celebrity liquor on board

maal1980

Hi,

sailing on celebrity real soon. would like to know if anyone has sailed within the last month and got there luggage checked for bringing liquor on board?

my brother just went out of tampa on rcl and was called down for a 6 pack of vitamin water and something else.

rcl owns celebrity, would like to bring a bottle of liquor on board??

thanks

From the main page of the X website:

03-02-2011 - (Alcohol Policy ) - A reminder of Celebrity Cruises' onboard alcohol policy - on embarkation day, guests are not permitted to bring any alcoholic beverages onboard, with the exception of two (2) bottles of wine per stateroom, which are subject to a corkage fee. Any other alcoholic beverages will be confiscated upon being found and not returned. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports-of-call (which must be presented to security upon reboarding), will be secured by ship's personnel and delivered to the guest's stateroom just prior to the conclusion of their cruise vacation. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage, etc.) at any time.

Feeling lucky? :rolleyes:

Hi,

sailing on celebrity real soon. would like to know if anyone has sailed within the last month and got there luggage checked for bringing liquor on board?

my brother just went out of tampa on rcl and was called down for a 6 pack of vitamin water and something else.

thanks

They could care less!I had 2 water bottles full of Kettle One in my carry on and 2 Black Box (Malbec & Reserve Merlot) in my checked bag.I also brought a 1 litre bottle of rum onboard at 1 of the ports and when it came through the scanner she said you have a bottle of alcohol and I simply acted like I didn't understand and grabbed my beach bag and walked to my stateroom.

In all my travels,I have never encountered a problem regarding alcohol!

Enjoy!:)

They could care less!I had 2 water bottles full of Kettle One in my carry on and 2 Black Box (Malbec & Reserve Merlot) in my checked bag.I also brought a 1 litre bottle of rum onboard at 1 of the ports and when it came through the scanner she said you have a bottle of alcohol and I simply acted like I didn't understand and grabbed my beach bag and walked to my stateroom.

It's not true that "they could care less". You had the vodka in water bottles and the boxed wine got through. And they called you on the rum but you decided to "evade" security but acting like you didn't understand. So it isn't though "they could care less". It is that you got lucky and then you intentionally ignored (by acting like you didn't understand) security regarding the bottle of rum. They do care, they do scan, and the rules are enforced.

By all means keep bragging about getting away with breaking the rules. Celebrity reads these boards. The more you brag, the more likely it is that they will crack down on people that are trying to get around the system.

In my mind, you are costing everyone that abides by the rules some money. The more you smuggle on board, the less you will buy from the ship. The less you buy from the ship, the more the cruise line will have to charge everyone else to turn a decent profit, be it in increased fares, lower quality food, lower quality service or higher drink prices. It is true some of the difference will come out of the shareholders pocket, but some will come out of your fellow cruiser's pockets in the long run as well.

It's luck of the draw. For years I took a small bottle of vodka on board when departing from the Port of San Juan and Port Everglades, not realizing it was against Celebrity's policy. Then the first time we cruised out of the Port of Los Angeles it was confiscated and NOT returned the last day of the trip. Now I just take my alotted 2 bottles of wine for the cabin.

They are scanning and they will take it away.

Word from a higher up on our last cruise was that they are not going to give it back in the future, but will destroy the alcohol.

did you just try and take some on board the celebrity you just went on?

Why do so many people take great pride in breaking the rules? Just because you don't get caught doesn't make it right. As the purchaser of a cruise you sign a contract saying you will abide by the rules. The penalties are outlined clearly. If you don't like the rules, get out of the game - you make it unpleasant for those who are willing to honor their commitment.

Yes to your first question.

You might want to see one of the following two recent threads on this subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1370042

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1367439

Personally, the LAST thing I want to spend time doing my first afternoon, or evening, on board is stand in line to get into the naughty room to get our luggage before we can unpack. Unlike other things on X, it doesn't sound like they make this an easy nor enjoyable experiance.

My accurate response answered the OP's question.Too bad if you don't like it!:rolleyes:

Your accurate response was how to hide alcohol. Maybe you should start a thread on ways to cheat the scanner and security searches.

If you put a bottle of booze (not disguised) in your bag it most likely will be discovered. And that is the accurate response.

Your accurate response was how to hide alcohol. Maybe you should start a thread on ways to cheat the scanner and security searches.

If you put a bottle of booze (not disguised) in your bag it most likely will be discovered. And that is the accurate response.

So how was your cruise?Did the virus abandon ship??

On Connie's most recent cruises, at least some cruisers were brought to the Guest Relations area, where they had to open their bags and turn over alcohol, irons and other forbidden items. Not every bag is checked. Yours might be. This was on Connie in January and February 2011.

Hi,

thanks

There are rules for a reason ( besides the $ X make from sales). DH & I are wine drinkers so 2 bottle + AQ perks work for us. If you must have liquor in your cabin look @ X website and order a bottle for your cabin. Yes it will probably be >$ that @ your local store-but you won't be called dow, don't have to worry about bottles breaking in your luggage etc.

It's a vacation enjoy it.

Carole

It seems X has updated their warning for cruises coming up.

03-02-2011 - (Spring Break Advisory - Policy Regarding Bringing Alcohol Onboard) - As a reminder of our Guest Alcohol Policy, guests may not bring alcoholic beverages onboard, with certain exceptions. Security may inspect any type of container and luggage for alcoholic beverages and will dispose of and not return any alcoholic beverages found. Guests who violate the Alcohol Policy may be disembarked or not allowed to board. Please see the full terms of our Guest Alcohol Policy.

Yes to your first question.

You might want to see one of the following two recent threads on this subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1370042

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1367439

Personally, the LAST thing I want to spend time doing my first afternoon, or evening, on board is stand in line to get into the naughty room to get our luggage before we can unpack. Unlike other things on X, it doesn't sound like they make this an easy nor enjoyable experiance.

I agree, also, it is just not worth the embarrassment of being "caught" not to mention what kind of a message would we be sending to our childern.

These supposed "violations" are conducted by nearly everyone!Don't bother preaching anymore.If you choose to waste your money durting thes economic times,feel free to do so.I like to think that the rest of us as "thrifty" and intelligent cruisers.

These supposed "violations" are conducted by nearly everyone!Don't bother preaching anymore.If you choose to waste your money durting thes economic times,feel free to do so.I like to think that the rest of us as "thrifty" and intelligent cruisers.

Nearly everyone??

That's a huge supposition on your part, the true facts of which would be difficult to prove. Don't assume that everyone who is thrifty resorts to violating the rules.

And I'm not preaching. Go ahead and continue your practices, which I have no doubt that you will anyway. When you are denied boarding or put off the ship, perhaps you'll reconsider how "intelligent" your choice was.

My view is act with integrity, budget the $$ for alcohol into the cost of the trip and enjoy. With the beverage packages it is a no brainer!!!

What great advice!Spend $50-$60 per day for beverages instead of BYOB!!Is this your first cruise by chance?Hey,times are tough.You need to think "out of the box",be creative and simply put,add value to your vacation!

An additional observation....should you decide to purchase the "WATER" package,CC does not allow your stateroom attedant to stock your accomodation with water.Rather,they inconveinience you buy making it necessary for you to acquire ONE (1) bottle of water at a time and lug it to your stateroom.

This policy is in force so that you do not benefit from the water package only having access to water via bars and restaurants.The same philosphy applys to ALL beverage packages.

So picture this,you and your significant other are enjoying your verandah and you want a beer. Each of you get up simply hike to a near by filling station aboard ship and then transport/hike back to your stateroom to recapture that special moment.

As you arrive to your stateroom,you realize that you have now consumed your beverage and you'll need to turnaround and return to the filling station.

Sound like lots of fun to you?:rolleyes:

My advice: plan ahead. Pick up a couple extra beers or waters during the day. Keep them cold in your room.

If you don't like the way Celebrity operates its beverage policies, perhaps there's another cruise line out there that will work for your lifestyle and what you enjoy doing.

What great advice!Spend $50-$60 per day for beverages instead of BYOB!!Is this your first cruise by chance?Hey,times are tough.You need to think "out of the box",be creative and simply put,add value to your vacation!

An additional observation....should you decide to purchase the "WATER" package,CC does not allow your stateroom attedant to stock your accomodation with water.Rather,they inconveinience you buy making it necessary for you to acquire ONE (1) bottle of water at a time and lug it to your stateroom.

This policy is in force so that you do not benefit from the water package only having access to water via bars and restaurants.The same philosphy applys to ALL beverage packages.

So picture this,you and your significant other are enjoying your verandah and you want a beer. Each of you get up simply hike to a near by filling station aboard ship and then transport/hike back to your stateroom to recapture that special moment.

As you arrive to your stateroom,you realize that you have now consumed your beverage and you'll need to turnaround and return to the filling station.

Sound like lots of fun to you?:rolleyes:

I agree with your sentiments, however, I will be purchasing the beverage package for my upcoming Eclipse Cruise, let you know how it works out!

If you don't like the way Celebrity operates its beverage policies, perhaps there's another cruise line out there that will work for your lifestyle and what you enjoy doing.

Well isn't that special!

No, it's sincere. Not every cruise line works for every passenger. There are good fits and bad fits. If X isn't to the cruiser's taste, I hope there is one out there that will work. There are lines which are all-inclusive as regards to beverages, for instance.

Archived