A Pint and the Daily Mail: Cruises on Celebrity Eclipse to Get a Bit More Brit-Frien

LauraS

Someone in RCI/Celebrity has finally got their act together....it was Robin Shaw who made the first move, with Indy, and now Eclipse is going down the same path (stream?)

It will make a big difference to choosing....I've never been inclined to either line because of all the unsavoury additions, although I would have liked to try Indy....Now that they're genuinely trying to compete with the UK lines, it will make choosing more difficult-

Now just to persuade OH back on to a US line....

Jo.

Does any one know how the 15% on drinks will affect the drinks packages,or will the drinks packages now not have the 15% added,as a point of intrest on MSC You can pre order every day a printed british newspaper for a price of course :)

On RCI they used to print the news Headlines on A4 paper so you got the main news a day late, but this was stopped due to cut backs, along with chocolates on the Pillow. I miss them :D

They still do both of these on X, at least they did last year.

Am I the only Brit that does not want RCL/X to make any changes to the brand when they sail out of Southampton? If I wanted British I'd choose P and O, I prefer the American ships so book RCL/X.

Of course I wouldn't say no to cheaper drinks but I'm sure they'll just add the 15% into the final price which I believe is what they do on Indy.

Julie

I'm with you Kernow. On Ventura at Xmas/New Year - did we really need football on every sea day for 7 hours then repeats in the evening ? - I don't think so! Give me US style any day. (I thought the whole idea of a cruise was to get away from the doom and gloom of daily life)

Am I the only Brit that does not want RCL/X to make any changes to the brand when they sail out of Southampton? If I wanted British I'd choose P and O, I prefer the American ships so book RCL/X.

Of course I wouldn't say no to cheaper drinks but I'm sure they'll just add the 15% into the final price which I believe is what they do on Indy.

Julie

You have my support as I prefer the American Ships Too

Julie

I totally agree - I cruise Celebrity because of the American-ness of it all. So long as they don't take away that lovely crispy US bacon and leave only the ghastly fatty lardy UK stuff......

• 1 month later...
Does any one know how the 15% on drinks will affect the drinks packages,or will the drinks packages now not have the 15% added,as a point of intrest on MSC You can pre order every day a printed british newspaper for a price of course :)

as far as i know the tip is added to your total so a classic achohol package would be $313 95 for the week plus the 15% tip which is round about $48 to $50. sure thats what i have paid for my cruise in Nov :confused:

Archived