OK What Shall We call it

sludger

RUGBYPPSIE

I see you did a vogages to Antiquity cruise - have u done a review somewhere ?? very interested to know what the ship is like!!!

Sorry to digress from the topic momentarily..I did not book the V to A cruise intended for this year as we had a rush of blood and bought an acreage on the Central Coast the day before we left on a cruise..virtually sight unseen. That has left us with two properties to sell etc. etc. part of the other stuff that gets in the way. Also there has been large scale political unrest in two of the areas we were most interested in....sooo V t A is definately on the list for next year.

You can read about V t A under the boards marked "other cruise lines". Ship looks good and teething problems seem to be sorted.

This is the closest we have come in the 4 or so years I have been a member to either renaming this forum or starting another one more relevant to the industry here in Australia.

I have posted quite rarely over the years because I find most of the threads on here to be fairly and squarely dominated by P&O Australia aficionados.

Any suggestion that P&O may not be all it is cracked up to be promotes torrents of posts some of these very nasty.

I have also noticed that any thread that in any way is anti P&O or pro any other cruise line quickly gets spammed with comments that have little or nothing to do with the thread. This leads, I believe, in stifling any discussion because people do not want to read about whether someone's favourite cat has just died and whether they have had a good trip on their latest P&O cruise.

Surely if these people are so friendly with each other they can email each other and not hijack threads which could promote discussion about improving the standard of and value for money of cruising for people who want to holiday with other cruise lines other than P&O Aust.

Anyway here's hoping we get the forum sorted.

Paul

Paul

Don't get too excited just yet! :D

The CC Forums are just a sub-section of the CC.com website. These Forums have for many years been primarily split into Sub-forums based on Cruiselines. Hence we have P&O UK, P&O AUS, Cunard, etc.

The sub-forum that you can see now called "UK CRUISING" , split into two further sub-forums UK Cruisers and The Pub, came about after CC created a whole new website dedicated to the UK market CC.CO.UK. I have no idea what will eventuate out of all this - but I would have my doubts that CC would create a separate website cc.com.au as they did for the UK market. Perhaps they will simply create a new Forum only?? Perhaps they will leave it unchanged.

Barry

This is the closest we have come in the 4 or so years I have been a member to either renaming this forum or starting another one more relevant to the industry here in Australia.

I have posted quite rarely over the years because I find most of the threads on here to be fairly and squarely dominated by P&O Australia aficionados.

Any suggestion that P&O may not be all it is cracked up to be promotes torrents of posts some of these very nasty.

I have also noticed that any thread that in any way is anti P&O or pro any other cruise line quickly gets spammed with comments that have little or nothing to do with the thread. This leads, I believe, in stifling any discussion because people do not want to read about whether someone's favourite cat has just died and whether they have had a good trip on their latest P&O cruise.

Surely if these people are so friendly with each other they can email each other and not hijack threads which could promote discussion about improving the standard of and value for money of cruising for people who want to holiday with other cruise lines other than P&O Aust.

Anyway here's hoping we get the forum sorted.

Paul

gee that is so well said and so agree able.

Paul

And YOU haven't posted anything irrelevant?? :confused: That's a funny one.:D Why do you object so much to posters saying they enjoyed their latest P&O cruise? It's not hurting you or causing anyone grief. After all that is what this forum is about. I'm happy if people say they enjoyed their RCI cruise, Princess or Norwegian cruise. Surely to cruise is the most important thing.

Anyway, why don't you start you own forum? You could say whatever you like then and wouldn't have to put up with us lowly P&O 'aficionados'. Actually I just love cruising.

Also, I'm curious, Sludger. Does it boost your self esteem to make nasty remarks all the time? I bet in real life, underneath all your bluster and bullying, you are are just a sweet little pussy cat who wouldn't hurt a fly!

The OP started this thread because he has a grudge against P&O aus.

To the point that he wants the name obliterated from everywhere.

Actually he may get his wish in a year or two.

Its my prediction that Carnival will remove the brand, just like OV.

It would be the end of a wonderful era.

And YOU haven't posted anything irrelevant?? :confused: That's a funny one.:D Why do you object so much to posters saying they enjoyed their latest P&O cruise? It's not hurting you or causing anyone grief. After all that is what this forum is about. I'm happy if people say they enjoyed their RCI cruise, Princess or Norwegian cruise. Surely to cruise is the most important thing.

Anyway, why don't you start you own forum? You could say whatever you like then and wouldn't have to put up with us lowly P&O 'aficionados'. Actually I just love cruising.

Also, I'm curious, Sludger. Does it boost your self esteem to make nasty remarks all the time? I bet in real life, underneath all your bluster and bullying, you are are just a sweet little pussy cat who wouldn't hurt a fly!

becuase its a public forum and he is aload to with out attacking any one

Now, now girls let's all settle down.

OK Mummy! We'll try, but it's boring :D

We'll all maybe get our wish soon.

Oh, please God! I wish!

One should read all posts by someone before making dopey comments about what people like or dislike.

Yes, yes, YES, one should, shouldn't one? I agree wholeheartedly. And people shouldn't sit in judgment on others just because they have had the good fortune to enjoy their cruises.

OK Mummy! We'll try, but it's boring :D

Oh, please God! I wish!

Yes, yes, YES, one should, shouldn't one? I agree wholeheartedly. And people shouldn't sit in judgment on others just because they have had the good fortune to enjoy their cruises.

that is is so well said and what a great post I agree.

I vote YES for change, I think that's 167 to 2 in favour now.

Seriously, if they decide against change I will not be posting here on the P&O Australia forum again, which will please a few of the girlys.

Our next 2 cruises are both overseas, this is purely because the ships that cruise there are so much better and much more value for money than the old 2nd and 3rd hand vessels that are here.

We have to fly from WA anyway so it's only a little more money (given the price of domestic air travel) and time.

Perhaps with Carnival and Celebrity coming this will change.

Viva la revolution!

A lot of us are acting like girlys

Paula

Hehehe. Aren't we, pussy cat? Now you're talking. It's time we all had a good laugh. Nothing better than a sense of humour!

Hang about, this is a cruise forum. I'd better mention the word "cruise".

What ship would you most like to cruise on Sludger, if you could have your choice?

Seriously, if they decide against change I will not be posting here on the P&O Australia forum again, which will please a few of the girlys.

Our next 2 cruises are both overseas, this is purely because the ships that cruise there are so much better and much more value for money than the old 2nd and 3rd hand vessels that are here.

We have to fly from WA anyway so it's only a little more money (given the price of domestic air travel) and time.

Viva la revolution!

Im with you. even if they do not change ill still post here.

Viva la revolution!

Sludge,,

Carnival own and control P&O and other cruise lines.

Carnival is the one who decides which ships are 'given' to P&O Aus, whether they are 2nd,3rd or 4th hand.

wlat has all ready said wht the bosses think quote

OK, mates, the ball is rolling. The possibilities are being seriously explored by the Cruise Critic management and something may be happening soon.

Stay tuned. You'll see an announcement if/when it happens.

Walt Tuthill

Cruise Board Moderator

To contact me, hostwalt@cruisecritic.com

Me thinks, Thied 'runs with the hares and the hounds'.

well it is true Ill post any way weather we have a forum change or not and so will many others.

Sludge,,

Carnival own and control P&O and other cruise lines.

Carnival is the one who decides which ships are 'given' to P&O Aus, whether they are 2nd,3rd or 4th hand.

we all know that carnival owns P&O cruise lines australia.

Archived