OK What Shall We call it

sludger

Does it really matter what its called ?? :rolleyes:

At the end of the day its only a forum.;)

You know there is LIFE out there in the real world.:D:p

Nah Dennis there really isn't.

There's cruising..there's thinking about cruising, there's talking about cruising, there's wasting time on forums about cruising, reading newsletters about cruising and then there's all that other stuff that gets in the way of cruising:D

I would vote for Australia/NZ cruising.

There's cruising..there's thinking about cruising, there's talking about cruising, there's wasting time on forums about cruising, reading newsletters about cruising and then there's all that other stuff that gets in the way of cruising:D

Love it. :D:):p

I would vote for Australia/NZ cruising.

HaHa...... you are sooooo right!!!!:D

Big YES from me too.

Why? Because it took me forever to find anything related to Sun Princess because I sure as heck didn't think to look under P&O Australia Cruising! I found it by mistake one day when I was researching....you guessed it.....another cruise! Too late for my Sun P cruise though :o

Soooooso YES YES YES YES YES YES YES......Yes, we do have lives outside (albeit shallow and sheltered LOL) so it would make it quicker for newcomers to hone in on what they need and then become part of the community!

WALT????? Ya listening Walt???? Earth to Walt? OZ control to Major Walt??? :p

Why don't they just leave it as PO Australia and other Australian cruises start their own site. I initially came on as I am on a PO cruise April. 10th cruise with various cruiselines. It seems other cruise lines have gatecrashed and then just bag PO-now they want to take it over and rename it. I like things neat and tidy-when researching I liike to see something more specific than just a general Australian site. Maybe Rhapsody, Princess need their own. When researching for other cruises I've been on I haven't encountered so many 'gatecrashers' who then want to rename it and make it their own. I wish they would get off this one-go on their own site and stop bagging PO. Leave it to the genuine PO cruisers. I have to scroll through all the Rhapsody's & Princess threads to read the relevant ones.

big yes from me too.

Why? Because it took me forever to find anything related to sun princess because i sure as heck didn't think to look under p&o australia cruising! I found it by mistake one day when i was researching....you guessed it.....another cruise! Too late for my sun p cruise though :o

soooooso yes yes yes yes yes yes yes......yes, we do have lives outside (albeit shallow and sheltered lol) so it would make it quicker for newcomers to hone in on what they need and then become part of the community!

Walt????? Ya listening walt???? Earth to walt? Oz control to major walt??? :p

lol lol lol

Like others, I'm intrigued why the title of this thread remains P&O Cruises (Australia), when it obviously isn't.

If the title isn't to be changed, at least the sticky should be changed from "This board covers more than just P&O Australia cruises" to something more appropriate, such as "This board covers all cruise lines of interest to Australians/NZs."

I agree with rugbypopsie's comment.

Unless my maths are wrong its 38 for and one against.

So a name change is on, I personally be happy with Australia an NZ cruising but would not worry if it was called New Zealand & Aus cruising.

Anything that more represents what this forum should now be about would be acceptable to me.

The fact that it appears to be a P&O Aust. forum stops discussions before they start.

I personally want to discuss all the positive and negative aspects of all cruise lines that come to our shores without having to run the gauntlet of sometimes abusive comments from people who will not hear anything but positive comments about P&O Aust.

Hi all i have just sent our illustrious leader Walt an email in regards to this thread....we once before had a vote which kept the name the same but things have changed heaps since then and with more ships headed our way i think it's time to go official with the voting for a name change .......lets hope Walt gets back to us soon...cheers Shiona

Shiona

Sorry to hear that you missed out on Arcadia to Southampton. Kept an eye out for you when we arrived Brisbane - but (obviously) didn't see you.

Disembarkation from Arcadia in Brisbane was a shambles - just a bit smaller one than disembarkation in Southampton (which was a giant shambles). Brisbane - because there are no baggage trolleys . Ever tried moving along a line to Customs/Immigration, moving along at 2 foot at a time - and you have 10 bags of assorted sizes with no trolley (World cruise=lots of bags) . And Southampton is a shambles because 2000 passengers are trying to exit the baggage "shed" onto a footpath that takes about 100 at the most (all trying to get a taxi, etc). Actually, that is verging on dangerous.

Barry

Shiona

Sorry to hear that you missed out on Arcadia to Southampton.

Barry

Yeah real bummer but i wouldn't have enjoyed myself, wore the last of the knee out walking around Rome for 3 days:D:D op has improved my walking holding out for new shock absorbers which i believe are being trialled it will save on partial knee replacement which of course i am tooo young for.....our deposit is okay so we are looking at similar for early 2013......which isn't that far away....loved your blog and thoroughly enjoyed armchair cruising with you and Christine.....hope to meet up again someday...been 2 yrs since our N.Z cruise....cheers Shiona

SORRY FOR THE HIJACK.....back on track now.......

Unfortunately, it seems that a change of name for this Forum would not fit into the basic structure of CC's forums. They are mostly based on Cruiselines - and not areas of "cruising". Although there are sub-forums relating to ports - there appear to be no sub-forums relating to areas of cruising - eg Australasia, Mediterranean, Caribbean, etc. Hence, if you want to discuss cruising in the Caribbean, there is no one specific forum for this.

Barry

Unfortunately, it seems that a change of name for this Forum would not fit into the basic structure of CC's forums. They are mostly based on Cruiselines - and not areas of "cruising". Although there are sub-forums relating to ports - there appear to be no sub-forums relating to areas of cruising - eg Australasia, Mediterranean, Caribbean, etc. Hence, if you want to discuss cruising in the Caribbean, there is no one specific forum for this.

Barry

So that's another yes then!

Archived