All things Dream!

a3593

We will be going on the Dream in Sept 24th. Can anyone tell me if the steakhouse cost $30 is the only cost someone told me that they charge for all the extras. Also Is the Steakhouse good I heard it was but would like to hear from someone that has actually been. I have alot of meal questions and drink question.

Is water available or do you have to buy it -- drink cards or passes are they available ( non achohlic drinks only )

At the meals someone also told me that if you did not like what was on menu that you could ask for something else ex: if you wanted lobster every night could you get it?

Sorry for all the questions?

Thanks for any help that you can give

We will be going on the Dream in Sept 24th. Can anyone tell me if the steakhouse cost $30 is the only cost someone told me that they charge for all the extras. Also Is the Steakhouse good I heard it was but would like to hear from someone that has actually been. I have alot of meal questions and drink question. never have eaten there, too much free food to pay for extra. sorry

Is water available or do you have to buy it -- drink cards or passes are they available ( non achohlic drinks only )they have bottled water for sale but you can get water at any of the drink and tea areas.

At the meals someone also told me that if you did not like what was on menu that you could ask for something else ex: if you wanted lobster every night could you get it? you have a carnival favorite on the menu evey night but it isnt lobster, it is served one night only. sorry

ask any other questions, someone should be able to help.

Just got off the Dream May 28th. The steakhouse was great. Yes there is a $30 per person charge. Yes it would be xtra to order wine. Yes there is a seperate line on the S&S ticket for a tip. Plan on a 2 hr meal. Water and Tea is included.

I was not impressed with the BBQ, but I am from NC. When you say BBQ it is taken as shoulder slow cooked over a wood fire for 24 hrs chopped up and served on a bun with a side of cole slaw, beans and FF's.

Dont forget something for sea sickness just incase, for some reason the Dream was kinda rocky all over the ship. Didnt matter where you were you could feel the ship rocking. Never had this problem on the Conquest.

Alot of other travelers said the same thing about the dream. I still had a great time though .

Does anyone know if the forward deck on deck 9 of Dream (I think it's called Vista deck) is open to public?

I am thinking about booking 9101, a 4J room.

I know on Destiny only the forward decks on 6 and 7 are open, but one deck 9, it's not open to public. Just wonder if the same goes for Dream.

Also, courtesy of Lady Jag:

Try the Mongolian Wok early in the week and if possible, before or after the "peak" times.

Watch out for the lounge chairs on the Lanai during sail away - my mom's and our friend's pants got spotted with black soot from the chairs.

There are 2 hot tubs on deck 11 that are rarely used.

You can order room service from your TV. If you try to order a lunch item by phone and are denied because "it's breakfast hours only," order through the TV and you'll get anything on the menu. (I suspet you might get it faster than a phone order, too, since they can't "warn" you that it will take 45-60 minutes.)

DON'T miss "Dancing in the Streets" in the main show lounge.

I didn't think the Welcome Aboard laser show was that spectacular, but hubby said the Pink Floyd laser show was awesome. It was also less crowded, so you can watch it from a lounger on deck.

If they have a "Mardi Gras" themed deck party, stay alert! Those beads can be hard to see at night amidst the flashing big screen and fog machines, and they hurt like ____ if they hit you in the face!

Thank You! :)

We're going to be in a Cove Balcony- what are people's thoughts on those?

We're excited for our cruise! Please keep the info coming!

We also booked the Cove Balcony. I don't think there was one bad review about this stateroom. Can't wait until 3/17/2012 :)

We will be going on the Dream in Sept 24th. Can anyone tell me if the steakhouse cost $30 is the only cost someone told me that they charge for all the extras. Also Is the Steakhouse good I heard it was but would like to hear from someone that has actually been. I have alot of meal questions and drink question.

Steakhouse is great - worth the thirty dollars. Have heard that the $30 includes tip but that you can tip additionally if you wish.

Is water available or do you have to buy it -- drink cards or passes are they available ( non achohlic drinks only )

You can get water from the tap in your room or from the diensers on the Lido deck.

At the meals someone also told me that if you did not like what was on menu that you could ask for something else ex: if you wanted lobster every night could you get it?

You can order anything you wish off the menu.... sadly, you can't get lobster every night!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Does anyone know which day of the week they have the "Behind the Fun" tour during the Western Caribbean itinerary?

Behind the fun tours are the last sea day - they have two tours only - so get yourself signed up as soon as you get on board.

Great thread. We are thinking of going in August. Anyone book a Spa cabin? Is it worth it?

I didn't have a spa cabin last time, but booked one this time just so I could have access to the "VIP" spa area with the mineral pool, saunas and steam rooms. I paid for it extra on my last trip and it was well worth it. Now I get to enjoy it again, have a smoke free room and a few extras too.

I'd say go for it, but don't book on the 12th deck unless you don't want a cover over your balcony. And be aware of the side that has the gym above it.

Shyla, we have a very active Roll Call for that cruise here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1167506

Feel free to join in if you'd like. Some are more rowdy than others, but we're all a friendly bunch!

can someone tell me where the self service laundry locations are on Dream? TIA:)

Each deck has a laundry facility. We didn't use it but did take advantage of the laundry service - gave our steward a bag full of laundry at 10 AM and it was in our room clean and folded by 4 PM...$15 for everything we could stuff in there. Made it nice to have at least a few things washed...

And another hint - take a look at what you are packing (clothes-wise) and at least cut it in half. I did not use 1/3 of the clothes I took and we went to dinner every night.