2011 Saint John, Canada FAQ Guide and Interactive Map for Cruise Ship Visitors

Acey-SJ

Unfortunately access to that area is currently closed due to construction on bridge. You can search for seals on boardwalk - just a short stroll from ship. They aren't always there, but are fun to try and spot once they are as they bob up and down. When in town be sure to check out Freak Lunchbox on King Street near ship (opening soon) - candy store with candy from all over the world.

Is the candy store on King Street? If not where is it located?

I was checking tours and I saw one on Murals near St. John? Have you seen them? Is it worth going to see them?

Last time there we went to St. Andrews and loved it.

Thanks for your hard work in gathering all this information.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Christine,

I think you might mean a tour to Sussex. Does that sound familiar? If that is the one, Sussex is about an hour's drive east of Saint John. It is a small farming town (lots of dairy farms in the area). There are beautiful murals painted throughout the main streets in town. I don't know what else the tour would involve. The weather there is often much hotter in the summer as it is an hour inland.

Loann, You are correct it is Sussex.

I am trying to decide between going to St. Martin and Sussex. Which would you recommend?

We love that area and since we have seen St. John a few times we want to do something different.

Thanks,

I would choose St. Martins as we like to walk and explore nature. It may be cooler temps along the coast but the interesting rock formations and caves and interesting sea life and pebbles along the beach are worth it. I bring my children there at least once a year to explore (we live in Saint John area).

If you are more interested in art, Sussex would probably be a better choice for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have a tour booked for the zip line course and then following that we are booked for the jet boat tour. Is the Harbour Passage Walking Trail still closed? If not how long would it take for us to walk to the zip line? We are coming Oct 12th.

We have a tour booked for the zip line course and then following that we are booked for the jet boat tour. Is the Harbour Passage Walking Trail still closed? If not how long would it take for us to walk to the zip line? We are coming Oct 12th.

It MAY be open by then - but no guarantees as bridge construction scheduling above the trail has disappointed in the past. You can walk there in 30 or less minutes along trail - if it is closed you have to walk St. Patrick Street, across a small bridge, Main Street then Douglas Ave - will add 10 minutes to your walk.

Taxis are cheap here - probably around $7 to get there is a bus can take you from Loyalist Plaza there for $2.75

It MAY be open by then - but no guarantees as bridge construction scheduling above the trail has disappointed in the past. You can walk there in 30 or less minutes along trail - if it is closed you have to walk St. Patrick Street, across a small bridge, Main Street then Douglas Ave - will add 10 minutes to your walk.

Taxis are cheap here - probably around $7 to get there is a bus can take you from Loyalist Plaza there for $2.75

Theres four of us so I guess we will do the taxi thing if the trail is closed. Is there a taxi stand at the drop off area for the jet boats or will they call us one?

Theres four of us so I guess we will do the taxi thing if the trail is closed. Is there a taxi stand at the drop off area for the jet boats or will they call us one?

There will always be a taxi in sight, whether uptown by ship, anywhere uptown and at Fallsview Park where the zip lining is located. There are also jet boat thrill rides leaving from the park that go through the reversing falls rapids.

Thanks for all this great info. We are coming up on the Caribbean Princess in about a week. Is there any specific area where we can find a few art galleries specifically selling paintings? Thanks, Richie

There are a few. Check out Trinity Gallery on the corner of Princess and Germain streets. There is one on Prince William Street. All are just within a few blocks of ship. There are ambassadors to guide you in the right direction once you exit terminal.

Leaving tomorrow on Glory. Have been in your city before so this time I am just wandering the streets and checking out the stores. Is Freak Lunchbox open yet? Looks as if it is from the website. Type of store I love.

Thanks again for all your wonderful information!:D

Leaving tomorrow on Glory. Have been in your city before so this time I am just wandering the streets and checking out the stores. Is Freak Lunchbox open yet? Looks as if it is from the website. Type of store I love.

Thanks again for all your wonderful information!:D

Freak Lunchbox is now open.

You can walk to falls in about 45 min but taxis are very affordable. That is walking the streets. Harbor passage cuts ten to fifteen minutes off if the walk but no word yet on when harbor passage trail will open. Hopefully by October.

• 2 weeks later...