All things EARTH...

Margaret, I love that shirt. I am very drawn to the high low look, and those colors are really good. I think the question, for me personally, is how the front would lay. Sometimes, shirts tent out over the girls and it isn't a good look for me. I don't do that as much anymore, so it depends on how it is tailored.

Oh, that red lace dress is sooooooo me. I think the price is pretty good too! Not only can I see myself wearing this on a cruise or at a wedding, I can wear that to the Christmas party next year....

The brown one is very beautiful also. Boy, I wish I could wear higher necklines! But I can wear a lot of things I couldn't wear before.

I'm glad you made those posts, Margaret. Not only do I love the links, it reminds me to check online at different stores. I'm looking forward to checking the whole website later on today.

And that dress with the mirror paisley pattern? Wow. It's almost like artwork. I think that would look gorgeous in a deep wine color, don't you?

My husband and I will be braving the mall soon. I only need to get a few small things, and I probably could avoid it altogether. However, I got my husband an early gift by buying him a new suit a couple weeks ago. I made sure it could be exchanged, and decided not to wait and I had him try it on. I guessed wrong. :rolleyes: The biggest thing is I bought a tailored fit instead of a classic fit. We thought we would go up today, exchange the suit, have lunch and then pick up those last few items.

After that, it's cookie making time. Or at least the beginning.

Did I tell you I found a recipe for a white Christmas martini? I know, that has nothing to do with baking, lol. But it sure looks tasty and festive.

Mousey, have a wonderful cruise!!!

And when my daughter and I were shopping a week or so ago, I found a great necklace for that fit flair floral dress. I think it's ideal for our specialty dinner night on the upcoming cruise, but I was looking forward to wearing another dress that night so I will have to choose, or have all of you help me!

Laurie, I love the ribbon detailing around the torso on that red dress. When I was thinking of you, I realized that all the holiday hoopla disguises the fact that February is just around the corner, really. You must be very excited. It will make your post-holiday lull less lullish.

I love Steinmart. I go there every time I visit Sarasota. It is such a habit, it never occurred to me that they have a website. Shockingly old school of me, I know! The jewelry selection in the store is so much better than what they have on the website, though. Still, I did find a couple of tops I might get.

It's good that I worked on our documents this week, because both our passports expire in May! Guess what I've been doing this morning.

DH had his first outing... we went to the diner for breakfast. In all the years we've been going there, we've never sat at the counter. A first! Later we will walk to Walgreens to get new passport photos taken. That will be plenty of excitement for him for the day. :)

Cookies are done, cranberry/orange bread in oven, fudge next...glad I went to the gym first. Next week it's American Girl doll store (saints preserve me & my wallet!) with two youngest DGDs. Better rest up! Melody

Cookies are done, cranberry/orange bread in oven, fudge next...glad I went to the gym first. Next week it's American Girl doll store (saints preserve me & my wallet!) with two youngest DGDs. Better rest up! Melody

Luckily my granddaughter is into the fake American Girl dolls . They are really pricey .

There isn't a Steinmart around here, unfortunately. I would love to have one around here.

I was excited about Nordstrom Rack opening in our mall, but it was very disappointing to visit. I didn't find anything to appeal to me, for some reason.

When we were at the mall, I stopped in Lord and Taylor. They are often out of my price range, but they have some good sales. There was a little flier that came in the mail, and they had this pretty bracelet that I thought would go beautifully with one of my dresses. Unfortunately, it didn't say who made it, how much it was, etc. So I asked one of the ladies at the jewelry section. She didn't find it, and she asked another lady if she knew where it was. While we were standing there, I looked down and saw a bracelet almost exactly the same. However, it wasn't a good price. I had some coupons and I was contemplating it but the my husband said "I'm buying it for you for Christmas". I told him it was more than I thought he should spend, but he knew I really wanted it so he bought it. That was very sweet of him.

Margaret, you are right, my cruise is not far away at all. I was thinking about that today as it's only 2 months away. Then my next cruise is about 3 1/2 months after that! I am thinking that we will not be going on another cruise until July 2017. We are looking at cruising to Alaska for our anniversary that year, and it tends to run pretty expensive. This will give me time to save up some funds.

Laurie, Nordstrom Rack is a lot like TJMaxx, Marshals & Ross. If you don't see something today, you probably will. That being said Nordstrom Rack is coming to Colorado Springs (yay! I won't have to drive to Denver for shoes). We just had a Steinmart open a couple of months ago, great costume jewelry, I've found 2 gorgeous necklaces there.

My DH does the same thing if he knows I really want something he can't be stopped

Melody

Sally, where is the new mall?

The Nordstrom Rack I go to in New Jersey is pretty good. I almost always find something there, especially work clothes. Occasionally shoes, but since I wear a 7 there can be very limited choice in sale shoes for me.

L&T is a bit steep, but I shop the sales and use the discounts I get by having a card. I don't use store cards often since they don't give me FF miles, but I will if it's a good brand like a Calvin Klein item deeply discounted. Last week online I got my Clinique Bonus plus five little freebies, plus the free shipping saved me $5 in subway fare. Always fun to get a deal!

I had to wear my down coat for the first time today. :( But, I finally put up a little tree so it's starting to feel like Christmas around here.

The new mall is not really new it has been there for a year . It is on University Ave. ( that is the road where Sarasota airport is ) where University meets 75 . There is also a Steinmart very close to it and a giant Target and many other shops .

http://www.mallatutc.com/

I used to love Lord & Taylor when I lived in new Jersey .I think Dillards is a little like it .

It's funny you mention the gym, Melody. My insurance will not reimburse us a certain amount if we have 50 visits within a 6 month span. That equates out to two visits a week, with two extras (52 visits total). We went on vacation one week, and then there was the weekend we went to Lake Placid. I made up one visit. I will end up with 51 visits total. My husband, on the other hand, also had some out of town training, so we both went last night. Somehow, he will need to visit 5 more times to reach 50, and we currently have plans for 4 visits more. We will be there tomorrow, Saturday, the following Monday and then Wednesday.

We decided a while back that we were going to go and stick to our routine, which we have. We have not once said "oh, I'm tired. Let's skip the gym tonight." There is nothing you can do if you are out of town, but use the gym at the hotel or on the cruise ship, which we have. But that doesn't count with insurance. For us, we would be kicking ourselves greatly if we missed out on the reimbursement for one visit, so I told my husband that we may go on Sunday, and walk some laps around the track. :D:D

Anyway, it was a shorter visit yesterday, we were there just an hour. But I fit a lot in to that hour. One thing that is challenging me right now is these squats I'm doing with the weights...I never thought I'd see myself with some sort of barbell across my shoulders, but my husband challenged me to it so I do three sets of ten with 15 pounds on each side. That isn't much, but it is a start.

If you have done these before or are thinking of doing them, they can be a bit tough on the knees at first. What I like is that we use a machine, if you will, that has a safety device incorporated in case I drop it or have trouble. I didn't know what it was called and I couldn't remember the manufacturer, but it is kind of like this:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13045541

Anywhooo...If I eat too many cookies, the extra visits to the gym this week will be a good thing, lol.

One thing we don't have at the gym is a pool. Water Zumba sounds like it would be fun! I love to watch all the different classes that take place at our gym. I don't think I could follow them well with my hearing loss. They have a class that is like Zumba and step aerobics combined, I think it is called Group Blast. It looks very challenging! I may try this class they have that is like Pilates. If I sit in the back, can't mess everyone up. My daughter has talked about going with me and she said she could help me. She works all sorts of different hours though.

I just finished wrapping gifts, cookies are all done except for the cutouts and one other kind which I'm making tomorrow. I'll also do laundry and ironing and go grocery shopping tomorrow. Christmas Eve morning, I will make a few things that I didn't want to prepare too far ahead.

Anita, I hope you found the recipe you were looking for to make a whole salmon.

Margaret, I hope things are going well for your husband. He seems to be doing so well, and it's only been what...a week and half or two weeks since his surgery? When is he expected to be able to go back to work? His progress has been amazing.

Sally, I've been curious about aqua Zumba but I've never had the opportunity. It sounds fun.

Laurie, like you I have a gym schedule that I try to stick to no matter what (present month excluded, of course). I did actually sneak out to Zumba on Sunday and it felt so good to move around.

We measured the walk we've been doing twice a day and it is .6 miles, and DH is doing it with just a cane now. He is really doing well and if anything I worry about him overdoing it. He still has a lot of healing going on even though he isn't having much pain. Today all he's had is aspirin, which he's really only required to take for the blood-thinning. We expect he'll be released from home PT tomorrow and start outpatient PT at a nearby clinic on Monday. Until today we have been SO fortunate in the weather and it's been great to have some outside time. Neither one of us is normally a homebody.

For Christmas I'm getting my toilet ripped out. Apparently there is a leak between us and the apartment downstairs. Yay. I just love having my bathroom torn up (again).

On the bright side, DH's boss sent us a lovely bottle of champagne, so we decided to have a champagne brunch on Christmas (I'm making quiche). It's supposed to be 65 and sunny! I've had colder Christmases in Florida!

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy all the goodies you've made and the friends and family you have with you. For me it will mean lots of skyping, but though it's not the Christmas I would want, I am still very thankful for the blessings of this past year.

If you have a Christmas outfit, I hope you share it with your EARTH friends!

Merry Christmas to all. I survived the American Girl Doll store (& Disney & Lego store), wallet isn't too badly singed & there are two very happy DGDs with beautifully coiffed dolls (the dolls had makeovers). Hope your travels are safe & your stockings are full of health & happiness for the new year. MelodyImageUploadedByForums1450968913.269572.jpg.19a0818dd00a7abad50a0adb51d5579e.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1450968809.120501.jpg.4715a7fdcecb474e913aa8dc37c1aa2b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1450968843.806893.jpg.79bb8485d9e1193d5805eb9439f187cd.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1450968866.719392.jpg.086b1f83faf879216d7c25ca815a1cb0.jpg

I wish you all a very wonderful Christmas! I'm feeling very blessed and loved this year...I have a wonderful job and family, cruises on the horizon and wonderful friends here on this thread.

I hope you all have a great holiday! I will be taking some pictures to post. I can do a pictodiary of my holiday festivities! Unless the White Christmas Martinis are really good, as I may forget to take pictures after a few of those, lol.

I will behave. :D

Hello all! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was wonderful, but very busy. As a result, I didn't get to take the pictures I had hoped for.

I have just been doing a little bit of virtual shopping. I say virtual, because I'm not really buying anything. I do like it when I find something I like, and then I'm on the hunt to see who has it for the best price. I was revisiting Stein Mart to look at the dress Margaret had pointed out to me. While I was there, I noticed that some dresses come in a few colors. Unlike most sites, which will show the dress separately for each color, this didn't seem to be the case.

I found this dress:

http://www.steinmart.com/prelude-scale-pattern-beaded-sheath-dress-zid25-53463311/cat-25-catid-20?var_id=25-57602591&_t=pfm%3Dshopping_cart%26pfmvalue%3Dtitle

It could be my monitor, but it looked like a wonderful earth gold to me. I liked that it wasn't overly light, at least the beading gives it more color.

Since I really want a truly formal shorter dress as a second formal night option on a 7 day cruise, or perhaps for a 3 or4 day cruise, this caught my eye. Right now, I'm trying to see if anyone has it cheaper but I haven't found it anywhere but Stein Mart so far, and it's not on sale.

I love a lot of the Sue Wong dresses that are on Ideel, but they tend to be quite light in color. Also, because they are light, it can be difficult to see if they are warm or cool sometimes. I know that light colors aren't my best, which seems a bit odd to say, considering a few of my long dresses that are my more recent purchases are light in color.

I'm not sure I would be able to have that neckline work, but I'd try it. I think I can wear higher necklines than I used to, but it does make the fact that I'm not too proportional more obvious.

I love the look of the necklines you see now, they just don't work with my shape that well. I though of you immediately though, Margaret.

Melody, I agree, the back on that dress is beautiful. Laurie, I would give that gold a try. I think it might be EARTH, too, and the neckline is wide and open enough that it might work for you very well. I would be tempted myself but I just don't have anything coming up that would justify the purchase.

I have been following the story of the grounding of the Star Pride with interest, since it is the sister ship of the Breeze and Isla de Coiba is one of our stops in March. It is a lesson in having trip insurance (which we always do now because of my parents).

I've been working on the photo album for our 2012 trip to Australia, and it has me excited for our next adventure. I had just started losing weight then and seeing those photos of myself has me motivated to get back to work on my weight.

I got a Fitbit for Christmas so that should help!

Melody, my original post yesterday was quite long, and before I had a chance to post it, I lost it so some things were left out when I retyped it.

First, your granddaughters are so cute! I bet they had a wonderful time with the dolls. One of my daughters wanted one when she was little, but they were out of my price range. She settled for reading the books, which she loved also.

Right now, I'm looking for a Stein Mart coupon. I think it would be worth at least trying that dress. It is very dressy and elegant. A lot depends on the fit, so we will see.

I was looking at bathing suits, since I need a new one. I have two right now that I can wear from Athleta, but one fits rather so-so. I have some trouble getting ideal coverage on the bottom half of my body, so I tend to lean towards skirted bottoms for modesty.

I sometimes find suits at Swimsuitsforall, and since they start at size 8, I can still buy from them.

I found a few that I thought were nice, and might be more modest on the bottom. Most of their skirted suits tend to be a bit too matronly looking for me right now.

This one appeared to be a great color, at least on my monitor:

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/Tropiculture-Bordeaux-Necklace-Swimsuit

This here is a unique color. I wouldn't call it earth, but it has some warm qualities to it:

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/Tropiculture-Crimson-Bandeau-Halter-Plus-Size-Sheath-Swimsuit

This one isn't earth, but I still like it. I used to have it in brown before it got too big, and it's a wonderful swimsuit.

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/Tropiculture-Amarena-Crossover-Swimsuit

What are your thoughts on these?