sub par bridgecams on Pearl & Jewel

cruisenum7

Hi all,

I'm sure most of us on cruisecritic look at cruise lines' bridgecams to see the world, the ports, the sea conditions etc. Surely P&O Australia would have to have the poorest of all the cruiselines? ....and the poorest of the four ships are the the 2 newest ones! Pacific Jewel's view has been "fuzzy" since its last major drydock last year, and Pacific Pearl's webcam has a permanent film of evaporation over its lens.

Webcam technology has come a long way recently and surely it's not a financial burden to get good images up for all cruise customers to enjoy - especially prospective ones..... good marketing I would have thought.

Hi all,

I'm sure most of us on cruisecritic look at cruise lines' bridgecams to see the world, the ports, the sea conditions etc. Surely P&O Australia would have to have the poorest of all the cruiselines? ....and the poorest of the four ships are the the 2 newest ones! Pacific Jewel's view has been "fuzzy" since its last major drydock last year, and Pacific Pearl's webcam has a permanent film of evaporation over its lens.

Webcam technology has come a long way recently and surely it's not a financial burden to get good images up for all cruise customers to enjoy - especially prospective ones..... good marketing I would have thought.

They shocking web cams one would think as you said they have the newest.

what amazing power we have on cruisecritic...... one justified comment from me and they fix it!!! too much of a coincidence to be otherwise....

Crusenum7 - you are a genius - also looks like the Pacific Pearl's bridgecam has now been cleaned and the condensation has disappeared to provide a clear picture again. All P&O has to do to make cruising better is read what us experts here on CC have to say!

PacificPearl.jpg

I think they have done more than just clean them.

Perhaps P&O Australia have splashed out

and put new batteries in them.:D:D

or they got a new web cam

Oh dear!!! P&O finally managed to clean the lens of Pacific Pearl's bridgecam to give us a clear picture, but it only lasted for a couple of days before the cam "seized up". We haven't had an update for 3 days now (since March 1st) and whilst the scene is lovely, it is way out-of-date. C'mon Captain of Pacific Pearl, press the transmit button and give us cruise junkies regular updates again!

PacificPearl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Crusenum7 - you are a genius - also looks like the Pacific Pearl's bridgecam has now been cleaned and the condensation has disappeared to provide a clear picture again. All P&O has to do to make cruising better is read what us experts here on CC have to say!

PacificPearl.jpg

thanks a lot shortstuffy! Isn't it amazing that these huge multi-national companies take the smallest things for granted.... they can't see the forrest from the trees......

anyway, thanks P&O...... but just one more thing..... why don't you put a "position" up on Pearl's bridgecam? You agree Kiwicruiser?

Archived