All things EARTH...

I was looking for the suits online but I didn't see any brown ones. I have a gift card from Christmas so I should get myself to Kohl's before my trip!

We ended up getting 11" of snow, which is much less than expected, but still a lot for the city. It was a messy commute today and parking is tricky, but we survived.

My cold is much better, thank you. After four days of not going out, I was pretty antsy last night. I couldn't do Zumba yesterday, so I did one of my old yoga tapes at home. Today I am sore in places I forgot about. :)

I completely forgot that Jane was in Connecticut. I too hope that she is safe and warm.

We are expected to get around 8 inches of snow tonight. It's underway, but it is a slower, steadier snow. The roads are so messy. It's rather windy here too, so it is hard for the plow drivers to keep things clean.

I really have to get back to taking a vacation during the winter! I really want to get away from this.

I still haven't taken a picture of my soft gold dress while wearing it, so I will do that soon. There is also another dress. I kept debating about some of the other dresses. I really like the coral dress a lot. I don't know if it would be a good choice for me, but I"m drawn to it for some reason. However, I feel the necessity to keep the cost down because I want to build a wardrobe of dresses I can rotate, and if I spend a lot on each, that is really going to add up.

I happened t do a search by color, and ended up on Ebay. There is a seller who had an Alex Evenings dress in dark olive. Think of your dress, Margaret, but with a one shoulder look and a few same color stones near the shoulder. The seller had a marvelous reputation, and this was a new dress with tags. I put in a low ball offer, and ended up winning the dress. In just two days, the dress arrived. I just love it!

I think the only thing for me is, even though the top is a good fit (I got my regular size this time), I would love for the waist/hip area to be a bit smaller. However, it isn't baggy in the seat or anything like so many of my other dresses, so I'm leaving it alone.

I look forward to getting all your thoughts!

I'm doing laundry, thinking about how to style my teal dress. My real jewelry won't work, I think, because of the beading on the front. Likewise maybe no necklace, just drop earrings. So I'm surfing and I find these gorgeous beauties:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/104225630/aurora-borealis-pacific-opal-vintage

What do you think? Any other ideas? If I wear my hair down, I can't wear anything too dark or they won't show. Most of the teal dresses are shown with silver or rhinestones, which I'd rather not do.

Another option would be champagne:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Aurora-Borealis-Crystal-Chandelier-Dangle-Earrings-Citron-Lemon-Yellow-/131416432010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e99079d8a

A cheaper option:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Statement-Earrings-Aurora-Borealis-Pierced-Dangle-Earring-/271753717210?pt=Vintage_Costume_Jewelry&hash=item3f45c8a5da

It's 12 degrees, not as bad as Laurie but still pretty awful. More snow is on the way tomorrow. I'm missing the days when we used to spend a week in Scottsdale in early February! DH is going to Vegas next week and I wish I could go too.

Lol, our weather! Barbara, you pretty much get dry heat, right? I tolerate dry, upper 90s better than I do muggy low 80s. It's a breathing thing. I'd take 54.

We had snow that started off and on Thursday evening until yesterday night. I think we got around 6 inches total. We ended up with 5 when they predicted 1-3 from pre Juno stuff.

One thing I have been thinking about is how much I like the differences in my dresses, yet they all feel right to me. I may not get any pictures until this evening.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Margaret, they just changed our forecast to a storm bringing 10 inches. It will start tomorrow evening and end Monday evening. My girls are scheduled to fly to Chicago Monday so I'm hoping it doesn't mess up their flights. They are visiting their father who is very sick.

Laurie, I was just thinking that about your dresses and how much I like that about your selection. I tried on some of my dresses yesterday afternoon to see what fits and doesn't. I'm a bit of a stick-in-the-mud with all my sheath dresses. I think I had a lot more variety when I was thinner and didn't have to dress around my belly. :)

My short brown cocktail dress from last year still fits nicely, so I think it's going along. I'll pack one other dress for our specialty dining night. I think the remaining four will be pants nights. Well, maybe I'll pack a cute Sigrid Olsen cotton dress for one night. It can double as a sundress. I'm trying to choose clothes around how many pairs of shoes I'm willing to carry!

Ah, the joys of winter! In the meantime, I will use the indoor time to plan my cruise, and find bargains online, lol.

Before I post the first dress, I will tell you a bit about it, and an up close of the fabric, because I don't think it shows well in the lighting in my kitchen. The dress is an Alex Evenings, same as Margaret's new dress. I happened to go onto Ebay to get ideas, and I found this. I checked and this person is a long time seller, with great reviews. The dress was new with tags still on, and her house is smoke free. I had the ability to buy it now at the price listed, or to make an offer. I lowballed at $30.00 and got the dress.

Here is the fabric:

IMG_2895_zpsehabugd6.jpg

And here is it on. What are your thoughts? It isn't a V-neck, but it gives me space up above my check, which I need. However, strapless looks horrendous on me. I think this works, because it breaks up the space. What are your thoughts? The strap needs to be taken in a bit, like every dress I own!

IMG_2884_zpssbhwic9q.jpg

IMG_2885_zpsbpxog4ah.jpg

Another picture of the fabric. Maybe the most accurate?

IMG_2893_zpshlu2d4ac.jpg

Here is the gold one from Lord and Taylor. I know that like colors are not good for me, but I thought I would give it a try. I do like it. Do you think this neckline works also? It's a bit different.

IMG_2888_zpsf6fzih8c.jpg

Please excuse my hair...I haven't had it cut since October, and it is driving me nuts. That will be a goal for next weekend, I think.

Remember the teal dress at Dillards I posted a link of? That is an additional 30% off right now.

I'm finding that style wise, I need things with no gathers or fullness. Also, it is best to have the dress define my waist in a sheath like manner - that is, no waistband or belt. Just darts or an hourglass shape. But not straight and loose either. I think that is the downside of the gold dress, but I don't think it is that bad.

What has been tricky is realizing all this.

Lord and Taylor still has the champagne lace dress and it has now been marked down to $60.00 when it was $210.00. i think they may had an additional percentage off, I didn't try it on. Again. I showed it to my husband and mentioned it was probably not my best color. He agreed. He is pretty accurate most of the time do I walked away.

Edited by laurspag

Thanks, Margaret. I think the style and fit is really, really good. I hesitated buying it with the slit at first, but when I put it on, I was pleasantly surprised. The color too really seems to work out. One thing I really love is that it was on clearance and then I got another percentage off. I think it ended up being $59.00? That is great for evening wear.

I was thinking no necklace. (gosh, that's hard for me!)I think statement earrings would work better, and perhaps a sparkly bracelet. I was looking at these earrings today online, and my husband thought they were a really good choice.

http://www.charmingcharlie.com/baroness-baguette-earrings.html

I think I will be keeping the green dress as well, but I will be making some modest alterations to it. The shoulder issue is very easy to take care of, just like it is with the gold dress. I can do both of those myself. I am thinking of maybe taking the dress in a smidgen, but I'm going to pin it first and try it back on to see. As I've mentioned before, I'm a different size on top than on bottom. This dress has a way of making that less noticeable, but I can tell when I see the dress from the back.

Those earrings are really pretty. With a column dress I like some with length:

http://www.elegantcostumejewelry.com/Gold-Long-Crystal-Earrings-Elegant-Prom-Formal-Wedding-Jewelry-8622-GOLD.htm

http://www.elegantcostumejewelry.com/3-Long-Gold-Crystal-Earrings-Elegant-Wedding-Jewelry-8023-GLD.htm

Is the strap covered with rhinestones? It's hard to tell in the photo.

Margaret, I sent a reply yesterday from my Nook, but for some reason, they never go through. I love both of those earrings, but especially the second pair. I saw a bracelet too on the website that matches the earrings too!

I'm not sure what I would put with the olive dress. I like your way of thinking for your dress, and it got me thinking a bit about looking at different things.

I was even looking at your earring ideas again on Etsy, and I still like the third pair best with your dress. I think all three would work wonderfully but that pair stands out to me.

And yes, there are rhinestones on the one strap. I'm not loving them, because if they don't try to make them look a bit antique, they come off looking whitish.

Margaret, you are finding such great choices! I would say that my current favorite is the teal green pair. I think the Etsy show was YJCouture. They are silver, but I don't think the metal color would be all that noticeable due to the crystals. There is something about the shape and vintage feel that I think will work so well with the dress.

With your last grouping, I love how you are thinking outside the box! It's funny, because when I was looking to accessorize the red dress (the newer one from Kohls - the jersey one) I almost did something similar. I have a nice necklace with matching earrings for it, but I really am looking to find the right thing. I wanted to do something multicolored. The issue is that the red isn't exactly an earth red, it's kind of in between, maybe even a little to the cool side. I just love the dress so much. I think that if I can, I'm going to find something very different to wear with this dress. The simplicity of the dress gives ma a lot of room to go out on a limb.

I think that you can do that with the teal dress as well, because you are still capturing the teal. I would go with the ones labeled denim blue in a heartbeat.

I don't think the hard thing is finding the right earrings, it's finding the right ones! I'm rethinking the earrings for the gold dress, in that I could find something with gold, brown, bronzy jewels and then wear my bronze sandals. It would be different, but work. However, I think it may be the olive dress that I accessorize differently. I really want to bring out the warmth in that dress, because it isn't as obvious in all lighting.

Don't you just love Etsy? My thing is trying to create a search description to narrow down the choices to my range. Otherwise, I'm going through hundreds or thousands of things, and it can be overwhelming. But if you want it, it's on that website somewhere!

[/url]

Sally' date=' all I can think about is how much I wish I were on Siesta Key right now. :)[/quote']

The weather has been perfect the last two weeks . Low 70's during the day & 60"s at night . This is the perfect weather for all those outside restaurants .It is also great weather for sitting on the beach with a book and a sweater .Love all the earrings you are posting . I adore etsy !