Elite Lounge questions

CcCcCcCindy

What is offered in the Elite Lounge?

Is it just wine and champagne, or is it beer and mixed drinks as well?

Do they offer hot and/or cold appetizers?

Is their concierge type service?

Coffees?

They have a menu of mixed drinks and cocktails you can choose from. I have a friend who can't drink cola and they made her Cuba Libre (spelling a pure guess) order with some kind of juice rather than coke.

A delightful server bought around hot appetizers to sample from various specialty restaurants.

Specialty coffees, smoothies, bloody Mary's, Mimosas (not sure of that) are served during the continental breakfast in Michaels.

Don't know what you mean by "concierge type service" There was no dedicated concierge that I ever saw but one at a desk next to guest relations. The concierge did call our cabin and leave a voice mail reminding us of upcoming events for Elites. They had a letter in the cabin when we embarked listing them all and said that we would not be getting individual invitations to save paper. You just needed to show your card for admission. I taped it to the mirror with what I was interested in highlighted.

Tucker in Texas

>>Is it just wine and champagne, or is it beer and mixed drinks as well?

Limited to certain drinks on a menu which includes some items from each of the above categories. But be sure to ask if there is something else you want as they sometimes will say yes depending on your request.

>>Do they offer hot and/or cold appetizers?

Yes - both

>>Is their concierge type service?

As someone indicated above the Captains Club Hostess is usually around, especially in the evening.

>>Coffees?

Only in the morning breakfast service, unfortunately not in the evening. I love a late afternoon latte or cappuccino, but they are not available in the Elite Lounge that time of day.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Royal Carribbean has cut out the beer from its diamond "events" and my husband does not drink wine. He was rather disappointed by this. We are trying X this fall, since we are travelling without the kids. Everyone we have met aboard other lines raves about the food and service on X. I thought we would see for ourselves.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Royal Carribbean has cut out the beer from its diamond "events" and my husband does not drink wine. He was rather disappointed by this. We are trying X this fall, since we are travelling without the kids. Everyone we have met aboard other lines raves about the food and service on X. I thought we would see for ourselves.

Beer is included as well as champagne. As mentioned above ask if you don't see it on the menu. My husband tipped the waiter $5. for our first round of drinks and we had super attention for the entire TA. Of course he tipped each day but we seemed to have a waiter when others were waiting. There were so many elites on our cruise that they sent those with over 20 cruise credits to Michaels Club and the rest of us with less stayed upstairs.

We always sat with a group and enjoyed the socializing as much as the drinks. There were many days when I just had diet coke.

The snacks they serve are quite good.

On the Summit we all met in Michaels club and there were too many people for the room but Miami would not let the hostess move it.

:confused: Has RCCL also taken the beer out of the dedicated Diamond+ and Suite lounges on the ships, or just the Diamond parties where there is no dedicated lounge (this we knew about, as they now charge for the beer. DH was none too happy about that move as they did so just as we turned Diamond.) When we stayed in a GS a few cruises ago, he frank free beer, although they didn't carry his brand.

dzcruisers - I like your DH's tipping idea. I'll remind my DH to do that. We are convinced this helps with room steward service. ;)

:confused: Has RCCL also taken the beer out of the dedicated Diamond+ and Suite lounges on the ships, or just the Diamond parties where there is no dedicated lounge (this we knew about, as they now charge for the beer. DH was none too happy about that move as they did so just as we turned Diamond.) When we stayed in a GS a few cruises ago, he drank free beer, although they didn't carry his brand.

Just the "events". We also turned Diamond, and had them remove the beer just in time for DH to not get to enjoy it. I really don't get why they can't do tap beer. It is not any more expensive than the wine. Not eveyone drinks wine. 25% off is an insult.

Beer is included as well as champagne. As mentioned above ask if you don't see it on the menu. My husband tipped the waiter $5. for our first round of drinks and we had super attention for the entire TA. Of course he tipped each day but we seemed to have a waiter when others were waiting. There were so many elites on our cruise that they sent those with over 20 cruise credits to Michaels Club and the rest of us with less stayed upstairs.

We always sat with a group and enjoyed the socializing as much as the drinks. There were many days when I just had diet coke.

The snacks they serve are quite good.

On the Summit we all met in Michaels club and there were too many people for the room but Miami would not let the hostess move it.

Which ship was this?

:confused: Has RCCL also taken the beer out of the dedicated Diamond+ and Suite lounges on the ships, or just the Diamond parties where there is no dedicated lounge (this we knew about, as they now charge for the beer. DH was none too happy about that move as they did so just as we turned Diamond.) When we stayed in a GS a few cruises ago, he frank free beer, although they didn't carry his brand.

dzcruisers - I like your DH's tipping idea. I'll remind my DH to do that. We are convinced this helps with room steward service. ;)

Beer is available on the Celebrity happy hours.

Just the "events". We also turned Diamond, and had them remove the beer just in time for DH to not get to enjoy it. I really don't get why they can't do tap beer. It is not any more expensive than the wine. Not eveyone drinks wine. 25% off is an insult.

Thanks! Glad they are serving wine on Celebrity. ;)

Archived