Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

WolfpackFan

Whenever we leave out of FLL we stay at the Embassy Suites. It is like our home away from home. With the cocktail reception in the evening and the made to order breakfasts we have found it the perfect beginning to a cruise. Also, it is close to the pier.

Paul

Last year prior to our first ever cruise stayed at the Rodeway Airport/Cruiseport. Free shuttle from airport and to cruiseport. Decent room and free breakfast was good. Downside was it was too far to walk anywhere. This year looking at staying more downtown so appreciate the suggestions on this thread!

I was disappointed that they charge $12 per day for the internet but they do have a small room with two computers that you can use for free. .

If you are a member of the Marriott Rewards program it is free and so is the membership.:)

It has been a while since we've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale (or even been on a cruise for that matter). We're looking at sailing on the Crown Princess for our 40th anniversary (and wife's birthday) next March. We are looking at spending the night before the cruise at something along the lines of Hampton Inn, HI Express, etc. Are there any new ones in the FLL port area that are convenient to the port and have some places to eat dinner at close by? Thanks.

Hampton Inn airport north is across the street from McD's, Wendy's, Subway, Big Lots, liquor, Winn-Dixie, a sports bar & grill, and a block or so from Old Heidelberg German restaurant. It is about 2 miles west of the port.

Hampton Inn airport south is across the street from Kmart, BJs, BN, Marshall's, Ross, Big Lots, movies, arcade, and a few chain restaurants.

HI Express airport/cruiseport isn't in a great location.

HI Express convention center is surrounded by shopping and restaurants and is the closest of these hotels to the port entrance.

We stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites in late November of last year. It is without a doubt the worst motel we have ever stayed at. Our rooms were dirty, had burn holes in the bedspreads and smelled like rotten fish!!! They did change our room, but it still was dirty.

We've stayed there twice pre-cruise and had nothing like your experience ... found the staff to be friendly, professional and competent; our rooms always were clean and tidy and didn't smell at all, and the common areas were clean and well maintained; the free shuttle airport/hotel and hotel/pier went off like clockwork; free breakfast was ample and more than satisfactory. And, last year we were upgraded at checkin from a king room to a suite at no additional charge ... what's not to like about that.

We have stayed at the Sheraton a few times, great location. We don't want to start our holiday in some motel away from the sea, for the sake of a $100 or so. Last time we stayed at the Atlantic Hotel &Spa which was super, beach front and the room was the largest we have been anywhere.

Since then rooms became available at

the Renaissance -- but I am tempted by

the Embassy Suites. I am a big fan of

Marriott's Residence Inn brand and the

Embassy seems to follow the same motif.

You get room suites, free breakfast and

happy hour with drinks and snacks.

The only problem is that the Renaissance

is $149 while the Embassy is almost $200

(Govt and AAA Rate) per night.

So, I am holding out to see which is going

to be the better place to stay.

If you're an HHonors Member, try keying in corp code 0560041604 for a discount at Embassy. It may just be cheaper than AAA rate.

Right now I have 4 hotels booked for

the night before my April 30th Crown

Princess Cruise.

Why four? Because, initially, the one

I wanted (The Renaissance) was sold

out and I decided to book a few other

hotels until I figured out which one to

stay out.

Since then rooms became available at

the Renaissance -- but I am tempted by

the Embassy Suites. I am a big fan of

Marriott's Residence Inn brand and the

Embassy seems to follow the same motif.

You get room suites, free breakfast and

happy hour with drinks and snacks.

The only problem is that the Renaissance

is $149 while the Embassy is almost $200

(Govt and AAA Rate) per night.

So, I am holding out to see which is going

to be the better place to stay.

$183.99 is the hiltonfamilymvp.com rate for Embassy for 4/29. Sign in using your hilton hhonors id.

Everyone,

Really, really appreciate you helping me

out get a better rate at the Embassy Suites.

Firstly, I did check hotels.com for 4/29-4/30

and the rate is above $200. Robgvic, you may

have punched in another date.

2-4me, you saved me $80 on two rooms with

that HHonors number. I signed up for HHonors

but used your corporate code. Rate was $189

per night compared to $218.

Thank you all again.

Be careful of the embassy not to get a room facing the Irish Pub! Kept us awake til it closed at 230a!! Won't return. Has anyone experienced the Hilton Marina? I can recommend the Pelican Grand and Pillars - Two Awesome hotels if you're looking for something really nice

Be careful of the embassy not to get a room facing the Irish Pub! Kept us awake til it closed at 230a!!

6pack,

Oh, I have read that in countless reviews.

Already put a notation in the reservation that

we don't want to be facing the street.

Additionally, we arrive at 10:15am, early enough

to put in a personal request at the desk for a

room in the back.

Be careful of the embassy not to get a room facing the Irish Pub! Kept us awake til it closed at 230a!! Won't return. Has anyone experienced the Hilton Marina? I can recommend the Pelican Grand and Pillars - Two Awesome hotels if you're looking for something really nice

I've stayed at the Hilton Marina. It was nice. The do put the priceline guests in a different tower though, but we got a great rate.

Here's a link for a special at Hyatt North for $89 a night. I haven't stayed there myself, but this is what I'm leaning towards for our pre-Allure cruise stay. http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

We stayed there last year and it was wonderful. Very clean and in close proximity (walking distance) to shopping and restaurants. A few days ago I bid on Priceline and got our room for $50 for May 15, 2011. They accepted my first bid. With tax it was $59 and some change.

Everyone,

Really, really appreciate you helping me

out get a better rate at the Embassy Suites.

Firstly, I did check hotels.com for 4/29-4/30

and the rate is above $200. Robgvic, you may

have punched in another date.

2-4me, you saved me $80 on two rooms with

that HHonors number. I signed up for HHonors

but used your corporate code. Rate was $189

per night compared to $218.

Thank you all again.

Glad it helped. Be sure to come back and let us know how your stay was. I have ES booked for November.

We stayed there last year and it was wonderful. Very clean and in close proximity (walking distance) to shopping and restaurants. A few days ago I bid on Priceline and got our room for $50 for May 15, 2011. They accepted my first bid. With tax it was $59 and some change.

I'd like to bid on the same hotel on Priceline, but I don't know what area of Fort Lauderdale Hyatt Place North is in -- do you know? Any other Priceline bid tips?

I'm so glad to hear your positive comments. I went over to trip advisor, and there are a lot of negative reviews for this hotel, so I've been second guessing before I booked.

Archived