Transportation from Tilbury Port to London

DiscoMom

I have not seen any updated info from cruisers who disembark in Tilbury and plan to stay in London independently. Hal does offer a bus transfer only if you are staying in one of their hotels. The train ride seems complicated if you have luggage. Are there taxis available?

Thanks,

Lisa

I have not seen any updated info from cruisers who disembark in Tilbury and plan to stay in London independently. Hal does offer a bus transfer only if you are staying in one of their hotels. The train ride seems complicated if you have luggage. Are there taxis available?

Thanks,

Lisa

Last year DH and I contacted two couples online before our Prisendam cruise, which ended in Tilbury, and were able to join them in hiring a van to meet us at the ship take us and our considerable luggage to Southampton to board the QM2 for the return trip to New York. It was about a two hour drive at considerable saving from Taxi fare and of course the driver handled all the luggage. Try contacting a car rental agency and investigate on this website.

When we were in Tilbury last June there were a limited number of taxis at the port. There was also a free shuttle bus operating between the port and the local train station. We overnighted in this port at the end of our cruise and walked to the train station on the first day. When we disembarked (we needed transfers to Southampton) we arranged for a van (3 couples) through a London-based company. If going to London we probably would have also arranged for a private transfer.

Hank

we had private transfer when we went from London to Tilbury 3 years ago....I would be happy to supply you with the company's name (we used them last year again for transfer from London to Southampton and post-cruise Southampton to Heathrow airport) if you are interested - please post a request as the board rules state that tour guides/private transportation recommendations cannot be made unless asked for.

• 11 months later...
we had private transfer when we went from London to Tilbury 3 years ago....I would be happy to supply you with the company's name (we used them last year again for transfer from London to Southampton and post-cruise Southampton to Heathrow airport) if you are interested - please post a request as the board rules state that tour guides/private transportation recommendations cannot be made unless asked for.[/quote

Hi CJcruzer! Am requesting name of your Tilbury Port transfer company? Thanks!

We used Woodford Chauffeur

http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/

Used them for London to Tilbury with another couple 4-1/2 years ago..then 2 years ago we used them again for a transfer with 2 other couples London to Southampton with a stop in Winchester to see cathedral, town and great hall. Also used them with another 2 couples for return after cruise to Heathrow.

Cheryl is wonderful, and they are top notch, She actually remembered me and my enquiry from 2 years earlier.

We used Woodford Chauffeur

http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/

Used them for London to Tilbury with another couple 4-1/2 years ago..then 2 years ago we used them again for a transfer with 2 other couples London to Southampton with a stop in Winchester to see cathedral, town and great hall. Also used them with another 2 couples for return after cruise to Heathrow. Cheryl is wonderful, and they are top notch, She actually remembered me and my enquiry from 2 years earlier.

We learnrd on the Cunard board about the high quality of Woodford, and SmithsForAirports.com. We have been using Smiths for all port and airport transfers, in Britain for the past 4 years, with excellent service.

Cheers:cool:

Archived