Navigator questions.

Skallywag

We are booked on the San Francisco Alaska cruise returning to Vancouver in May 2011 which we are really looking forward to.

Just a couple of questions we cannot seem to find the answer to if anyone can help would be greatly appreciated.

The first is a strange question about bedding - I have an alltergy of feather and wonder what bedding they use please can anyone assist. Also orange juice - I do not like the concentrate orange and wonder if ones such as Tropicana are available.

Also what is the normal embarkation time?

Many thanks

Brenda

Hi Brenda

We have severe allergies to feathers. Ask your cabin steward to replace the pillows with foam pillows. I don't know what is in the comforters but they have not given us any problems.

Can't help you on the juice, all I know is that it is indeed tasty!

I don't drink orange juice, but I am pretty sure the oj on board is not from concentrate. You can get your own fresh squeezed on the pool deck every am, as well as any other fruit/veggie combination you might like as they have a big industrial strength juicer out there. My husband gets his juice every am.

I just ask the steward when we get to the cabin. They are very prompt to fill requests.

Also, you can usually start boarding around noon. We usually get there around 12:30, drop our "stuff" off in the cabin and head to the pool deck for lunch. That is when we ask to replace anything with feathers/down. When we get back its done!

Thank you all so much - very helpful. Just one other question - I only take coffee with coffee mate powder and have usually taken a supply with me. Anyone that drinks coffee perhaps can help with advice on if this is available on board?

Brenda

I drink mine black but once you find the coffee corner, a whole new world will open up to you!!! There is also a coffee machine on the pool deck level. I love that machine! I have never seen packaged creamer anywhere on board, just the real stuff.

I drink mine black but once you find the coffee corner, a whole new world will open up to you!!! There is also a coffee machine on the pool deck level. I love that machine! I have never seen packaged creamer anywhere on board, just the real stuff.

Just curious what coffee corner you are referring to on the Navigator. Do you mean the Navigator Lounge where they have that wonderful coffee machine behind the bar? It's unfortunate that the Navigator does not have a "Coffee Connection" like the two other ships have. Or, has the Navigator turned the bar into a Coffee Connection recently?

In any event, if you need a special creamer, it's best to pack your own. While Regent has a powdered creamer when they sail in U.S. waters (which is fairly seldom with the exception of Alaska), I doubt if there would be a choice of brands.

P.S. I have no clue why they only carry powdered creamer when in the U.S. I asked the question while on board once and was told that it was some type of U.S. requirement:confused:

I haven't been on Mariner yet, but I mix up the two ships I have been on.

In fact, we could have quizzes, like, "where do you find the Stars Lounge on Voyager?" Answer, nowhere! (I went looking for it once, forgot it was on Navigator.) I'll be on Navigator for the second time next year, and will be immediately and thoroughly exploring the entire ship and attempting to figure out where everything is.

Thank you so much for all of your help. Looks as if we may be able to get coffee mate or similar on board but will try and purchase some in San Francisco when we are there before the cruise. Jut wanted to save a bit of weight in my luggage.

Brenda

I haven't been in the galley on the Navigator, but I have on Mariner and Voyager and both (at least when I was there) had orange juice machines - the huge ones that squeeze oranges to make juice, automatically. I tried the OJ on the Navigator and it tasted real to me, so probably they have the same equipment. Taste varies because oranges vary...since I make my OJ every morning at home I rather like it!!

Thank you to everyone for your help it is so reasuring. When we cruised Disney we had to take our own orange. Their excuse is that they are only allowed to use powdered orange for health reasons? Never could understand that so purchased our own when ashore.

Does the Navigator have a coffee corner as I have read about - cannot do without my early morning cup of coffee and what coffee do they do.

Brenda

Thank you to everyone for your help it is so reasuring. When we cruised Disney we had to take our own orange. Their excuse is that they are only allowed to use powdered orange for health reasons? Never could understand that so purchased our own when ashore.

Does the Navigator have a coffee corner as I have read about - cannot do without my early morning cup of coffee and what coffee do they do.

Brenda

The Navigator does not have the same type of Coffee Corner as the other ships. However, in the morning, the Navigator Lounge is set up with coffee and pastries. The coffee machine is the best one we have seen (have been told that it costs in excess of $50,000). There will be someone there to prepare your coffee. Additionally, there is the self-service coffee machine that was mentioned earlier (on the pool deck).

Thank you again everyone for your kind help. Strange every cruise is something different. On our NCL Baltic we had coffee machine in our suite which was excellent. Not so on Disney they say for safety reasons.

Will no doubt find my way around and hopefully come across the coffee machine as that sounds great.

Brenda

I was just off Navigator and I didn't think the orange juice was not from concentrate, but then again I'm not discerning. I thought it was those big prepackaged mix things like they use for everything else.... apple juice, lemonade, fruit punch, etc.

They do have fresh squeezed orange juice available but you have to pay $3.50 for a glass.

I was just off Navigator and I didn't think the orange juice was not from concentrate, but then again I'm not discerning. I thought it was those big prepackaged mix things like they use for everything else.... apple juice, lemonade, fruit punch, etc.

They do have fresh squeezed orange juice available but you have to pay $3.50 for a glass.

This happens all the time. . . . you were on Navigator of the Seas and this is Regent Seven Seas Navigator (sure would be nice if cruise lines could come up with unique names). Hope you had a great cruise.:)

For clarification. . . . there is no charge for almost anything on Regent (except ultra-high end alcohol).

Blackwing,

I think you are commenting on the wrong Navigator. On the RSSC Navigator you can order a giant glass of fresh squeezed OJ and it is free!

For our morning coffee we ordered room service and they brought up a pot of the most amazing coffee. Again, free! It really is like heaven...

Ironically, the 2 ships in port at Ft. Lauderdale at our recent cruise were the Regent Seven Seas Navigator and the Navigator of the Seas. The taxi driver took us to the wrong one. My husband just looked up at the giant and said "I hope this isn't our ship." I, of course, knew it was not (thank heavens).

Another coffee question for the Navigator -

Is there soy milk supplied for those of us with a dairy allergy? If not I will be taking my own! Cant go without my coffee and I have yet to try it black!

If you tell them ahead of time, I am quite sure they will get a supply ready for you.

Archived