Interesting news about "bags to go"

celticlady

I probably should have posted this somewhere else, but I wasn't sure where to do it. Anyway, I found out today that "Bags to Go" no longer offers services from the port through the airline checkpoint at FLL. You have to retrieve your bags from a storage area and bring them through yourself and print you own boarding pass. I arranged the service anyway as it is still more convieient to do so rather than lug our large suitcase and hanging bag around until we depart ( our flight out is not until 4:30). I had no idea that the other service is no longer available:(.

Is this the same as what I believe is called EZ Check? Since you're flying international could changes only apply to your type of flight & not domestic? I'm sure someone who recently returned from FLL will have the latest info.

Is this the same as what I believe is called EZ Check? Since you're flying international could changes only apply to your type of flight & not domestic? I'm sure someone who recently returned from FLL will have the latest info.

No. Bags-to-go" was a Southwest Airlines only program where you could check your bags and receive a boarding pass after exiting the terminal with your luggage. (for a fee, of course)

There have been some posts that Southwest now partcipates in EZ Check, but I do not know if that is accurate.

No. Bags-to-go" was a Southwest Airlines only program where you could check your bags and receive a boarding pass after exiting the terminal with your luggage. (for a fee, of course)

There have been some posts that Southwest now partcipates in EZ Check, but I do not know if that is accurate.

Actually according to their website,"bags to go" participates with several airlines. My understanding from an employee is that there are 2 companies with similar names: Bags to Go and Bags To Go Inc. Not sure about if it is the same as EZcheck. I looked back on some old posts I had saved and someone had said that EZcheck was actually done by Bags to Go. So I am not sure. I am still researching. If I found a company that printed boarding passes and brought bags all the way through I would book them. *But I don't think that it is possible anymore. I think TSA wants the owner of the bags to drop them off personally. If anyone knows someone different please advise. Thanks

Southwest now participates. We used Southwest EZ Check on our last 2 cruises.

Archived