Imagination B2B review + RCCL Majesty 4 night

Just off the Majesty 4 night cruise after a B2B on the Imagination. I won't get into the ports other than to say why can't CCL do 3 ports like RCL does on a 4 night cruise from Miami? Cruising at a blistering 8 knots on the Imagination saving fuel gets a bit old. CCL cruises were good overall with a fine dining room experience with an old friend as our waiter. Food was good, service was excellent and overall the Imagination crew did an excellent job.

Lido band had 2 members with only one playing an instrument so the piped in music pretty much sucked. The showband had 4 members with the obvious lack of a horn section (Rccl had a 4 man lido band all playing instruments with no piped in crap and a 7 piece showband complete with sax, trumpet and trombone players).

Platinum gift was the new pen and paper thingy for both CCL cruises. Coco Cay was fantastic on the RCL cruise and I just don't understand why the Imagination does not go to Half moon cay as they have PLENTY of time to do so on the 4 night cruise.

Showtime on both Rcl and CCL were fair at best obvious CCL cutbacks with only 2 male dancers and 6 female dancers. BTW whoever said the reason for the bandmember cutbacks at CCL was due to a lack of crewman berths that is simply not true. I spoke to a bandmember on a CCL sister ship in Nassau and he said they have extra berths and the reason for the cutbacks was to save $$ period.

Lido food on the Imagination lido is so-so other than the mongolian grill. Desserts were dry and just plain terrible. Rccls windjammer is far superior to CCL in selection, setup and quality IMO.

Overall had a good time on both cruiselines, but sorry folks RCCL gets the nod overall once again and I once again see why they consistently sell out there ships at higher prices than CCL.

What cabin did you have on Majesty. The cabins are so small, that I wouldnt do less than a OV, .. unless I had no choice.

I didnt realize you were doing 3 cruises, or am I not understanding..2 Imagination and one RCL?

I too was surprised we did 3 ports on Majesty. We added it as a leg to our Liberty OTS cruise last fall.

Iv got one more Carnival, then I start a couple or more of RCL.

What cabin did you have on Majesty. The cabins are so small, that I wouldnt do less than a OV, .. unless I had no choice.

I didnt realize you were doing 3 cruises, or am I not understanding..2 Imagination and one RCL?

I too was surprised we did 3 ports on Majesty. We added it as a leg to our Liberty OTS cruise last fall.

Iv got one more Carnival, then I start a couple or more of RCL.

Fly, B2B on Imagination (4 and 3 nights) then 4 nights on the Majesty.

OV Cabin deck 7 on Majesty was a bit smaller but more than adequate for a short cruise. I was pleasantly surprised on the Majesty considering it was an older ship. Layout was great, guest services area was huge not the mob of congestion like on any Fantasy class ship. Also the shopping area in a giant circle is far superior to CCLs Fantasy ships were it is all jammed in around the front of the showroom. Also not a bad seat in the the showroom lounge unlike all the obstructions on the 2nd tier on Fantasy class ships. As I said IMO RCL Majesty was better than the Imagination overall and I see why RCL gets more $$ for their cruises. I guess you get what you pay for.

Hope your Elation cruise went well last week??

Fly, B2B on Imagination (4 and 3 nights) then 4 nights on the Majesty.

I did this same B2B in 2009, well almost. Mine was 3 night Imagination followed by 4 night MOS. My assessment was right on par with yours. Doing the 2 short itinerary ships B2B made for a great opportunity to compare. I came to the same conclusion. Majesty was the better cruise, and the fact it includes Coco Cay put it almost out of comparison.

One more thing about Majesty's buffet (Windjammer) being better, it was made even better by the Compass Deli on the second level.

I did this same B2B in 2009, well almost. Mine was 3 night Imagination followed by 4 night MOS. My assessment was right on par with yours. Doing the 2 short itinerary ships B2B made for a great opportunity to compare. I came to the same conclusion. Majesty was the better cruise, and the fact it includes Coco Cay put it almost out of comparison.

One more thing about Majesty's buffet (Windjammer) being better, it was made even better by the Compass Deli on the second level.[/quot

I agree the compass deli was fantastic especially the Cuban sandwiches they were great. Also the sorrentos pizza station was way better than CCLs pizza.

Archived