soup (not on the posted menu) , Rack of New Zealand Spring Lamb Dijonnaise and Bitter and Blanc for dessert. I couldn’t decide what to get for a starter and therefore I had three of them, Tom Ka Gai, Fried Mozzarella With Mixed Greens and Sliced Beef Tenderloin & Noodle Salad, for my entree, Assorted Seafood Newburg Style and for dessert Bitter and Blanc and Tiramisu. Mitchel had Fresh Fruit Cocktail, New Zealand Lamb and no dessert. I guess he wasn’t that hungry after ordering room service not long before dinner.

Fresh Fruit Cocktail

DSC_0559.jpg

Yukon Gold Potato Soup

DSC_0561.jpg

Tom Ka Gai

DSC_0562.jpg

Fried Mozzarella With Mixed Greens

DSC_0563.jpg

Sliced Beef Tenderloin

DSC_0564.jpg

Assorted Seafood Newburg Style

DSC_0565.jpg

Rack of New Zealand Spring Lamb Dijonnaise

DSC_0566.jpg

At 8:30 p.m we attended the ‘Trivia : The Big Screen’ game in the Taj Mahal Lounge. The trivia game consist of naming flags, they show you country flags on the big screen and you have to write down which country it belongs to. I think we got about half of them.

Then it was ‘Family Face Off’ (Family Feud). It was fun to watch, the contestants got a lot of help from the crowd.

DSC_0581.jpg

DSC_0582.jpg

DSC_0583.jpg

The $650 Half Price Bingo was next and we gave it a try, came close, only needed one number to win.

DSC_0584.jpg

The main event for the night was ‘Jazzin’ with the Pride dancers and the vocals of Sam & Danny. It’s not a full production, what I mean is that the band stayed on stage rather than being lowered in the pit, which is at the front of the stage. Because of this the dancers have less room to move around and little or no props are used. It’s still entertaining but not as good as ‘Wonderful World’ and ‘Vroom’.

After the show we went up to deck 9 for ‘Rocking Under The Stars Deck Party’ which also included the late night Mexican Buffet.

The Mermaid Grill at night

DSC_0574.jpg

DSC_0587.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0592.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg

You got some great rates for the hotels on priceline. Any hints on how to get great hotels and rates? How long in advance is best to book on priceline? Thanks

You must do your research and the best way is with Betterbidding at http://www.betterbidding.com/. As to when you should book it defers, sometimes last minutes is best. I also found that the hotel your looking for is available in cycles, again you must do your research to know when is best. Hope this helps. Mike

Mike-

I just got done looking at your photos. Wow we are cruising on the Valor in August for the first time. I cant wait. All of your photos were great. I had a good time reading about your cruise. I hope mine is just as exciting.

Thank you sbcruising11, I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. :)

Wow...you sure do write/photo excellent reviews! Thanks so much for sharing your cruise experience! Loved the last review( multi review ), and absolutely loving this one too!

Congratulations to your wife on her upcoming career change, and best wishes. After 25 years in the airline industry, I gave it up for a totally different career 10 years ago, and I havent looked back! Best wishes to her, and you have a lovely family!:)

Thank you so much, we appreciate it. :):)