Can you switch from traditional dining to select dining once on board?

HalfMoon

Sailing the Eclipse in 4 weeks. My agent will supply an OBC that I want to use towards gratuities. However, with a baby we would like to go with select dining and that requires us to prepay gratuities.

Can I book traditional dining now and then once on board ask to switch to select dining and have them charge my shipboard account? Is there any issue with this?

Can't help with question of tips but I know you can change to Select once onboard providing they have the capacity. Select has become very popular and they don't have a really large area allocated to Select. You have to weigh up the pros and cons of either having the dining service you want or keeping your OBC intact. I think I heard that if you change to Select they then charge your account with the full amount of the tips rather than on a daily basis. I would call Celebrity and ask.

You can if space is available. They will bill the tips to your account each day. May take a few days to notice the change. I would switch as soon as possible, Call your TA and ask them to make a switch.

I have heard (although I don't have hard facts) that you can switch to Select in the first 24 hours of boarding the ship (and if they have room). They charge your on-board account the prepaid gratuities on that second day (24 hours) and then you can't adjust it, as you could with regular automatic tips.

Archived